Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Second chance drawing winner question

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 4 years ago by noise-gate.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
savannah, georgia
United States
Member #142155
May 4, 2013
1 Posts
Posted: May 4, 2013, 1:37 am - IP Logged

I recently defied the odds and won $10k from a second chance drawing from a scratch off game and I need some help. My wife purchased the ticket and I registered it on the lottery website in my name. My wife actually signed the back of the ticket and put her info on it before I registered it online. Well, as I mentioned we won the $10k and now Im unsure how the lottery office is going to do this when we go to claim the prize?? Are they going make me claim it or will they just let my wife claim it because she actually owns the winning ticket and she signed it?? Really could use someones help on this...thanks

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4108 Posts
    Posted: May 4, 2013, 5:53 am - IP Logged

I recently defied the odds and won $10k from a second chance drawing from a scratch off game and I need some help. My wife purchased the ticket and I registered it on the lottery website in my name. My wife actually signed the back of the ticket and put her info on it before I registered it online. Well, as I mentioned we won the $10k and now Im unsure how the lottery office is going to do this when we go to claim the prize?? Are they going make me claim it or will they just let my wife claim it because she actually owns the winning ticket and she signed it?? Really could use someones help on this...thanks

Sounds to me like you don't trust either your wife or the lottery people who will be cutting the check. If Georgia is a community of property state,  there should be no worries. That is just my opinion. Better get solid advice from those who are familiar with this type of thing.
    All the best.
    Dance

Moral of the story: Have all your ducks in a row before making hasty decisions- like filling in forms with your name as the primary when the item in question has someone else's signature on it.