Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 9:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I Will Sell Mm/Pb 5X Cost To The Chinese And Make Billions

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 4 years ago by d1nnl2.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
CHERRY HILL, NJ
United States
Member #130213
July 9, 2012
387 Posts
Posted: May 11, 2013, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

I hit upon this idea from an enterprising guy (or not so) years ago who went out to buy $500 in quick picks and tried to resell them $5 a piece. I am sure he did not sell the whole lot and am sure he did not win. 

But the idea is still valid. The MM/PB is still a commodity which can be resold at a premium, especially overseas. With the internet/email/paypal, arrangements could be made to accept prepayments and wagers confirmed by email.

The 1 year validity should allow for enough time for visa/travel arrangements to be made in case a bet from abroad wins. Just the prospect of travel to the US should be enough to lure people abroad to try this venture at least once. And the Chinese with its rising middle class and love for gambling makes this idea solid gold.

Does anybody want a piece of the action ? Any ideas, pro or con ?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19900 Posts
    Posted: May 11, 2013, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

You can already buy PB and MM tickets at more than twice their real prices using one of the butler services that already exist, the only thing different about your idea is that you plan on charge five times their real price.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

CHERRY HILL, NJ
      United States
      Member #130213
      July 9, 2012
      387 Posts
      Posted: May 11, 2013, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

You can already buy PB and MM tickets at more than twice their real prices using one of the butler services that already exist, the only thing different about your idea is that you plan on charge five times their real price.

This is a real business venture I am talking about. As far as I know, it is illegal to take online payments from here or abroad on US Lotteries. What butler services are you talking about ?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19900 Posts
        Posted: May 11, 2013, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

This is a real business venture I am talking about. As far as I know, it is illegal to take online payments from here or abroad on US Lotteries. What butler services are you talking about ?

There's one advertising at USAMega, and I've seen a couple advertising at LP in those google flash adds.  I'm sure more can be found using a google search.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

CHERRY HILL, NJ
          United States
          Member #130213
          July 9, 2012
          387 Posts
          Posted: May 11, 2013, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

There's one advertising at USAMega, and I've seen a couple advertising at LP in those google flash adds.  I'm sure more can be found using a google search.

Thats amazing. I guess people abroad can do it. But I am talking about the Chinese/Arabic/Vietnamese, non-English speaking markets. The UI should be in their native languages and most people do not have access to credit cards.

CHERRY HILL, NJ
            United States
            Member #130213
            July 9, 2012
            387 Posts
            Posted: May 11, 2013, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

Thats amazing. I guess people abroad can do it. But I am talking about the Chinese/Arabic/Vietnamese, non-English speaking markets. The UI should be in their native languages and most people do not have access to credit cards.

OMG ! The Lotter is using a Cypriot Bank. I would not wish to play with them.

AlwaysSunday's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
              Minnesota
              United States
              Member #140099
              March 11, 2013
              24 Posts
              Posted: May 11, 2013, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

This is just what we need.. People from overseas winning a lottery that's ment to be won by Americans and those living in the country. Just another idiot trying to make a quick buck at the expense of others.

I'm trying to buy happiness, and it's not working.

CHERRY HILL, NJ
                United States
                Member #130213
                July 9, 2012
                387 Posts
                Posted: May 11, 2013, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

This is just what we need.. People from overseas winning a lottery that's ment to be won by Americans and those living in the country. Just another idiot trying to make a quick buck at the expense of others.

Lotter is up since 2002. Foreign money is coming in to the treasury of MM/PB. If its illegal or unethical, people should say so. They sell scratch offs at JFK, foreigners buy them. The most famous case is when a Briton bought $100 NY scratch off and won. He got paid, why should the Chinese be denied ?