Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Changes to the Powerball

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 4 years ago by ressuccess.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #123200
February 15, 2012
52 Posts
Posted: April 11, 2013, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

The Powerball lottery has gotten new machines.  They look similar and behave the same as the old ones, but they are new. And if you watch the last drawing video, they are not installed too well, the machines shake when "puffing" up the balls. Compare that video to the previous drawing video and you will see what I mean. 

Expect a few wild gyrations in your Powerball statistics fo a while.

The old machines were numbered 9 - 12, the new ones appear to be numbered 5 - 8 (or 3 - 6 need more drawings results to find out).

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19727 Posts
    Posted: April 12, 2013, 2:27 am - IP Logged

The Powerball lottery has gotten new machines.  They look similar and behave the same as the old ones, but they are new. And if you watch the last drawing video, they are not installed too well, the machines shake when "puffing" up the balls. Compare that video to the previous drawing video and you will see what I mean. 

The old machines were numbered 9 - 12, the new ones appear to be numbered 5 - 8 (or 3 - 6 need more drawings results to find out).

we did to we got new machines & new tickets because a new company took over

Let it Snow Snowman

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
      Nutley, New Jersey
      United States
      Member #131058
      August 1, 2012
      875 Posts
      Posted: April 12, 2013, 2:43 am - IP Logged

yes, you are right the machines seem to have a rumble that they didn't have before. I'm not sure if these are new machines or the same machines that weren't installed properly. In any case, I hope they fix this issue because I usually look at the last 25 drawings when I pick my numbers and the old draws won't mean anything if there is a new factor (rumbling) that wasn't there before.

Old Drawing

Latest Drawing

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
        California
        United States
        Member #112364
        June 17, 2011
        661 Posts
        Posted: April 14, 2013, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

yes, you are right the machines seem to have a rumble that they didn't have before. I'm not sure if these are new machines or the same machines that weren't installed properly. In any case, I hope they fix this issue because I usually look at the last 25 drawings when I pick my numbers and the old draws won't mean anything if there is a new factor (rumbling) that wasn't there before.

Old Drawing

Latest Drawing

It's just a temporary one time switch. They used a slightly different machine when the drawing was held in CA. They went back to the old machine when the next drawing was held in its usual place in FL.

By the way, both machines shook but the one in CA was more obvious because the camera was closer to the machine.

BreakingBad94's avatar - tumblr m7404b0Zj51qieieio1_250.jpg
          Alpharetta, GA
          United States
          Member #140980
          April 1, 2013
          88 Posts
          Posted: April 14, 2013, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

To be honest it looks like the machine is going to blow up.

"You are a wealthy man now. One must learn to be rich. To be poor, anyone can manage. " -- Gus Fring from Breaking Bad

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
            California
            United States
            Member #112364
            June 17, 2011
            661 Posts
            Posted: April 15, 2013, 1:15 am - IP Logged

Why is that? I didn't even notice that the machine was shaking until someone mentioned it. I think it's very subtle. Certainly not worse than the vibration in your car.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
              Economy class
              Belgium
              Member #123700
              February 27, 2012
              4035 Posts
              Posted: April 15, 2013, 11:49 am - IP Logged

True, it vibrates a lot! I Agree!

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: April 15, 2013, 11:58 am - IP Logged

Its a home made job. About $15. in materials.

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
                  Member #93164
                  June 23, 2010
                  1313 Posts
                  Posted: April 15, 2013, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

I like these new Powerball machines. My California Super Lotto Plus contract came to an end on Saturday April 6th, 2013 because they're joining the game Powerball too. I want to say good luck to California joining the game Powerball.