Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Sweet Million or MM or PB?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 4 years ago by GiveFive.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
NY
United States
Member #103217
December 31, 2010
96 Posts
Posted: March 31, 2013, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

I'm in NY state and have option to play sweet million. If I want to play for a shot at 1 million ( due to relatively low odds as the draw is from the less overall numbers), would you play a Sweet million or PB or MM?

Mega million and PB you have to hit 5 numbers from set of 60 I believe, where as in Sweet Million, you have to hit 6 numbers out of 40.

My preference is towards less odds (higher probability) of winning 1 million as opposed to gigantic prize.

1 million is good enough for me!!!

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19740 Posts
    Posted: March 31, 2013, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

i would play all Smiley

Let it Snow Snowman

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
      Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #82391
      November 12, 2009
      6290 Posts
      Posted: March 31, 2013, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

Depends on your budget, if you can afford to play all three then go for it if not play the game with the better odds Sweet Millions.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19816 Posts
        Posted: March 31, 2013, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

I'm in NY state and have option to play sweet million. If I want to play for a shot at 1 million ( due to relatively low odds as the draw is from the less overall numbers), would you play a Sweet million or PB or MM?

Mega million and PB you have to hit 5 numbers from set of 60 I believe, where as in Sweet Million, you have to hit 6 numbers out of 40.

My preference is towards less odds (higher probability) of winning 1 million as opposed to gigantic prize.

I have a similar choice in Ohio with Classic Lotto.  PB is at $40M/$25.1 and MM is at $34M/$25.1 with 175M to 1 odds and CL is at $31.8M/$15.9 with 14M to 1 odds.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: March 31, 2013, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

Yeah go for it...oh wait how much are the tickets??

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10344 Posts
            Posted: April 1, 2013, 12:56 am - IP Logged

A 6/40 game is certainly going to be more likely for you to to hit than a 5/59 + 1 or a 5/56 + 1 game, but that being the case, is the average hit on Sweet Million a solo winner or is it usually split?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
              upstate NY
              United States
              Member #108791
              March 31, 2011
              549 Posts
              Posted: April 1, 2013, 4:24 am - IP Logged

A 6/40 game is certainly going to be more likely for you to to hit than a 5/59 + 1 or a 5/56 + 1 game, but that being the case, is the average hit on Sweet Million a solo winner or is it usually split?

Sweet Million is fairly unique for a jackpot game in that the top prize is NOT split.  That is, if multiple people win, they each walk away with a million dollars.  There is a limit, though; I think it goes pari-mutuel if there are more than 5 jackpot winners for a single draw.  However, that "problem" has never surfaced; I believe the most they've had at once is two winners.

Patriot

London
                United Kingdom
                Member #140684
                March 24, 2013
                566 Posts
                Posted: April 1, 2013, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

If I was in the US I would just take a stab at PB and MM, I don't like to spend too much.  I would still wait for both of them to be up to 100M each due to taxes in the states.

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10344 Posts
                  Posted: April 1, 2013, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

mediabrat,

Thanks for the info. That is unique!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                    NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3690 Posts
                    Posted: April 1, 2013, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

mediabrat,

Thanks for the info. That is unique!

What's even more unique about it is this; Of the two drawings when there were multiple top prize Sweet Million winners, in one of those drawings, one player played the same line TWICE, and therefore won 2 million dollars.  Funny thing is, they bought one ticket in one store, and a second ticket in a different store located on the very same street.  Even though it happened about 50 miles from the town I live in, I've never been able to find out if the person did that on purpose, or if it was simply a very fortunate accident. (meaning they accidentally used the same playslip in two different stores.)

I'm in the "it was done on purpose" camp.  And I learned from it too. In the time since it happened, I've played the same line twice on one playslip on more than one occasion.  That makes one line kind of expensive, but no more so than a one line PB ticket.  And it could be done up to 5 times on one playslip, therefore the player could win 5 million dollars.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!