Welcome Guest
You last visited May 28, 2017, 10:17 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

how many people play lottery?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 4 years ago by frenchie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
frenchie's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
Los Angeles
United States
Member #75410
June 2, 2009
502 Posts
Posted: April 7, 2013, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know a web site that would give you some statistic or estimate about how many people play the state lottery, and or country worldwide ?

Thank you.

Frenchie.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Chasing the Dream.
    Utopia- California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4334 Posts
    Posted: April 7, 2013, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

Google it.
    Thumbs Up

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
      California
      United States
      Member #112364
      June 17, 2011
      661 Posts
      Posted: April 7, 2013, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know a web site that would give you some statistic or estimate about how many people play the state lottery, and or country worldwide ?

Thank you.

Frenchie.

I think such statistics is pretty difficult to obtain accurately since most lottery players, with the exception of those who win $600 or more, are anonymous. You have no idea if 100 million tickets bought last year came from a million people or 10 million people for example.

The only reliable statistics we can obtain is how much money Americans spend on lottery each year and from that we can estimate how much, on average, we spend on lottery per adult. But not every adult plays a lottery and not every lottery player spends the same amount of money each year. So, the statistics may be skewed.

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7483 Posts
        Posted: April 8, 2013, 9:22 am - IP Logged

Thank you.

Frenchie.

I saw a statistic where the per capita lottery spending in the U.S. a year is $188, but that figure is based on the total amount of ticket sales divided by the total population. Since 23.7% of the population is under 18, the per capita spending by each adult is about $246. There is no accurate way to break what percentage of the adult population purchases lottery tickets so any estimate would be a wild guess.

frenchie's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
          Los Angeles
          United States
          Member #75410
          June 2, 2009
          502 Posts
          Posted: April 8, 2013, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

I saw a statistic where the per capita lottery spending in the U.S. a year is $188, but that figure is based on the total amount of ticket sales divided by the total population. Since 23.7% of the population is under 18, the per capita spending by each adult is about $246. There is no accurate way to break what percentage of the adult population purchases lottery tickets so any estimate would be a wild guess.

Hi Stack47,

Thank you very much for your response, I really appreciate it.

Before writing this post I went on Google for couple hours, with not much result, I'm just curious about how many people play and spend !!!

Maybe by writting to to the lottery game themselve I would get a better answer ?

Thanks again,

Frenchie.