Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Lottery OMG

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 4 years ago by sully16.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #140904
March 30, 2013
1 Posts
Posted: March 30, 2013, 4:09 am - IP Logged

In my opinion the lottery is a real game. You have to work really hard to win in some cases.  I had a dream and it went like this. There were to sets of characters the queen and the workers bees. In my dream the winning tickets represented honey. The honey was sent to locations all around specifically where worker bees could watch it with the help of watchers. Workers bees/watcher were told which places had good honey and the best of all honey. Worker bees had to steal honey to feed the Queen. So worker bees would be on the lookout for honey and lots of honey. The worker bees created a network of trust with other bees because getting a cut of the honey was worth the reward.
This is the part where my dream changed from being animated. Bed

I saw store clerks reporting back about bought tickets. Group HugThe moment a clerk spotted a known Lottery customer they’d tip off watchers. Watchers looked like men in black with shades but ugly. They’d surround the store pretending to shop and just when that lottery customer is at the checkout they rush to the checkout. They wanted to see just how much money this customer was spending. They trust Lottery customer’s instincts because that luck is what keeps the customer wining. For possible winning stacks the goal was to beat the customer to the register and buy some tickets. When there were losers they took a note of how many tickets were bought. Buying tickets decreased their cut but if losing tickets were closer in the stack to a bigger win then all bets were in. PartyIn the dream watchers got mad when customers bought winning tickets because that was a loss to them. ArgueThey would go through a lot of trouble to watch the stack but they were careful not to let customers know exactly what they were doing. This was a strange dream and felt very real. So I started thinking about some of the question below.

Is it possible to electronically steal tickets? Doing the old switch up! A losing ticket for the winner. You don’t need watchers for that lol. Type

I wonder if a drawing can be manipulated. Can anyone tell me exactly what this machine does other than spit out tickets? I know what we see it doing but does it do something else?Hiding Behind Computer

Is it possible to forward your numbers electronically to a back system? I mean like helping the lottery beat you?
We get the curtsey of random quick picks but is this helping you? I mean could you get combinations from other customers or combinations of numbers that will not hit? So is it possible that a hidden system could search for ways to see all the numbers cast and avoid every single one of those combinations?

Is the final drawing really random? Or does a system pick left over numbers that will not pull a winner? When too many players play does that really mean good news for players? Or are the odds really against the player all the time?

In my opinion scratcher games are the best to play since the money is already out there. Now replay games are different because everything is put in electronically.  Now go and see if winning ticket numbers are listed for replay winners. In Second chance drawings No ticket number is listed… No ticket numbers are listed but winners are chosen. The public sees nothing! Stop Is it possible for someone to steal a winner and replace it with a loser? Everybody doing replays can you tell me how you can tell that the alleged winner isn’t winning with your ticket? OMG! Is the first and last name and location enough?

The ticket is the verification process and a validation to customers that a real winner was selected with integrity.In second chance drawings show every winning card number. We pay the money we need to know. Don't tell us the game is played with integrity prove it in all games. Is this fair to the lottery customer?US Flag

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40469 Posts
    Posted: March 30, 2013, 7:19 am - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post Stack

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: March 30, 2013, 7:46 am - IP Logged

Just wondering....were you watchin "The Matrix" before you went to bed???

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
        Oklahoma
        United States
        Member #82391
        November 12, 2009
        6290 Posts
        Posted: March 30, 2013, 8:01 am - IP Logged

Welcome to the LP StackThumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: March 30, 2013, 10:38 am - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post, Stack.

You sure have some detailed dreams.

Mine are usually pretty simple - wimmins and whiskey.

Occasionally I have dreams about very specific numbers though.

And I'll play them every drawing for a month or two but they've never come in.

So I hope your dreams are luckier than mine - good luck!

United States
            Member #93947
            July 10, 2010
            2180 Posts
            Posted: March 30, 2013, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

Stack,

It's quite possible, and maybe even likely, that QuickPick selection programs are looking at the distribution of tickets purchased in real time, purposely trying to increase the chances of a rollover or reduce the chances of multiple winners.  However, when it comes to the drawings, I think manipulation is much less likely, especially in ones using mechanical ball machines.

My first post here at LP addressed the issue of the potential for fraud in the PA "Raffle" games.  My question was never really answered, but you might want to read it anyway.  Your description of "Watchers" in the retail outlets is what reminded me of my early post. Smile

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/217181

(I often wish I had quit while I was ahead with this Thread.)

--Jimmy4164

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
              u$a
              United States
              Member #106665
              February 22, 2011
              19817 Posts
              Posted: March 30, 2013, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

Stack,

It's quite possible, and maybe even likely, that QuickPick selection programs are looking at the distribution of tickets purchased in real time, purposely trying to increase the chances of a rollover or reduce the chances of multiple winners.  However, when it comes to the drawings, I think manipulation is much less likely, especially in ones using mechanical ball machines.

My first post here at LP addressed the issue of the potential for fraud in the PA "Raffle" games.  My question was never really answered, but you might want to read it anyway.  Your description of "Watchers" in the retail outlets is what reminded me of my early post. Smile

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/217181

(I often wish I had quit while I was ahead with this Thread.)

--Jimmy4164

I Agree! 

My first post here at LP addressed the issue of the potential for fraud in the PA "Raffle" games. LOL

Let it Snow Snowman

Lottonomics's avatar - box

United States
                Member #133657
                October 5, 2012
                82 Posts
                Posted: March 30, 2013, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

I like to think of the lottery as a living entity whose main goal is to avoid being captured. Every combination someone plays is a net trying to catch it, and when you zig, the lottery zags to avoid capture. It's almost as if the winning combination for every draw is influenced by everyone elses collective plays, the opposite if you will, and the only time someone wins the jackpot is when the lottery gets cornered and has nowhere to escape.

