Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 9:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida announces Lucky Lines will be replaced

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Win$500Quick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Hollywood, fl
United States
Member #140096
March 10, 2013
376 Posts
Posted: April 15, 2013, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

Just wanted to know if anyone here has ever had any luck with the Lucky Lines game in Florida

It has been announced that lucky lines will be replace by mega millions, wanted to get everyones thoughts if they liked the game or not

nassau
    Bahamas
    Member #1695
    June 17, 2003
    18 Posts
    Posted: April 15, 2013, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

Mega Millions?Party

Hollywood, fl
      United States
      Member #140096
      March 10, 2013
      376 Posts
      Posted: April 15, 2013, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

It's like powerball, but more states are involved

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
        Jacksonville Florida
        United States
        Member #23018
        October 6, 2005
        918 Posts
        Posted: April 15, 2013, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

Just wanted to know if anyone here has ever had any luck with the Lucky Lines game in Florida

It has been announced that lucky lines will be replace by mega millions, wanted to get everyones thoughts if they liked the game or not

The reason Lucky Lines is being discontinued on May 14th is because it was not popular enough (the reason most games are dropped or replaced), bringing in "only" $70 million since introduction.

The question remaining is if the current Florida Lottery game Mega Money will end sometime this year after Mega Millions starts in May. Mega Money is one of the lower revenue generators for Florida.

Luckytreasure's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
          Port Orange, Florida
          United States
          Member #133398
          September 28, 2012
          163 Posts
          Posted: April 15, 2013, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

Lucky lines was impossible to win. Hardly ever any big winners.

Hollywood, fl
            United States
            Member #140096
            March 10, 2013
            376 Posts
            Posted: April 15, 2013, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

Lucky lines was impossible to win. Hardly ever any big winners.

Mega money will probably end due to having Fantasy 5, powerball and now Mega Millions

The highest win i saw was $50 on a $5 lucky lines, i thought the game was OK just not too popular

Pompano Beach
              United States
              Member #122193
              January 26, 2012
              602 Posts
              Posted: April 16, 2013, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Been playing LL for some time, only play2 dollar bets sometimes QP and sometimes my numbers. At least daily win 3 to 9 dollars, won 100 couple months back. I will miss this game. Won 16 this am on 3 dollar bet. Blew it on new scratch offs and won a dollar. May is when it's over-- so sad.!!!

"You can't take it with you."Sun Smiley

Hollywood, fl
                United States
                Member #140096
                March 10, 2013
                376 Posts
                Posted: April 16, 2013, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

Been playing LL for some time, only play2 dollar bets sometimes QP and sometimes my numbers. At least daily win 3 to 9 dollars, won 100 couple months back. I will miss this game. Won 16 this am on 3 dollar bet. Blew it on new scratch offs and won a dollar. May is when it's over-- so sad.!!!

Well I'm going to get some before its over and see what happens

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                  Florida
                  United States
                  Member #77815
                  August 1, 2009
                  3460 Posts
                  Posted: April 17, 2013, 5:34 am - IP Logged

I played it once when it started and I did not like it. I never see anyone playing it either. This the press release:

FLORIDA LOTTERY TO DISCONTINUE LUCKY LINES™

TALLAHASSEE - The Florida Lottery announced today that LUCKY LINES™, an instant-win terminal game, will be discontinued on Tuesday, May 14, 2013. The last day for players to redeem winning LUCKY LINES tickets is November 10, 2013.

LUCKY LINES went on sale in late 2010 and has generated more than $70.8 million in sales and $44.8 million in prizes. The game also generated more than $18.9 million for Florida's Educational Enhancement Trust Fund.

"The Florida Lottery has enjoyed having LUCKY LINES as part of our portfolio of games," said Lottery Secretary Cynthia O'Connell. "We are focusing on the future, introducing innovative and exciting games to new and existing players."

The Florida Lottery offers a diverse product mix consisting of seven terminal games and approximately 60 Scratch-Off games at any given time through vending machines or counter displays at more than 13,000 retailers statewide. MEGA MILLIONS will be added in May, replacing LUCKY LINES as the Lottery's seventh terminal game.

Guess Who's Back?