Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What was your absolute worst year or period of time for playing the lottery?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 4 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4100 Posts
Posted: April 21, 2013, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

By worst l mean: Your returns were abysmal. Your loses piled up to a point where you wanted to walk away from the game forever, or came away constantly with a bad taste in your mouth from your loses.Maybe not as drastic as raiding the 401k- but you wish that year did not happen at all... l,m talking about that worst.

* Dare l dredge up old memories...Puke

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: April 21, 2013, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

By worst l mean: Your returns were abysmal. Your loses piled up to a point where you wanted to walk away from the game forever, or came away constantly with a bad taste in your mouth from your loses.Maybe not as drastic as raiding the 401k- but you wish that year did not happen at all... l,m talking about that worst.

Your recent posts seem like a cry for help. Especially this one.

My advice from one LP member to another is to stop, or slow down when in a bad streak. You'll drive yourself nuts worrying whether you can get ahead of the game or not. I get It.

But you have to stay strong.

Noise-gate, we may disagree on some things, but I like your posts. Let's not let an LP, E-Friendship get spoiled by something that isn't really Important in the big scheme of things. Smiley

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4100 Posts
      Posted: April 21, 2013, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

Your recent posts seem like a cry for help. Especially this one.

My advice from one LP member to another is to stop, or slow down when in a bad streak. You'll drive yourself nuts worrying whether you can get ahead of the game or not. I get It.

But you have to stay strong.

Noise-gate, we may disagree on some things, but I like your posts. Let's not let an LP, E-Friendship get spoiled by something that isn't really Important in the big scheme of things. Smiley

Cry for help . What would that be O wise One? l am merely trying to inject some humor into a forum that at times seems to take things too serious.

If l feel that l will be driving myself " nuts" as you put it- l will get professional help- and you not it. Since you look at yourself as the 900 Lb Gorilla of wisdom and intellect here, why bother with my posts? Run along and play.

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: April 21, 2013, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

Cry for help . What would that be O wise One? l am merely trying to inject some humor into a forum that at times seems to take things too serious.

If l feel that l will be driving myself " nuts" as you put it- l will get professional help- and you not it. Since you look at yourself as the 900 Lb Gorilla of wisdom and intellect here, why bother with my posts? Run along and play.

Wrong I'm afraid. I have not much Intellect, but I do have wisdom, street smarts, and some lucky days.

Why bother with your posts?

So let me get this straight. You ask questions, yet complain when they're not satisfactory within your line of thinking. lol

Maybe you should refine your posts to a more specific guideline/outline, whatever.

If I was smart, I'd have at least 3 million dollars at my disposal at any given time. Green laugh

I'm not wise, trust me !

Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4100 Posts
          Posted: April 21, 2013, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

Then take your " wisdom, street smarts & lucky days" and put it  in a capsule,  bury that sucker for future generations to learn from you.

United States
            Member #128790
            June 2, 2012
            5431 Posts
            Posted: April 21, 2013, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

Then take your " wisdom, street smarts & lucky days" and put it  in a capsule,  bury that sucker for future generations to learn from you.

What's with the hostility?

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
              Massachusetts
              United States
              Member #37433
              April 14, 2006
              2747 Posts
              Posted: April 21, 2013, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

I think I only win back about 10% of the money I spend. I just ignore the losses because what I'm after would wipe away any money I have ever lost. This year I have not won more $20 and I think I am almost approaching $200 in ticket buying Unhappy

That money's gone fo ever

Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4100 Posts
                Posted: April 21, 2013, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

Hopefully you an adult that can handle helpful criticism.

First off: There is no hostility. But your " wisdom and street smarts" seems to give you license to always be right.

My observation is that when you ask a question and are given an answer- you CHANGE the rules.

Previously you asked for folks to cite a convenient store that has more than ONE Lottery winner. When the answer is provided, instead of saying " Thanks l did not know that"- you throw a wrench into the works by adding- show me a store that has " More than 10 or a dozen winners".. do you not see how that comes off? Your  " wisdom & street smarts" shows arrogance.

l hold nothing against you because l do not know you, but show some humility even if it goes against your very fiber.

Here is something for you to read..Enjoy.

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
                As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
                Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.
                Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
                If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
                for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

* Desiderata (Latin: "desired things") is a 1927  prose poem by American writer  Max Ehrmann.

Bay Area - California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4100 Posts
                  Posted: April 21, 2013, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

I think I only win back about 10% of the money I spend. I just ignore the losses because what I'm after would wipe away any money I have ever lost. This year I have not won more $20 and I think I am almost approaching $200 in ticket buying Unhappy

Love this line of yours Maringoman.

" I just ignore the losses because what I'm after would wipe away any money I have ever lost."

Party

United States
                    Member #128790
                    June 2, 2012
                    5431 Posts
                    Posted: April 21, 2013, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

Hopefully you an adult that can handle helpful criticism.

First off: There is no hostility. But your " wisdom and street smarts" seems to give you license to always be right.

My observation is that when you ask a question and are given an answer- you CHANGE the rules.

Previously you asked for folks to cite a convenient store that has more than ONE Lottery winner. When the answer is provided, instead of saying " Thanks l did not know that"- you throw a wrench into the works by adding- show me a store that has " More than 10 or a dozen winners".. do you not see how that comes off? Your  " wisdom & street smarts" shows arrogance.

l hold nothing against you because l do not know you, but show some humility even if it goes against your very fiber.

Here is something for you to read..Enjoy.

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
                    As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
                    Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.
                    Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
                    If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
                    for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

* Desiderata (Latin: "desired things") is a 1927  prose poem by American writer  Max Ehrmann.

First off: There is no hostility. But your " wisdom and street smarts" seems to give you license to always be right

It seems you're the only one giving me some ficticious power i don't have.

Specifically, how do I change the rules? Specific examples of real events please.

No, what I stated at one point was for someone to show me a store that had more than 10 JP wins, and that would make me wonder, but then I realized that It doesn't matter how many times a store has JP wins. There are millions of losing tickets for that one lucky person to win, whether they played at that store, or at any other store. Bottom line is that thwy have to get the correct numbers to win a JP, not which store they frequented.

This is getting tiring, and it's my fault for responding when I said i wouldn't anymore. My bad.

Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4100 Posts
                      Posted: April 21, 2013, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

Whatever- its a lost cause.

United States
                        Member #128790
                        June 2, 2012
                        5431 Posts
                        Posted: April 21, 2013, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

Whatever- its a lost cause.

Can we still be friends?

Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4100 Posts
                          Posted: April 21, 2013, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

We were never enemies. Your wisdom & Street smarts ought to have told you that a long time ago.

United States
                            Member #128790
                            June 2, 2012
                            5431 Posts
                            Posted: April 21, 2013, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

We were never enemies. Your wisdom & Street smarts ought to have told you that a long time ago.

I never said "enemies", I said "friends".

Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4100 Posts
                              Posted: April 21, 2013, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

Not friends.

A friend is a  person  attached  to  another  by  feelings  of  affection  or  personal  regard.We don't qualify as such.