Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you have better luck buying 4 or 5 off the same roll or...

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Drew87.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Upstate NY
United States
Member #140390
March 17, 2013
224 Posts
Posted: May 5, 2013, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

buying 4 or 5 assorted tickets?

Mansfield
    United States
    Member #141873
    April 26, 2013
    2 Posts
    Posted: May 13, 2013, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

I think this is a good question.I find myself asking this when i wanna play $30 or $40 worth of $10 tickets wether i should buy the same ticket

Luckytreasure's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
      Port Orange, Florida
      United States
      Member #133398
      September 28, 2012
      163 Posts
      Posted: May 13, 2013, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

I typically do the best buying 3 at a time. But I'm a chaser so if I buy 3 and then buy 3 more its very bad and I loose horribly. I Need to STOP chasing and recommend everyone else not chase as well it's easier said then done. so I recommend buying 3 at a time and if you win awesome if not run as fast as you can and maybe go back the next day. Scratch offs in my area go real quick so chances are the roll you played on will be gone within the day (in my area)

Illinois
        United States
        Member #141461
        April 14, 2013
        61 Posts
        Posted: May 24, 2013, 6:47 am - IP Logged

I play scratchers in streaks but when I do, I've found better luck pulling 3-4 from the same roll provides more winners than scattering them around on different games.

I remain, patiently optimistic

Northern California
          United States
          Member #141976
          April 29, 2013
          23 Posts
          Posted: June 4, 2013, 2:27 am - IP Logged

I think there is no definitive answer to this question.  I have seen threads where people will go to a scratcher machine and buy 1 of every ticket, spending almost $100 and they walk away with double that.  I have also just bought one ticket and won something significant (significant to me is more than $50).  But this isn't always how it works out. 

Personally, I find if I buy 3 or 4 of a single game I will at least get something back more than 50% of the time. 

I would pay more attention to where you are buying your tickets and what denominations.  I have won a lot at stores where there is a high turnover of customers and not a lot of time to linger around and scratch (chasing winners).  My favorite denomination of tickets are $2's and $5's.  For some reason $3 tickets just suck to me.  Only won $75 once at most and i've bought  a ton. $1's are a little too low for my taste and $10's a bit too high.  Then again if I had the money i'd probably buy more expensive scratchers.

In conclusion, the amount you buy is only part of the deal.  Focus on strategy in all areas of gambling