Yeah, kooky, I know Leaving

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                  Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #74096
                  May 2, 2009
                  22918 Posts
                  Posted: March 30, 2013, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

Do you really think those terminals spit out numbers and do nothing else? Ask for a quick pick whether it's for a jackpot game
                  or any game at all....you will get same combos. I've seen it in the pick 3 many times with my own tickets.
                  They'll be different order, but it's the same number.
                  Sometimes if I ask for 5, 2 will be the same number. I ask for them straight and copy them boxed.....there are 1,000 combos
                  for p3....how can I get 2 of the same in 5 seconds?
                  Our computer pick game for p3 is a rgn....it's animated...and dumb. In this case, I believe the numbers played for the drawing
                  can be examined especially since they cut off play at 1:03 and draw at 1:35...what are they doing???
                  Someone once explained here...maybe Cointoss?...about how number pools could be used and percentages associated with
                  them manipulated according to how many tickets are sold...(this I believe was for the big games..but I think they use number
                  pools for quick picks on the smaller games too)
                  I've won before on quick picks but I just think the 'involvement' is more 'involved' in the rng games.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                    Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #74096
                    May 2, 2009
                    22918 Posts
                    Posted: March 30, 2013, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

In my opinion the lottery is a real game. You have to work really hard to win in some cases.  I had a dream and it went like this. There were to sets of characters the queen and the workers bees. In my dream the winning tickets represented honey. The honey was sent to locations all around specifically where worker bees could watch it with the help of watchers. Workers bees/watcher were told which places had good honey and the best of all honey. Worker bees had to steal honey to feed the Queen. So worker bees would be on the lookout for honey and lots of honey. The worker bees created a network of trust with other bees because getting a cut of the honey was worth the reward.
                    This is the part where my dream changed from being animated. Bed

I saw store clerks reporting back about bought tickets. Group HugThe moment a clerk spotted a known Lottery customer they’d tip off watchers. Watchers looked like men in black with shades but ugly. They’d surround the store pretending to shop and just when that lottery customer is at the checkout they rush to the checkout. They wanted to see just how much money this customer was spending. They trust Lottery customer’s instincts because that luck is what keeps the customer wining. For possible winning stacks the goal was to beat the customer to the register and buy some tickets. When there were losers they took a note of how many tickets were bought. Buying tickets decreased their cut but if losing tickets were closer in the stack to a bigger win then all bets were in. PartyIn the dream watchers got mad when customers bought winning tickets because that was a loss to them. ArgueThey would go through a lot of trouble to watch the stack but they were careful not to let customers know exactly what they were doing. This was a strange dream and felt very real. So I started thinking about some of the question below.

Is it possible to electronically steal tickets? Doing the old switch up! A losing ticket for the winner. You don’t need watchers for that lol. Type

I wonder if a drawing can be manipulated. Can anyone tell me exactly what this machine does other than spit out tickets? I know what we see it doing but does it do something else?Hiding Behind Computer

Is it possible to forward your numbers electronically to a back system? I mean like helping the lottery beat you?
                    We get the curtsey of random quick picks but is this helping you? I mean could you get combinations from other customers or combinations of numbers that will not hit? So is it possible that a hidden system could search for ways to see all the numbers cast and avoid every single one of those combinations?

Is the final drawing really random? Or does a system pick left over numbers that will not pull a winner? When too many players play does that really mean good news for players? Or are the odds really against the player all the time?

In my opinion scratcher games are the best to play since the money is already out there. Now replay games are different because everything is put in electronically.  Now go and see if winning ticket numbers are listed for replay winners. In Second chance drawings No ticket number is listed… No ticket numbers are listed but winners are chosen. The public sees nothing! Stop Is it possible for someone to steal a winner and replace it with a loser? Everybody doing replays can you tell me how you can tell that the alleged winner isn’t winning with your ticket? OMG! Is the first and last name and location enough?

The ticket is the verification process and a validation to customers that a real winner was selected with integrity.In second chance drawings show every winning card number. We pay the money we need to know. Don't tell us the game is played with integrity prove it in all games. Is this fair to the lottery customer?US Flag

..oh and btw, for the second time this week, there has been a very specific sense of deja vu concerning a particular post and
                    posting style that someone referred to earlier. I find it happening to me reading your post Stack.

I immediately thought of Pumpi...just the other poster pointed out on another thread...
                    Difference is you had a dream...for Pumpi, it would have been a reality.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
                      Columbus, Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #128906
                      June 5, 2012
                      591 Posts
                      Posted: March 30, 2013, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to LP... cool name

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7310 Posts
                        Posted: March 31, 2013, 1:00 am - IP Logged

Welcome to LP... cool name

Thank you!

How long do you think it will take them to make post number 2?

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
                          Nutley, New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #131058
                          August 1, 2012
                          875 Posts
                          Posted: March 31, 2013, 1:02 am - IP Logged

Thank you!

How long do you think it will take them to make post number 2?

are you two related?

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7310 Posts
                            Posted: March 31, 2013, 1:09 am - IP Logged

are you two related?

Nope, it's probably just a coincidence.

New York's avatar - 103h4yr
                              NYC
                              United States
                              Member #117984
                              October 19, 2011
                              1843 Posts
                              Posted: March 31, 2013, 2:00 am - IP Logged

Welcome stack!

Enjoy your stay.

Who's pumpi? I've seen pumpi mentioned twice.

Oh, by the way, I had a dream of 158 and played it for the evening... Short story short, I got a box hit. Whenever I dream if a number, I play it.

I'm upset too, because I just recalled when I had a dream about holding a PB ticker with numbers 3, ...... Don't remember. I could've won. ;-(