Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Your new neighbors after you win the lottery

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 4 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: April 25, 2013, 11:44 am - IP Logged

What kind of people would you think they would be?

How do you think they would feel about you moving in the neighborhood.....for example David Edwards neighbors didnt care for his flashy ways and trailer park ways towards the end...he was in a kinda upscale Palm Beach gated neighborhood

Do you think they would even acknowledge you? Resent you?

My brother told me of a neighborhood in London where the neighbors didnt ask to borrow a cup of sugar instead they would ask to borrow a blank check...Billionaire's row I believe it was called...

Would you put up a nice security fence as soon as you moved in??

Me personally I'd like to have a house in the back part of a neighborhood on two or three lots With a 10ft brick privacy fence...I dont want to be isolated where someone could wage a war against my home and possibly breach security....but that's just me....

How about you??

NY
    United States
    Member #23835
    October 16, 2005
    3474 Posts
    Posted: April 25, 2013, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

Getting along with your neighbors is convenient, but not mandatory. The bigger your property is the less important your neighbors are. If I were to win a jackpot the distance between my house and the neighbors' property lines would be proportional to the size of the jackpot.

Where somebody lives isn't anywhere close to the top of my list of reasons to be interested in somebody, so I might get through life without ever even meeting the new neighbors, except for passing them on the road.

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40340 Posts
      Posted: April 25, 2013, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

My nearest neighbor would be miles away if I won the lottery.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
        Member #4877
        May 30, 2004
        5117 Posts
        Posted: April 25, 2013, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

My nearest neighbor would be miles away if I won the lottery.

SLY:

A person I met in Austin,TX........bought 50 acres land outside town and built a

very "BIG" house in (exact middle of property). I actually ask him why he would

do that....................................???????????????????????????????????????????

He said, "I have always wanted a place where I could PI$$ in my front yard and

have no neighbor complain about me." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DanceDrumDance

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
          Member #121745
          January 16, 2012
          4786 Posts
          Posted: April 25, 2013, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

I have a feeling they'd be falling all over me way before I'd be  giving them the time of day.  I can see if you act like the Edwards guy (his neighbors probably knew he was doing drugs) but if you a reasonable person and present yourself well, play well with others, etc., I cannot imagine having any problem.

J'aime La France.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
            Member #52345
            May 21, 2007
            2657 Posts
            Posted: April 25, 2013, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

I have a feeling they'd be falling all over me way before I'd be  giving them the time of day.  I can see if you act like the Edwards guy (his neighbors probably knew he was doing drugs) but if you a reasonable person and present yourself well, play well with others, etc., I cannot imagine having any problem.

Skeptical well I dunno about Edward's former neighbors nore his nasty habits

but I know for myself I'd streach out the process of officially moving in over 6 weeks or more cause of all the remodeling I'd end up having to do

of course I'd  anonymously put out notice out that a known [dog h8r] was moving into thar 'hood

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #94283
              July 17, 2010
              2284 Posts
              Posted: April 25, 2013, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

Skeptical well I dunno about Edward's former neighbors nore his nasty habits

but I know for myself I'd streach out the process of officially moving in over 6 weeks or more cause of all the remodeling I'd end up having to do

of course I'd  anonymously put out notice out that a known [dog h8r] was moving into thar 'hood

I don't hate dogs but I do hate owners who allow them to bark incessantly.  Next time I move, I'll walk thru the neighborhood several times at all times of day to see if there are any of those.  And try to talk to the potential neighbors and feel them out as to whether barking bothers them, and ask if a barker moved in if they'd be willing to help take the owner to court to shut the thing up.

My neighbor's dog is barking as I type.  Has been for a couple hours now.  Barked at 1:30 am last Sunday morning and woke me up.  Barks regularly at 11 pm to midnight so I can't go to sleep until way late because if I get woken up I can't get back to sleep.  I'm totally sick of living my life around a dog.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                40340 Posts
                Posted: April 25, 2013, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

SLY:

A person I met in Austin,TX........bought 50 acres land outside town and built a

very "BIG" house in (exact middle of property). I actually ask him why he would

do that....................................???????????????????????????????????????????

He said, "I have always wanted a place where I could PI$$ in my front yard and

have no neighbor complain about me." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DanceDrumDance

Thats my thought, walk out the door and do what I want, play my music loud, I'd still use the bathroom, hubby and son could do what they want.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                  California
                  United States
                  Member #112364
                  June 17, 2011
                  661 Posts
                  Posted: April 26, 2013, 12:39 am - IP Logged

Bill Gates bought the ENTIRE neighborhood just to make sure he doesn't have to deal with the neighbors.

United States
                    Member #128790
                    June 2, 2012
                    5431 Posts
                    Posted: April 26, 2013, 12:52 am - IP Logged

My new neighbors will be just as rich...next ..;lol

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: April 26, 2013, 1:05 am - IP Logged

I don't hate dogs but I do hate owners who allow them to bark incessantly.  Next time I move, I'll walk thru the neighborhood several times at all times of day to see if there are any of those.  And try to talk to the potential neighbors and feel them out as to whether barking bothers them, and ask if a barker moved in if they'd be willing to help take the owner to court to shut the thing up.

My neighbor's dog is barking as I type.  Has been for a couple hours now.  Barked at 1:30 am last Sunday morning and woke me up.  Barks regularly at 11 pm to midnight so I can't go to sleep until way late because if I get woken up I can't get back to sleep.  I'm totally sick of living my life around a dog.

If having a talk with the neighbor didn't help and there were no local codes that could be enforced, I'd just find a way to make sure the neighbor was just as annoyed and sleepless as I was.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                        u$a
                        United States
                        Member #106665
                        February 22, 2011
                        19752 Posts
                        Posted: April 26, 2013, 1:13 am - IP Logged

Bill Gates bought the ENTIRE neighborhood just to make sure he doesn't have to deal with the neighbors.

best idea ever Yes Nod

Let it Snow Snowman

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                          adelaide sa
                          Australia
                          Member #37136
                          April 11, 2006
                          3300 Posts
                          Posted: April 26, 2013, 7:04 am - IP Logged

If there where bankers around, definitely yes to the security fence.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United States
                            Member #130815
                            July 25, 2012
                            1636 Posts
                            Posted: April 26, 2013, 8:09 am - IP Logged

Wow did you see what he spent on buying the neighbors out?? It was bargain basement time....14.5 million is all he paid....his house cost almost 10 times that!!!

United States
                              Member #130815
                              July 25, 2012
                              1636 Posts
                              Posted: April 26, 2013, 8:10 am - IP Logged

My new neighbors will be just as rich...next ..;lol

Rich neighbors can be A-holes too though....