Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 7:51 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Have you won a big JP?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rowlettewheel.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Krypton
United States
Member #140102
March 11, 2013
904 Posts
Posted: April 20, 2013, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

Who has won a big jack pot?  Which game, how did you do it and what amount of prize?

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
    Member #133462
    September 30, 2012
    5946 Posts
    Posted: April 20, 2013, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

If you convert this thread into a poll you may get a better responses. I doubt any big JP winners would want to "out" themselves even under the guise of an LP profile.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

LAKE HAVASU AZ
      United States
      Member #44729
      August 8, 2006
      446 Posts
      Posted: April 20, 2013, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

If you convert this thread into a poll you may get a better responses. I doubt any big JP winners would want to "out" themselves even under the guise of an LP profile.

I Agree!

some day....some day

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: April 20, 2013, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

If someone came on here and said they won a jackpot...would you really believe them??? Cmon unless they had pictures, video, and their drivers license picture along with it...that would be the only way you could really prove that it was the actual person that won...but as regular joes on the street unless you personally know someone on here and what they look like....they could be standing right next to you and you'd never know it...

Bahamas
          Member #133462
          September 30, 2012
          5946 Posts
          Posted: April 20, 2013, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

You make a valid point!

I like you want people to know, but I refuse to do a press conference or photo ops or even come out and tell any one that I have won ( explicitly, that is).

I have been thinking about this for a while and I know exactly how to do it - lol. They will "author' threads in my honor debating whether OB won the MM jackpot - Crazy

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7344 Posts
            Posted: April 20, 2013, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

From what I've read, the majority of active LP members want to remain anonymous so I doubt they would want to go into detail about their jackpot win. I sort of doubt a poll would produce 100% honest answers either. We had a member claim they won $1 million in a raffle by purchasing their ticket on the last day, but none of the $1 million winning tickets were sold on the last day. When that was pointed out, they never posted a follow-up explanation.

But there is no harm in asking or starting a poll.

Bahamas
              Member #133462
              September 30, 2012
              5946 Posts
              Posted: April 20, 2013, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

From what I've read, the majority of active LP members want to remain anonymous so I doubt they would want to go into detail about their jackpot win. I sort of doubt a poll would produce 100% honest answers either. We had a member claim they won $1 million in a raffle by purchasing their ticket on the last day, but none of the $1 million winning tickets were sold on the last day. When that was pointed out, they never posted a follow-up explanation.

But there is no harm in asking or starting a poll.

We've all read our share and had our fill of horry stories from going public. Imagine the number of PMs a winner would get. That individual will go to no avatar land in a day!

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: April 20, 2013, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

We've all read our share and had our fill of horry stories from going public. Imagine the number of PMs a winner would get. That individual will go to no avatar land in a day!

Imma tell you right now and I have vowed this everytime someone asks this question.....When I win Im telling everybody.... Im giving every news station that wants to do an interview with me, I'll do it....I'll even come back here and do interviews with Todd if he wants me to...I want to tell everybody my experiences of winning, picking financial planners, buying toys, deciding on to whom and what to donate to etc, etc, etc....Winning the lottery will be a whirlwind experience and I cant wait to share it with the world...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19903 Posts
                  Posted: April 20, 2013, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

Who has won a big jack pot?  Which game, how did you do it and what amount of prize?

You might as well ask who has $10M+ and can prove it, that's how that question would sound to some one who had actually won a big jackpot.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                    California
                    United States
                    Member #112364
                    June 17, 2011
                    661 Posts
                    Posted: April 20, 2013, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Imma tell you right now and I have vowed this everytime someone asks this question.....When I win Im telling everybody.... Im giving every news station that wants to do an interview with me, I'll do it....I'll even come back here and do interviews with Todd if he wants me to...I want to tell everybody my experiences of winning, picking financial planners, buying toys, deciding on to whom and what to donate to etc, etc, etc....Winning the lottery will be a whirlwind experience and I cant wait to share it with the world...

I would be very interested in knowing about the financial planners part.
                    How do you pick and choose which professionals to hire?
                    How do you know whom to trust?
                    How do you know that they would be working for your best interest instead of theirs?
                    Do you have to give up control of your money?
                    Can you terminate the relationship at any moment without risking a lawsuit?
                    etc etc

These are questions that can't objectively be answered by professionals you are going to hire.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                      Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4146 Posts
                      Posted: April 20, 2013, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

How do you know that they would be working for your best interest instead of theirs?
                      etc etc

These are questions that can't objectively be answered by professionals you are going to hire.

Excellent questions Red.
                      You have to be in control- its your money unless a winner does not view it so from the start.
                      As for being  sued- l don't think telling  them they are lousy at what they do is considered grounds for a lawsuit. California is an " At Will State" you don't need a reason to let someone go, just as long as it's not based on religious views, political,  sexual orientation etc. Unless you signed a contract with the attorney-pull the trigger if you not getting what you paying for, l would.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                        u$a
                        United States
                        Member #106665
                        February 22, 2011
                        19967 Posts
                        Posted: April 20, 2013, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

etc etc

I Agree!

Patriot

Bahamas
                          Member #133462
                          September 30, 2012
                          5946 Posts
                          Posted: April 21, 2013, 12:26 am - IP Logged

PB went up by 21 million!

116m annuity

75.6m cash value

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                            u$a
                            United States
                            Member #106665
                            February 22, 2011
                            19967 Posts
                            Posted: April 21, 2013, 12:31 am - IP Logged

PB went up by 21 million!

116m annuity

75.6m cash value

PartyPartyPartyPartyPartyParty

Patriot

fbird's avatar - nw archer.jpg
                              White Lake,Mi
                              United States
                              Member #1495
                              May 12, 2003
                              5546 Posts
                              Posted: April 22, 2013, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

Really?????? Like someone would be that stupid to tell you or us?????????

Hat

VAL

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me: I may not follow.

Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus