Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When you read of a JP winner in your State or City-do you ever think " is it finally me?"

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 4 years ago by schmuckatelly.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4102 Posts
Posted: May 13, 2013, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

Or do you brush it off with the thought " can't be me-l never win anything! "

* Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.
George Bernard Shaw.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4102 Posts
    Posted: May 14, 2013, 10:09 am - IP Logged

George Bernard Shaw.

Rather strange no one thinks on this topic or has an opinion one way or another.  l know l have from time to time, but then again that's just me.
    Hyper

United States
      Member #142489
      May 13, 2013
      45 Posts
      Posted: May 14, 2013, 10:25 am - IP Logged

I live in Kansas City, and I remember that the 587 million PB jackpot was sold in Missouri last year. My hopes are up a little but not by much.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
        Los Angeles, California
        United States
        Member #103813
        January 5, 2011
        1530 Posts
        Posted: May 14, 2013, 10:35 am - IP Logged

George Bernard Shaw.

No, I never think that, the situation never comes up.

I just don't understand how people can buy tickets and not check them. By the time a jackpot or large prize is annouced on the news, I'll have already checked my numbers on the website days earlier.

You always see those stories of big winners sticking their tickets in a drawer or glove compartment and forgetting about them, and only checking days/weeks/months later after they hear about a winner in their area or store from a relative or clerk, etc.

Maybe I need to adopt that No-Check "Winning Strategy" of buying tickets, and then I'll win! Bang Head

United States
          Member #142489
          May 13, 2013
          45 Posts
          Posted: May 14, 2013, 10:39 am - IP Logged

I just don't understand how people can buy tickets and not check them. By the time a jackpot or large prize is annouced on the news, I'll have already checked my numbers on the website days earlier.

You always see those stories of big winners sticking their tickets in a drawer or glove compartment and forgetting about them, and only checking days/weeks/months later after they hear about a winner in their area or store from a relative or clerk, etc.

Maybe I need to adopt that No-Check "Winning Strategy" of buying tickets, and then I'll win! Bang Head

Ha, yeah.

I remember the dude that only had like $20 in his checking account when he won the 250 million powerball in Marshal, Missouri and he was walking to the gas station where he bought the ticket just holding it up and asking the workers there if that was the winning jackpot ticket. Wow really...it's a piece of paper that's worth 200 million.....and he was walking around showing it off.

Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4102 Posts
            Posted: May 14, 2013, 11:59 am - IP Logged

Well lm the direct opposite,  l have been playing for years and never check my tickets the same or next day, infact l could go for a good two weeks before l check them. But like I said,  maybe its just me.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
              u$a
              United States
              Member #106665
              February 22, 2011
              19727 Posts
              Posted: May 14, 2013, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

No Nod

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: May 14, 2013, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

George Bernard Shaw.

North Carolina hasnt had that fortunate problem in two years...The most we could hope for was 2 million....but Im hope that will change with me being the next jackpot winner in my state

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                  Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #82391
                  November 12, 2009
                  6290 Posts
                  Posted: May 14, 2013, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

I usually check my tickets first thing in the morining after my moring prayerBlue Angel. So I would know quit early if I was holding the winning ticket. Now hubby that's a different story he puts the tickets in his Bible and forgets  then i'm like did you check your tickets Bash.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                    United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3850 Posts
                    Posted: May 14, 2013, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

I think I'd know I was a winner before I had a chance to read about it.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                      u$a
                      United States
                      Member #106665
                      February 22, 2011
                      19727 Posts
                      Posted: May 15, 2013, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

I think I'd know I was a winner before I had a chance to read about it.

I Agree!

Let it Snow Snowman

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
                        Jacksonville, Florida
                        United States
                        Member #140364
                        March 17, 2013
                        195 Posts
                        Posted: May 15, 2013, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

First thing I do is check the numbers with the winning powerball, then I go from there.