Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 5:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do more people win the draw games by picking their numbers or by buying QP's?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: April 11, 2013, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if people have more success with picking their own numbers for draw games like MM, PB, etc. or do you have more luck with QP's? I'm someone who has done mostly QP's but had mentioned on a previous post that I was getting bad numbers on QP's like 3 numbers in a row or winning numbers from the last draw so I had started picking my numbers for some of the MM & PB games. Well I ended up doing better when I picked my own numbers but I got lazy and went back to QP's. It seems when I hear of big jackpot winners many times it's won on a QP.  I'm going to spend less time on QP and go back to trying to pick my own numbers more often. I was just wondering how either method was working out for people when it comes to wins. I also know that some people will have a set of numbers they play consistently (I've never done that because I don't want to be locked into a set of numbers that I have to play for years just in case the one time I wouldn't play those numbers that would be the time they would come up).

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
    Member #133462
    September 30, 2012
    5946 Posts
    Posted: April 11, 2013, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

It's all relative. More people employ the quick pick method so naturally more win by quick picks. I, personally however, am not concerned about statistics as much as I am concerned with what will be the strategy that helps ME to snag a jackpot. I have played Quick picks with no more than a 3+0 win. I have enjoyed several 4+0 wins using my own numbers. In the end, you have to decide what works best for you!

"Everything works  ONCE!"

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: April 11, 2013, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if people have more success with picking their own numbers for draw games like MM, PB, etc. or do you have more luck with QP's? I'm someone who has done mostly QP's but had mentioned on a previous post that I was getting bad numbers on QP's like 3 numbers in a row or winning numbers from the last draw so I had started picking my numbers for some of the MM & PB games. Well I ended up doing better when I picked my own numbers but I got lazy and went back to QP's. It seems when I hear of big jackpot winners many times it's won on a QP.  I'm going to spend less time on QP and go back to trying to pick my own numbers more often. I was just wondering how either method was working out for people when it comes to wins. I also know that some people will have a set of numbers they play consistently (I've never done that because I don't want to be locked into a set of numbers that I have to play for years just in case the one time I wouldn't play those numbers that would be the time they would come up).

I think more people have won the lesser amounts with the self-picks but more "jackpot" winners have won using quick-picks...but if you got the money play both maybe you pick one and let the computer pick one...Im personally trying to let the app I downloaded pick some and then I let the computer pick some

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
        Oklahoma
        United States
        Member #82391
        November 12, 2009
        6290 Posts
        Posted: April 11, 2013, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

I personally do better when I pick my own numbers. I usually pick 1 or 2 lines of my own #'s then 1 qp.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10389 Posts
          Posted: April 11, 2013, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

shyguitar,

From he Powerball.com website FAQ page:

WHICH HAS THE BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING: COMPUTER PICKS OR PLAYER PICKS?

About 70% to 80% of purchases are computer picks. About 70% to80% of winners are computer picks. Perhaps just one of those weird coincidences?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7341 Posts
            Posted: April 11, 2013, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

Both methods won jackpots though more QPs simply because more QPs are sold. The only downside to playing the same self picks in multiple drawings is if you happen to forget to play or decided to quit and then see that some of your combos would have one a nice prize. We can purchase the same QP combos for multiple drawings and they too are susceptible to the dreaded "my old numbers hit, but I didn't play them".

QPs are more convenient to play, but neither play is worse than the other.