Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 5:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What about overseas/foreign travel...Will you do alot? Or not??

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 4 years ago by OldSchoolPa.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: May 15, 2013, 11:35 am - IP Logged

With all the terror attacks around the world people being taken hostage and killed...If you win do you see yourself doing alot of traveling to foreign countries?? I'd like to go to bora Bora, Italy, Spain even ....if I won but I'd be a little wary to be in a foreign country and some horrible happened....not just to me or anyone near me but just happened in general....but what about you?? You gonna do a lot of foreign travel if you win??

United States
    Member #142489
    May 13, 2013
    45 Posts
    Posted: May 15, 2013, 11:56 am - IP Logged

I love traveling so yes. Obviously don't be an idiot and go hiking in Afghanistan or Iraq or Syria or Iran or Myanmar or Colombia or Tijuana or North Korea or Zimbabwe or something like that.

My wish list for travel:

All 50 USA States, Australia, New Zealand, all those awesome pacific island resorts, Galapgos Islands, all of Europe, Russia, China, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, etc. etc.

This is the beach villa room at the Hayman Island Resort. Off the coast of Australia. $3000/night. :D

Hayman Island Resort

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: May 15, 2013, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

Yep.

Mid-East, Asia Minor and Europe.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
        Lavender Rocket

United States
        Member #124616
        March 16, 2012
        2642 Posts
        Posted: May 15, 2013, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

I would travel ALOT... but I would start with South America... then cruising... then Iceland... then cruising...  and after 5 years or so... I would travel more.

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: May 15, 2013, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

I would travel ALOT... but I would start with South America... then cruising... then Iceland... then cruising...  and after 5 years or so... I would travel more.

Dont they love kidnapping down there....or is that Mexico??

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            41804 Posts
            Posted: May 15, 2013, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

With all the terror attacks around the world people being taken hostage and killed...If you win do you see yourself doing alot of traveling to foreign countries?? I'd like to go to bora Bora, Italy, Spain even ....if I won but I'd be a little wary to be in a foreign country and some horrible happened....not just to me or anyone near me but just happened in general....but what about you?? You gonna do a lot of foreign travel if you win??

Terror attacks happen right here at home,

HyperBe Happy.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
              Oklahoma
              United States
              Member #82391
              November 12, 2009
              6290 Posts
              Posted: May 15, 2013, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

Heck yeah I would travel Italy, France here I come. Shoping is my middle nameWink

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
                Member #125918
                March 31, 2012
                362 Posts
                Posted: May 15, 2013, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Well i would hire a private jet to fly me around and have body guards.. I would not go to places where there is muslim sharia law is in places and etc!

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                  Member #52345
                  May 21, 2007
                  2678 Posts
                  Posted: May 16, 2013, 8:16 am - IP Logged

Twitch thars a few and many places I'd like to visit if I got that lucky including some of the many previously mentioned places

but till north korea finishes throwing thar widdle hissyfit it'd be wise to stay the blooming heck away from korea

as for mexico ... been thar done that and never again

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                    Gurnee, Illinois
                    United States
                    Member #49731
                    February 12, 2007
                    919 Posts
                    Posted: May 16, 2013, 9:42 am - IP Logged

When I win, I will only visit the US to see family. No way would I be sitting in a house in US! My address would be name the airline first class seat and hotel/apartment in name your non-US country. So even if I were to win the jackpot this week, I would still do the interview with following caveats:

1) I would appear in a disguise for the press conference.

2) I would ask that only my first name be used in the televised press release. I could care less that my full name will appear on lottery website since I will be away and traveling the week after winning. I would hire moving company to pack up and move my stuff to climate controlled storage and pay that up for 2 years SOS my stuff don't end up on Auction Hunters or Storage Wars (I can say if that were to happen, my lockers would go for big money.). My first destination after all of my affairs were in order would be Washington D.C. to obtain all of the entry visas I would need.  Brazil, Congo, Botswana, Cape Verde, China, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Kenya, Côte d'Ivoire, Gabon, DRC, Uganda, Seychelles, Madagascar, Vietnam, South Africa, Senegal, Tanzania, Namibia, Zambia, Malawi, Thailand, Colombia, Belgium, France, Germany, Republic of Georgia, Jamaica, Haiti, Panama, India, and Costa Rica would be some of the countries I would visit within first year of winning! And my only travel companion would be my brother! No mooching friends and relatives.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!