Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should we talk about LP and how to others ?

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 4 years ago by RedStang.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
CHERRY HILL, NJ
United States
Member #130213
July 9, 2012
387 Posts
Posted: March 26, 2013, 8:16 am - IP Logged

Sure, Tell friends and family, strangers, anyone who will listen.

I think LP should partner with large retailers like 7-11 and advertise on their large TV screens. Right they run ad loops on these screens and maybe LP should rent some space to promote itself. 

Theres a lot of talent I think that is out there that maybe has not heard of LP yet and we need to reach them. Also I see people are hungry for help with numbers and LP has a lot to offer them on this.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
    Economy class
    Belgium
    Member #123700
    February 27, 2012
    4035 Posts
    Posted: March 26, 2013, 9:22 am - IP Logged

I found LP many years ago and others have. Not everybody wants to be a member.

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
      rekjavik
      Iceland
      Member #99537
      October 27, 2010
      177 Posts
      Posted: March 26, 2013, 11:49 am - IP Logged

If you can not talk to some guy in line about lotterypost..... 

Then I would hate to imagine how you are talking to women........ROFL

um What?...... ugh.....What?.... im....Puke....  sorry...ROFL

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?Patriot

CHERRY HILL, NJ
        United States
        Member #130213
        July 9, 2012
        387 Posts
        Posted: March 26, 2013, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

If you can not talk to some guy in line about lotterypost..... 

Then I would hate to imagine how you are talking to women........ROFL

um What?...... ugh.....What?.... im....Puke....  sorry...ROFL

I share something with John McEnroe. I find it hard to look people in the eye and if its a female, my eyes stray towards her neckline and lower. First lesson I was taught was avoid eye-contact and striking conversations with strangers, especially inside the NY subway.

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: March 26, 2013, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

I share something with John McEnroe. I find it hard to look people in the eye and if its a female, my eyes stray towards her neckline and lower. First lesson I was taught was avoid eye-contact and striking conversations with strangers, especially inside the NY subway.

I was raised to not trust people who cannot look you straight in the eyes. What are they hiding? Why are they avoiding you?   Hiding Behind Computer

I've been on the NY subways, and find it fascinating to strike up a conversation with a complete stranger.  Argue

In the end however, some people just have phobias about any type of social contact, which may lead to anxiety attacks.  Blush

CHERRY HILL, NJ
            United States
            Member #130213
            July 9, 2012
            387 Posts
            Posted: March 26, 2013, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

I was raised to not trust people who cannot look you straight in the eyes. What are they hiding? Why are they avoiding you?   Hiding Behind Computer

I've been on the NY subways, and find it fascinating to strike up a conversation with a complete stranger.  Argue

In the end however, some people just have phobias about any type of social contact, which may lead to anxiety attacks.  Blush

I can believe that if you are caucasian and the stranger is likewise.

United States
              Member #111442
              May 25, 2011
              6323 Posts
              Posted: March 26, 2013, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

I can believe that if you are caucasian and the stranger is likewise.

Some of my best friends are non-white. (I am a very white and Irish).  Lep

Whether a stranger is black/white, male/female, old/young, has no bearing on whether or not I will initiate a conversation with them.

I am comfortable in my own skin, and color blind when it comes to meeting other people.

CHERRY HILL, NJ
                United States
                Member #130213
                July 9, 2012
                387 Posts
                Posted: March 27, 2013, 9:19 am - IP Logged

Some of my best friends are non-white. (I am a very white and Irish).  Lep

Whether a stranger is black/white, male/female, old/young, has no bearing on whether or not I will initiate a conversation with them.

I am comfortable in my own skin, and color blind when it comes to meeting other people.

I can believe that too, the first Irish in the States were the adventurous, risk-taking types who faced discrimination and other hardships for being Catholics. I guess those hard-times only strengthened your gene pools to become more welcoming to others.

Its painful however to read you consider people unworthy and suspect just because they cannot make eye contact. What about other disorders ? How about O'bama ? Do you believe in his Irish roots ?

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: March 27, 2013, 9:42 am - IP Logged

I can believe that too, the first Irish in the States were the adventurous, risk-taking types who faced discrimination and other hardships for being Catholics. I guess those hard-times only strengthened your gene pools to become more welcoming to others.

Its painful however to read you consider people unworthy and suspect just because they cannot make eye contact. What about other disorders ? How about O'bama ? Do you believe in his Irish roots ?

I didn't mean to cause you any pain d1nnl2, just stating my opinions.

When caring on a conversation with anyone that can never look you in the eyes, will always be suspect to me. Unless they have no eyes. Sad

I firmly believe in Obama's Irish roots, he's about as Irish as they come. And that's no blarney! Lep

Bluegal1's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                    Queens NY
                    United States
                    Member #141856
                    April 25, 2013
                    37 Posts
                    Posted: April 26, 2013, 9:50 am - IP Logged

I play at a stationary store where all of us regulars always share tips with each other because we are serious players. If the guy is playing that much money in pick 3 and 4, I definitely would have said something because its obvious he's a serious player.  Any serious player would welcome any tips or info. IMHO

Inga

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                      NY
                      United States
                      Member #121961
                      January 21, 2012
                      3157 Posts
                      Posted: April 26, 2013, 10:40 am - IP Logged

I always talk to lotto players, especially the ones with stacks of play tickets in their hand. If their at the machine i'll stand back and leave them alone.