Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery, body guards and bullet proof limousine

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 4 years ago by billionaire2bee.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
California
United States
Member #112364
June 17, 2011
661 Posts
Posted: April 1, 2013, 1:37 am - IP Logged

How much money one would need to win before one should seriously consider hiring body guards and buying a bullet proof limousine? Remember, most billionaires like Bill Gates have around the clock protection.

buttercake's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United Kingdom
    Member #70550
    February 5, 2009
    120 Posts
    Posted: April 1, 2013, 4:33 am - IP Logged

Winning over £100m I think, plus it would also depend on the area you live in after you have won, if you live in a decent wealthy area then there would be no need to hire security, but if you tend to live in a rough area then you definitely need the limo, guards etc.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
      Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #82391
      November 12, 2009
      6290 Posts
      Posted: April 1, 2013, 4:44 am - IP Logged

$1 Billion Wink

I Love Pink & Green 1908

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
        Member #52345
        May 21, 2007
        2657 Posts
        Posted: April 1, 2013, 6:52 am - IP Logged

$1 Billion Wink

LOL ... maybe 3/4 of a billion I'd get my own armored truck

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: April 1, 2013, 7:23 am - IP Logged

How much money one would need to win before one should seriously consider hiring body guards and buying a bullet proof limousine? Remember, most billionaires like Bill Gates have around the clock protection.

Someone like Bill Gates really can afford it remember the ongoing cost of something like that....Im thinking it would be depending on how many bodies you have covering you and you family and bulletproof vehicles aint cheap ( BMW 750 il w/ bulletproofing starts at 152,000).....the costs would be at least somewhere in the 250,000 a month maybe every per week again depending on various factors....so for something like that....I'd have to  win upwards of 10 Billion....seriously....so I'd never go for something like that

buttercake's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United Kingdom
            Member #70550
            February 5, 2009
            120 Posts
            Posted: April 1, 2013, 8:53 am - IP Logged

$1 Billion Wink

That's a good answer

How much would that be after tax, considering the government takes half etc?

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
              Oklahoma
              United States
              Member #82391
              November 12, 2009
              6290 Posts
              Posted: April 1, 2013, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

That's a good answer

How much would that be after tax, considering the government takes half etc?

A Whole lot Wink i'm thinkig $650 million Thud

I Love Pink & Green 1908

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                40299 Posts
                Posted: April 1, 2013, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

half billion

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: April 1, 2013, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

I saw some guy smash a pie in Bill Gates' face one time.

So if somebody wants to get to you bad enough they will get to you, bodyguards or no bodyguards.

And you have to remember that the members of one particular political party will hate you once you become rich.

And they will think that you should give most of that money to the government to be redistributed to people who don't like to work.

Enjoy what's left!

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3474 Posts
                    Posted: April 2, 2013, 12:47 am - IP Logged

It isn't how much money you've got. It's how much paranoia. Or maybe how much attention you crave.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #92330
                      June 5, 2010
                      887 Posts
                      Posted: April 2, 2013, 3:26 am - IP Logged

I think there's a bit of difference between a regular Joe winning money and leaders of corporations and such. Also remember that people just as powerful as Gates don't always carry around that type of security (Steve Jobs would regularly walk around his neighborhood with just his wife and there are numerous stories of him talking to strangers).

I don't think there's an amount I could have that would make me hire guards. I could see some people wanting it, but I'd be good with a concealed carry handgun (and whatever new "toys" I've bought).

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8360 Posts
                        Posted: April 2, 2013, 3:29 am - IP Logged

20 million and up .... Until i pack my family and our possessions we intend to keep i will considered getting some security for the family and myself only because nobody in our neighborhood would keep quiet about a big win. And i wouldn't want any harm to come to my family if hoards of people show up at my doorstep.

Otherwise i will rent a room at the Hyatt Regency park my family there and have a moving company clean out my house and move it to the new location.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                          rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: April 2, 2013, 10:19 am - IP Logged

It isn't how much money you've got. It's how much paranoia. Or maybe how much attention you crave.

You should be just fine then, Floydie.

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                            rekjavik
                            Iceland
                            Member #99537
                            October 27, 2010
                            177 Posts
                            Posted: April 2, 2013, 11:15 am - IP Logged

Someone like Bill Gates really can afford it remember the ongoing cost of something like that....Im thinking it would be depending on how many bodies you have covering you and you family and bulletproof vehicles aint cheap ( BMW 750 il w/ bulletproofing starts at 152,000).....the costs would be at least somewhere in the 250,000 a month maybe every per week again depending on various factors....so for something like that....I'd have to  win upwards of 10 Billion....seriously....so I'd never go for something like that

Its all just to off set your taxes.... business expenses.

The more money you make you have to find a way not to get killed by SAM.

If you can live off the interest and keep your mouth shut... Then there will be no need for guards.

If some one ask how did you get your money... Just say I have made some good investments and cashed out at the right time.

But I would like to have the  BMW 750 il w/ bulletproofing starts at 152,000 Just in case....Cool Cheers

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?Patriot

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                              Member #52345
                              May 21, 2007
                              2657 Posts
                              Posted: April 2, 2013, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

Its all just to off set your taxes.... business expenses.

The more money you make you have to find a way not to get killed by SAM.

If you can live off the interest and keep your mouth shut... Then there will be no need for guards.

If some one ask how did you get your money... Just say I have made some good investments and cashed out at the right time.

But I would like to have the  BMW 750 il w/ bulletproofing starts at 152,000 Just in case....Cool Cheers

too hades with your sissy armored beemer

Rather have something like this HD truck