Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 12:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is your prediction for that recent PB $388M winner in NJ?

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 4 years ago by ttech10.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #125918
March 31, 2012
362 Posts
Posted: April 11, 2013, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

Well here is my prediction for that recent $338M NJ Powerball winner.. Well since he claim the winnings too soon without thinking and spending the money way to fast is a receipe of disaster..  I give it 5-10 years all that money is going to be gone or tragic outcome might happen like other lottery winners... 

If i won that i would wait 1- 2 months before coming forward to claim it and deal with tax,investment,and lawyers first. Also have a blind trust to shield my name and face from media. I was advised by a lottery winner in my state and told me this is what i need to do if i ever win..

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
    California
    United States
    Member #112364
    June 17, 2011
    661 Posts
    Posted: April 11, 2013, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

Well here is my prediction for that recent $338M NJ Powerball winner.. Well since he claim the winnings too soon without thinking and spending the money way to fast is a receipe of disaster..  I give it 5-10 years all that money is going to be gone or tragic outcome might happen like other lottery winners... 

If i won that i would wait 1- 2 months before coming forward to claim it and deal with tax,investment,and lawyers first. Also have a blind trust to shield my name and face from media. I was advised by a lottery winner in my state and told me this is what i need to do if i ever win..

He may have an urgent need that will be solved with his cash fall. Claiming your ticket and cashing your check immediately is not necessarily a bad decision. It is what you do after that and what you spend it for that would make a difference.

United States
      Member #125918
      March 31, 2012
      362 Posts
      Posted: April 11, 2013, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

He may have an urgent need that will be solved with his cash fall. Claiming your ticket and cashing your check immediately is not necessarily a bad decision. It is what you do after that and what you spend it for that would make a difference.

Well people that claim to fast without planning end up broke or worse..

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
        California
        United States
        Member #112364
        June 17, 2011
        661 Posts
        Posted: April 11, 2013, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

Well people that claim to fast without planning end up broke or worse..

Without planning yes. With planning no. One could make a plan after claiming the ticket. Claim the ticket, cash the check, pay off your immediate need like medical bills, student loans, credit card debt, home repair and then you can make a plan.

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: April 11, 2013, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

Without planning yes. With planning no. One could make a plan after claiming the ticket. Claim the ticket, cash the check, pay off your immediate need like medical bills, student loans, credit card debt, home repair and then you can make a plan.

I agree....Planning is the way to go and for me I couldnt have claimed the ticket too soon cause I got bills at my house....and Pedro did too...Anybody whose got debt they'd want to dispatch of quick would claim that ticket asap....I for one would like to shove my house up my mortgage company's a------ LOL

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7341 Posts
            Posted: April 11, 2013, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

"Well since he claim the winnings too soon without thinking and spending the money way to fast is a receipe of disaster."

Why don't you tell us your experience of winning a nine figure jackpot and your spending and investment experiences with a nine figure bank account.

"If i won that i would wait 1- 2 months"

Then you don't have any real experience, but just an opinion of Pedro should handle his winnings. You should have asked for predictions on how many unsolicited opinions Pedro Quezada heard since he won the his jackpot.

"I was advised by a lottery winner in my state and told me this is what i need to do if i ever win.."

Did he suggest changing your phone number and/or moving?

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4144 Posts
              Posted: April 12, 2013, 2:20 am - IP Logged

l will make no predictions on other peoples money.Its quite possible that Pedro is smarter than you take him to be, you seem to think that his a moron. The guy did run a business and l did not read that he was a failure at it. 

By the way Tony, until you win that kind of money- you can say whatever you want to us here and now, but if the moment came, you could be doing the exact opposite to what you professed you would do.Money changes things, even peoples minds.Bang Head

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                Texas
                United States
                Member #92330
                June 5, 2010
                887 Posts
                Posted: April 12, 2013, 4:13 am - IP Logged

Not to mention that they could plan the 90/180/365 days they're given to cash the prize and still fail to follow the plan. I'm sure many here on LP have put thought into the actions they would take in case they won and I think many could do well with their winnings if they were to claim ASAP.

I really can't judge the guy. As much as I've thought of waiting a couple weeks before claiming, I could just as easily skip that plan and claim within the same week, not even through a trust.