Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

So, who are you going to share your wealth with?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 4 years ago by gogidolim.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Kordman916's avatar - 4eyes

United States
Member #142519
May 14, 2013
23 Posts
Posted: May 14, 2013, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

Everyone here knows that once you win the lottery people will be coming from every angle to get some of your money. Family, friends, acquaintances, charities... Etc

The question is who is actually going to see some of your money how much and why?

Me personally, I would slide 2 million towards my dad. I wouldn't give my mom much money at all because of her drinking problem but I'd make sure she was comfortable. Each of my 3 sisters would see about 3 million apiece also. Leaving the rest to me and my girlfriend.

When it comes to cousins and other distant family members... Forget them. I've never been close to them and they don't do anything for me so why should I help them? 

I encourage you to get into detail with exactly how much you would give them rather than "A few million"

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4106 Posts
    Posted: May 14, 2013, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

So let me get this right: Your GF stands to get more than your Dad & Siblings?
    Thud

Kordman916's avatar - 4eyes

United States
      Member #142519
      May 14, 2013
      23 Posts
      Posted: May 14, 2013, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

I never said that at all. I wouldn't put a dime in her account but she would be able to get what she wants.

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: May 14, 2013, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

Everyone here knows that once you win the lottery people will be coming from every angle to get some of your money. Family, friends, acquaintances, charities... Etc

The question is who is actually going to see some of your money how much and why?

Me personally, I would slide 2 million towards my dad. I wouldn't give my mom much money at all because of her drinking problem but I'd make sure she was comfortable. Each of my 3 sisters would see about 3 million apiece also. Leaving the rest to me and my girlfriend.

When it comes to cousins and other distant family members... Forget them. I've never been close to them and they don't do anything for me so why should I help them? 

I encourage you to get into detail with exactly how much you would give them rather than "A few million"

Anything over 100 million a.c.v (actual cash value) Im splitting with my brother and two sisters....that way the cousins friends etc have three other people to go after for cash LOL....now I have another brother but he has a drug problem so I don't want a personal Dave Edwards situation on my hands so he like your mom will also get nothing....i might pay for rehab, maybe give his ex-wife and the twenty plus year old nephew I've met only once a little cash

United States
          Member #124814
          March 20, 2012
          219 Posts
          Posted: May 14, 2013, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

It depends on the amount. Let's take the Powerball for example. Right now it would be around 137 million(cash option), after taxes.

I would give my mother a cool 8 million, and give 4 million to each of my 4 siblings. We are all close to one cousin in particular, so I'd give her family like 1.5 million. That is pretty much it. If anybody else in the family found out(like those cousins you barely see), well, I plan on having a business so the most I would give them is a job. Maybe franchise a McDonald's somewhere the hell away from me and give them some work.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4786 Posts
            Posted: May 14, 2013, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

I will share with all the homeless kitties in the world.

And we would go to sea in a beautiful pea green boat, take some honey, and plenty of money, wrapped in a five pound note.

J'aime La France.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4106 Posts
              Posted: May 14, 2013, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

I never said that at all. I wouldn't put a dime in her account but she would be able to get what she wants.

You mean you never meant to imply that,but you did have a " fullstop" after each point, ending with " The rest is for me and the gf..."
              So l am only going off what you presenting Kord. But it's all good dude.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: May 14, 2013, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

Prolly a few million for fambly memmers.

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
                  Republic of Texas
                  United States
                  Member #57557
                  January 9, 2008
                  1095 Posts
                  Posted: May 14, 2013, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

I ain't tellin until it's done. If I say now, I might change my mind later and with my luck, they'd trace me here, see my post and sue me for what I didn't give them.

Skeptical

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

Inland Empire
                    United States
                    Member #118116
                    October 22, 2011
                    316 Posts
                    Posted: May 14, 2013, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

3% for my parents and 1% for each of my two sisters. 

I will spend 1% of the winning to buy a modest townhome and furnish it. Then SPEND THE REST OF THEM TO BUY LARGE SCALE INCOME PROPERTIES.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                      Mcminnville, Oregon
                      United States
                      Member #3013
                      December 13, 2003
                      3047 Posts
                      Posted: May 14, 2013, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

I am splitting the jackpot 50/50 with my mother so I will let the leaches feed on my mother since she is 62 and doesn't need money as much as I do since I want to live some more years then her.  But I don't want to help any more people then I have too because the jackpot is all mine.  Lots of alcohol and booty calls to be doing off my winnings in moderation of course.  Good luck to me tonight and tomorrow night.-weshar75

US Flag

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
                        Jacksonville, Florida
                        United States
                        Member #140364
                        March 17, 2013
                        195 Posts
                        Posted: May 15, 2013, 10:00 am - IP Logged

10% to God, then if I was the only winner and got the cash option 171 million after taxes I would give 1-2 million each to parents and in-laws. 1 million to each household of Aunt's and Uncles, and $500k to each cousin. This would only be to 1st Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins. This would also apply to my wife's side of the family if she chooses to do so.  So looking about 15 million to family members

If there are multiple winners I would have to recalculate those numbers.

NY
                          United States
                          Member #23835
                          October 16, 2005
                          3474 Posts
                          Posted: May 15, 2013, 10:32 am - IP Logged

Should I assume that most of you who would give large amounts to parents have never even heard of estate taxes?

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                            Oklahoma
                            United States
                            Member #82391
                            November 12, 2009
                            6290 Posts
                            Posted: May 15, 2013, 10:50 am - IP Logged

10% to my tithe and offering, then I would make sure that my sisters and brother are taking care of I have a few aunts that I would take care as well.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
                              Member #142489
                              May 13, 2013
                              45 Posts
                              Posted: May 15, 2013, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

I personally wouldn't just hand money out to people, because in my opinion that's not the best way to utilize money as a helpful resource.

What I would do immediately: pay off my student loans, pay off my mom's houses, pay off my girlfriend's car.

Then what I would do is tell my family and friends that anything they need funding for will be totally covered if it is for education, self-improvement or life long learning. So here's what I would pay for:

College tuition and courses, community continuing education, all expense paid trip to bookstores life-long (no toys, just books), Rosetta Stone if they want to learn new language, things like that.

I will obviously splurge and give them awesome gifts (maybe a Nissan GT-R for a very good friend of mine, awesome computers, more cars for other people, etc. etc.)

I will also donate to charities and public organizations: NPR, PBS, C-SPAN, Doctors Without Borders, Red Cross, Amnesty International, etc.

I will most likely not just give money to people I know. I will however pay for anything that will improve themselves or improve society: ie pay for trips overseas for studying abroad or helping out in other ways.