Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

No Mega Millions advertising in Florida

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 4 years ago by th19940305.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Navarre, Florida
United States
Member #12806
March 22, 2005
16 Posts
Posted: May 5, 2013, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

Mega Millions gets underway here in Florida next Wednesday, and so far the only MM advertising I have seen is on the lottery terminal screens that says "Mega Millions comming soon", but I have not seen any TV ads, or any inserts on the Florida Lottery play slip stations or on the Florida Lottery website about MM?  So when will I get to see any Florida Mega Millions ads other that the ones on lottery terminal screens?

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
    NY
    United States
    Member #121961
    January 21, 2012
    3157 Posts
    Posted: May 5, 2013, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

Noticed that up here when they release new games. Its probable cheaper for them to use word of mouth and small signs, then tv ads or reprinting play slips.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #94283
      July 17, 2010
      2284 Posts
      Posted: May 5, 2013, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

I noticed that Idaho lottery has cut way back on advertising.  I haven't seen a MM ad on TV in a year or more.  And they just started the PowerBall ads with the last JP.  They used to start when the JP was much lower.

Idaho does advertise games on tickets.  I can't tell you how many times I've wondered why I have a MegaMillions ticket in my PowerBall/Hot Lotto/Wild Card 2 stack.  Upon closer inspection I see that's a MegaMillions ad on my Powerball ticket.  I bet it's a lot cheaper than TV, and must be somewhat effective.  And it probably confuses enough people into looking at the wrong results and throwing away winning tickets that they realize a little profit there too.  Confused

Hollywood, fl
        United States
        Member #140096
        March 10, 2013
        376 Posts
        Posted: May 11, 2013, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

They have these out, that's about it

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4107 Posts
          Posted: May 11, 2013, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

Mega Millions gets underway here in Florida next Wednesday, and so far the only MM advertising I have seen is on the lottery terminal screens that says "Mega Millions comming soon", but I have not seen any TV ads, or any inserts on the Florida Lottery play slip stations or on the Florida Lottery website about MM?  So when will I get to see any Florida Mega Millions ads other that the ones on lottery terminal screens?

Perhaps the State is strapped for Cash. Word of mouth works pretty good. It worked for the movie " District 9"

Word of mouth ed...word of mouth.

Hollywood, fl
            United States
            Member #140096
            March 10, 2013
            376 Posts
            Posted: May 13, 2013, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

Went to publix today and they had these out, but they are not active yet

Grabbed a few

Hollywood, fl
              United States
              Member #140096
              March 10, 2013
              376 Posts
              Posted: May 13, 2013, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

Went to publix today and they had these out, but they are not active yet

Grabbed a few