Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 3:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Texas Two Step in spreadsheet format

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 4 years ago by SergeM.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Krypton
United States
Member #140102
March 11, 2013
904 Posts
Posted: May 8, 2013, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

I want to build a Texas Two step sheet and put past numbers in the columns.  Can someone tell me wher I can download a copy that would be in lowest to highest left to right order?  I know i can go to the lotto site but it downloads in draw order.  If there is a way to sort them from there please fill me in

Thank you all!

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
    Whiskey Island
    United States
    Member #90216
    April 24, 2010
    12808 Posts
    Posted: May 8, 2013, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

I would rather use the Texas Two Step in drawn order with a Positional Analysis of Draws then Numerical Order . The right amount of game data to use last 30 to 50 draws . Their is a few more filters and analysis methods , I would use for some Jackpot Wins .

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
      Dallas, Texas
      United States
      Member #4549
      May 2, 2004
      1845 Posts
      Posted: May 9, 2013, 4:50 am - IP Logged

Simplest way is to use Excel. It can be done in any Basic, Qbasic, and QB64 with a bubble sort, but there is the exta step with a bonus ball. 

Open the Texas Lottery to the year you need. Right click and copy everything you want. You could "paste special" into Excel, BUT it would be better to paste it into notepad. 

Save the file.

Now open it in Excel. This way you can delete the columns you don't want by using the skip column feature. You get rid of VIEW DETAIL, and payout, and roll in one whammy.

When you click finish the file will open and the date will still be in the short form. Don't worry we'll fix that, but first, we're going to use the dates to get the oldest date to the newest.

To do that, we go to Sort (it's under DATA). Highlight all your columns A to whatever.

Click the Sort menu.

Choose to sort by the column that has your date and you'll be given the option to sort "oldest to newest."

Click sort and you're done. When the menu closes you have your January dates at the top and the December dates at the bottom. 

Now if you chose to use the date in the long form you can highlight the date colum and go to the HOME menu. Right in the center at the top there is a box that says 'general'. Open that menu and find Long date. Click that and your short date will become "Thursday, January, 12, 2010" or something similiar.

If you don't want the day, or want the month in numerical format save the Excel file in CSV format.

Now open it in Notepad and use the edit feature to replace/change those.

Takes longer to explain it than to do it.

I went ahead and uploaded the complete Excel file at Box.com here:

https://www.box.com/s/crmfuedfgwltuktwf0j3

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
        Economy class
        Belgium
        Member #123700
        February 27, 2012
        4035 Posts
        Posted: May 9, 2013, 7:33 am - IP Logged

Using Excel, you can import the drawings from the web. Other ways are slower and complicated.

The lottery site is giving you the choice for downloads, one option is numeric or draw order.

It is standard in Excel and the lottery site allows the data import from the web.

Try these for example:

http://txlottery.org/export/sites/lottery/Games/Texas_Two_Step/Winning_Numbers/index.html_1765913758.html

http://txlottery.org/export/sites/lottery/Games/Texas_Two_Step/Winning_Numbers/index.html_335995533.html

Krypton
          United States
          Member #140102
          March 11, 2013
          904 Posts
          Posted: May 9, 2013, 10:28 am - IP Logged

Thank you all for your suggestions.  I will evealuate all mentioned.  I am aware of downloading from TxLottery site.  I was thinking i needed to place them in my spreadsheet to determine even / odd and next probability I needed to place them lowest to highest?

Krypton
            United States
            Member #140102
            March 11, 2013
            904 Posts
            Posted: May 9, 2013, 10:41 am - IP Logged

Simplest way is to use Excel. It can be done in any Basic, Qbasic, and QB64 with a bubble sort, but there is the exta step with a bonus ball. 

Open the Texas Lottery to the year you need. Right click and copy everything you want. You could "paste special" into Excel, BUT it would be better to paste it into notepad. 

Save the file.

Now open it in Excel. This way you can delete the columns you don't want by using the skip column feature. You get rid of VIEW DETAIL, and payout, and roll in one whammy.

When you click finish the file will open and the date will still be in the short form. Don't worry we'll fix that, but first, we're going to use the dates to get the oldest date to the newest.

To do that, we go to Sort (it's under DATA). Highlight all your columns A to whatever.

Click the Sort menu.

Choose to sort by the column that has your date and you'll be given the option to sort "oldest to newest."

Click sort and you're done. When the menu closes you have your January dates at the top and the December dates at the bottom. 

Now if you chose to use the date in the long form you can highlight the date colum and go to the HOME menu. Right in the center at the top there is a box that says 'general'. Open that menu and find Long date. Click that and your short date will become "Thursday, January, 12, 2010" or something similiar.

If you don't want the day, or want the month in numerical format save the Excel file in CSV format.

Now open it in Notepad and use the edit feature to replace/change those.

Takes longer to explain it than to do it.

I went ahead and uploaded the complete Excel file at Box.com here:

https://www.box.com/s/crmfuedfgwltuktwf0j3

G

PERFECT!  Thank you!!

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
              Economy class
              Belgium
              Member #123700
              February 27, 2012
              4035 Posts
              Posted: May 9, 2013, 11:57 am - IP Logged

Thank you all for your suggestions.  I will evealuate all mentioned.  I am aware of downloading from TxLottery site.  I was thinking i needed to place them in my spreadsheet to determine even / odd and next probability I needed to place them lowest to highest?

Drawings <> Probability