Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

So if you win big do you see yourself not flying commercial anymore?? Or not??

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 4 years ago by JoshUK.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: May 14, 2013, 9:18 am - IP Logged

I hate how airlines operate now...so unless Im just flying from A to B and buying stuff or whatever when I get there, it will only be NetJets for me...or whatever service you can buy time in a jet...Im sick of trying to figure out how much liquid to carry if i got a toothpick in my carry on or whatever...How bout you you gonna still fly with the wacky folks and rules??

United States
    Member #142489
    May 13, 2013
    45 Posts
    Posted: May 14, 2013, 9:23 am - IP Logged

Yup, I'll just be going in first class. I've been on planes frequent enough to know the drill and it's not that huge of a deal for me. I would not be able to justify the cost in private jets. Also commercial airliners are safer as well.

A380 first class

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: May 14, 2013, 9:29 am - IP Logged

Yup, I'll just be going in first class. I've been on planes frequent enough to know the drill and it's not that huge of a deal for me. I would not be able to justify the cost in private jets. Also commercial airliners are safer as well.

A380 first class

Now im not talking safety..And Im not saying buying a jet Im saying buy time in a jet...you can fly when and where you want, take what you want, bring however many people you want ( as long as the capacity allows it) no security checkpoints, take off on your command etc. etc. etc. Im just sick of the general public, delays, checkpoints, crying bratty kids, people who are drunk and or wont obey the rules on the plane, etc. etc. etc. etc.....

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: May 14, 2013, 9:45 am - IP Logged

Now im not talking safety..And Im not saying buying a jet Im saying buy time in a jet...you can fly when and where you want, take what you want, bring however many people you want ( as long as the capacity allows it) no security checkpoints, take off on your command etc. etc. etc. Im just sick of the general public, delays, checkpoints, crying bratty kids, people who are drunk and or wont obey the rules on the plane, etc. etc. etc. etc.....

I Agree! Flying is NOT fun anymore, thanks to government controlled security.

United States
          Member #142489
          May 13, 2013
          45 Posts
          Posted: May 14, 2013, 9:53 am - IP Logged

Yeah, I was talking about renting as well. Buying jet is out of the budget of a lowly jackpot lotto winner definitely. But I still would do commercial for the safety and also you could meet some interesting people on the plane. Even if I'm a huge rich person I want to blend in like everyone else and still make friends and talk and help out people if I can. I guess the rich lifestyle is not for me! :D

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: May 14, 2013, 11:20 am - IP Logged

Yeah, I was talking about renting as well. Buying jet is out of the budget of a lowly jackpot lotto winner definitely. But I still would do commercial for the safety and also you could meet some interesting people on the plane. Even if I'm a huge rich person I want to blend in like everyone else and still make friends and talk and help out people if I can. I guess the rich lifestyle is not for me! :D

Mid sized jets are only $3400. per hour with Bluestar.

http://www2.bluestarjets.com/quote/default.asp?c=27&k=international%20flights

United States
              Member #142489
              May 13, 2013
              45 Posts
              Posted: May 14, 2013, 11:25 am - IP Logged

Mid sized jets are only $3400. per hour with Bluestar.

http://www2.bluestarjets.com/quote/default.asp?c=27&k=international%20flights

Dang, 3400/hour. Well if you really want to splurge your lady for a nice weekend out then go for it! Definitely something to splurge on if that's your thing. For 3400 that's definitely first class seats anywhere in the USA plus a nice rental sports car for the weekend as well.

For international travel I'd definitely do first class as well. Not sure if/how much you can do a private jet overseas. That'd be crazy expensive.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4107 Posts
                Posted: May 14, 2013, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

I hate how airlines operate now...so unless Im just flying from A to B and buying stuff or whatever when I get there, it will only be NetJets for me...or whatever service you can buy time in a jet...Im sick of trying to figure out how much liquid to carry if i got a toothpick in my carry on or whatever...How bout you you gonna still fly with the wacky folks and rules??

Who said l fly commercial?

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                  Indiana
                  United States
                  Member #129225
                  June 13, 2012
                  546 Posts
                  Posted: May 14, 2013, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I would still fly commercial especially on international flights!

London
                    United Kingdom
                    Member #140684
                    March 24, 2013
                    566 Posts
                    Posted: May 14, 2013, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

A flight is a flight really, maybe just upgrade to extra leg room but that's about it.

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2