Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

So 26 to 30 years from now, where do you think current jackpot winners would be?

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 4 years ago by noise-gate.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #142489
May 13, 2013
45 Posts
Posted: May 13, 2013, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

So if we tracked down all the jackpot winners from the current days and found them all 26 to 30 years into the future...where do you think they would be financially?

Specifically, I'm interested in how people would fare since a vast majority of jackpot winners take the lump sum option versus the annuity option. Do you think they would have accumulated and spent enough money to beat the total annuity option? Or maybe the USA is in bankruptcy and cash is not nearly as useful as bullets/water/fuel/non-perishable food items?

It'd be a pretty cool exercise to do. Maybe I'll have to keep this in mind and I can do this as a retirement project and make a documentary/book about it.

United States
    Member #130815
    July 25, 2012
    1636 Posts
    Posted: May 13, 2013, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

So if we tracked down all the jackpot winners from the current days and found them all 26 to 30 years into the future...where do you think they would be financially?

Specifically, I'm interested in how people would fare since a vast majority of jackpot winners take the lump sum option versus the annuity option. Do you think they would have accumulated and spent enough money to beat the total annuity option? Or maybe the USA is in bankruptcy and cash is not nearly as useful as bullets/water/fuel/non-perishable food items?

It'd be a pretty cool exercise to do. Maybe I'll have to keep this in mind and I can do this as a retirement project and make a documentary/book about it.

Hmmm some will probaly be dead, some will be broke ,and some will still have their cash but hopefully they will all say they had a great time with no regrets....and I hope to be one of them and able to look back to the past and remembering when I won

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
      Mcminnville, Oregon
      United States
      Member #3013
      December 13, 2003
      3047 Posts
      Posted: May 13, 2013, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

I will be 67 so I hope bye then I have at least one jackpot from powerball or mega millions under my belt.  Hopefully enjoying the money I won.-weshar75

US Flag

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4107 Posts
        Posted: May 13, 2013, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

Hmmm some will probaly be dead, some will be broke ,and some will still have their cash but hopefully they will all say they had a great time with no regrets....and I hope to be one of them and able to look back to the past and remembering when I won

Depends at what age they won the Big One. If they were in their 60-70's and still alive,  they will have money to brag about,  if they won in their 20-30's ..its anyone's guess. My money is on them being broke, living with aged parents or worse yet- six ft under.
        For the most part it is a sad reality. ...unfortunately.