Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Buy A Large Amount Of Tickets - Best Method?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Tatototman65.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
Member #88435
March 16, 2010
397 Posts
Posted: April 7, 2013, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

If one was to go out in buy 1000 tickets...what would be the best way to do it? Like I am not sure how it works with such a large buy...the most tickets I ever bought was like 20. :lol: These would all be quick pick and the other thing is they are for the $0.25 bet.

Thanks. :)

$1,000,000

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
    Member #133462
    September 30, 2012
    5946 Posts
    Posted: April 7, 2013, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

Quality over Quantity!

I know a pool in CA that buys so many tickets the terminal runs out of paper and sometimes ink and they have yet to win as much as 5+0 in Superlotto which has far better odds than the multi state games.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
      Member #88435
      March 16, 2010
      397 Posts
      Posted: April 7, 2013, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Quality over Quantity!

I know a pool in CA that buys so many tickets the terminal runs out of paper and sometimes ink and they have yet to win as much as 5+0 in Superlotto which has far better odds than the multi state games.

I am thinking about the smaller "cash" games where you can bet $0.25, $0.50 or $1. Just the amount of tickets is more than I have bought in the past. Do I fill out one sheet and let them run it a bunch of times since it is QP?

$1,000,000

Bahamas
        Member #133462
        September 30, 2012
        5946 Posts
        Posted: April 7, 2013, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

I am thinking about the smaller "cash" games where you can bet $0.25, $0.50 or $1. Just the amount of tickets is more than I have bought in the past. Do I fill out one sheet and let them run it a bunch of times since it is QP?

If you're playing a set number of QPs just tell the cashier how much you want to purchase. In the case where you are playing multiple games, I would suggest to lay it on the clerk one at a time. They seem to get confused very easily.

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
          Member #88435
          March 16, 2010
          397 Posts
          Posted: April 7, 2013, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

If you're playing a set number of QPs just tell the cashier how much you want to purchase. In the case where you are playing multiple games, I would suggest to lay it on the clerk one at a time. They seem to get confused very easily.

It would be just the one bet of $0.25...but yeah they do get confused...I usually get 3 tickets for one game and they always give me 2. Ugh. 

I am also wondering if it would be better to go to different locations...I imagine getting a large amount of tickets would take up too much time at one location for the clerk.

$1,000,000

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4108 Posts
            Posted: April 7, 2013, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

If one was to go out in buy 1000 tickets...what would be the best way to do it? Like I am not sure how it works with such a large buy...the most tickets I ever bought was like 20. :lol: These would all be quick pick and the other thing is they are for the $0.25 bet.

Ask the Clerk how its done.

Bahamas
              Member #133462
              September 30, 2012
              5946 Posts
              Posted: April 7, 2013, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Great point! A few have them have been known to try passing 'Go' with your $200. Watch out for that especially when redeeming your wins.

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                California
                United States
                Member #112364
                June 17, 2011
                661 Posts
                Posted: April 7, 2013, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

If you are going to buy 1,000 tickets, I would say don't use QP since QP often contains too many duplicate numbers. Pick your own numbers while minimizing duplicate numbers. Spread them out so that the number of duplicate numbers are spread equally across 1,000 tickets.

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
                  Member #88435
                  March 16, 2010
                  397 Posts
                  Posted: April 7, 2013, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

If you are going to buy 1,000 tickets, I would say don't use QP since QP often contains too many duplicate numbers. Pick your own numbers while minimizing duplicate numbers. Spread them out so that the number of duplicate numbers are spread equally across 1,000 tickets.

I was thinking about picking my own numbers and then I was thinking all kinds of stuff and decided that not worrying about the numbers would be better for my head. LOL. It will be a while before I do this so I might actually pick the numbers...but I was just gonna be lazy QP so I am not worried about systems and wheels. Ugh.

And yes I will probably ask the clerk about it...but thought some here who have had experience with buy lots O' numbers could offer advice. :)

$1,000,000

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                    California
                    United States
                    Member #112364
                    June 17, 2011
                    661 Posts
                    Posted: April 7, 2013, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

I was thinking about picking my own numbers and then I was thinking all kinds of stuff and decided that not worrying about the numbers would be better for my head. LOL. It will be a while before I do this so I might actually pick the numbers...but I was just gonna be lazy QP so I am not worried about systems and wheels. Ugh.

And yes I will probably ask the clerk about it...but thought some here who have had experience with buy lots O' numbers could offer advice. :)

I bought 100 QP for Fantasy 5. 1 ticket won 19 dollars (3 out of 5). 16 tickets won free replay (2 out of 5). The rest are losers.

The odds of having 3 out of 5 correct are 1 in 103.
                    The odds of having 2 out of 5 correct are 1 in 10.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                      Ringleader
                      Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #81740
                      October 28, 2009
                      40497 Posts
                      Posted: April 7, 2013, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

Quality over Quantity!

I'll buy that anyday

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: April 7, 2013, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

Those clerks without heads are even dumber than the rest.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Tatototman65's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
                          Member #138729
                          February 4, 2013
                          2872 Posts
                          Posted: April 7, 2013, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

While I don't know the answer to your question, at the very least I'd wait to play that many lines until it's obvious an even or odd sum is due, which alone increases your odds by 50%.

Smile

Want regulated Internet gaming in your state? Got 30 SECONDS to spare?
                          MI Residents ONLY (Time is running out; ACT NOW)-
                          Click me
                          Open to EVERYONE- Click me