Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

i beg to wonder if these 28 winners picked own numbers?

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 4 years ago by msharkey2001.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #125918
March 31, 2012
362 Posts
Posted: May 16, 2013, 2:50 am - IP Logged

Even though nobody won the jackpot Wednesday, 28 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $1,000,000 prize: 1 from Arkansas, 6 from California, 1 from Connecticut, 1 from Delaware, 2 from Georgia, 1 from Indiana, 1 from Kentucky, 2 from Massachusetts, 1 from Michigan, 1 from Missouri, 1 from Nebraska, 1 from New Jersey, 3 from New York, 1 from North Carolina, 2 from Ohio, 1 from Pennsylvania, 1 from South Dakota, and 1 from Virginia.

los angeles
    United States
    Member #142603
    May 16, 2013
    2 Posts
    Posted: May 16, 2013, 3:36 am - IP Logged

Even though nobody won the jackpot Wednesday, 28 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $1,000,000 prize: 1 from Arkansas, 6 from California, 1 from Connecticut, 1 from Delaware, 2 from Georgia, 1 from Indiana, 1 from Kentucky, 2 from Massachusetts, 1 from Michigan, 1 from Missouri, 1 from Nebraska, 1 from New Jersey, 3 from New York, 1 from North Carolina, 2 from Ohio, 1 from Pennsylvania, 1 from South Dakota, and 1 from Virginia.

what if you matched 2 plus mega??

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19964 Posts
      Posted: May 16, 2013, 3:42 am - IP Logged

2/5 + MB$10

2/5 + PB$7

Let it Snow Snowman

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
        Gurnee, Illinois
        United States
        Member #49731
        February 12, 2007
        919 Posts
        Posted: May 16, 2013, 8:00 am - IP Logged

In the grand scheme of things, I I have to ask if it really matters if a person picked own numbers or what the amount of the jackpot is. To hear some people talk about the latter, one would think $25 million is not enough for those everyday working stiffs to bother playing the lottery on an every draw basis. Sure, I understand about budgets and all, but many people who say they only play when the jackpot exceeds a certain level perhaps smoke cigarettes, drink beer, and buy a daily latte from Starbucks. I think I would rather spend an extra $6 per week on lottery than on any of those 3 expenditures that only leave you unhealthy and fat. Yes, I am not one for political correctness.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          6305 Posts
          Posted: May 16, 2013, 9:40 am - IP Logged

Welcome to the LP mis42nut1Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3501 Posts
            Posted: May 16, 2013, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

If 70 to 80% of tickets sold are QP's we should expect that 20 to 22 would have been QP's just based on that. We know for certain that that none of the 28 picked their own numbers while only using birthday numbers, multiples of 5, or any of the common patterns and sequences.

I'd guess that no more than 5 of them picked their own numbers. If anybody wants to do some research, many of the state websites have that info. The 3 NY winners were all QP's.

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7344 Posts
              Posted: May 16, 2013, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

If 70 to 80% of tickets sold are QP's we should expect that 20 to 22 would have been QP's just based on that. We know for certain that that none of the 28 picked their own numbers while only using birthday numbers, multiples of 5, or any of the common patterns and sequences.

I'd guess that no more than 5 of them picked their own numbers. If anybody wants to do some research, many of the state websites have that info. The 3 NY winners were all QP's.

The ticket sales almost doubled from the previous drawing so unless all the self pick players doubled the amount of their picks, the percentage of QPs is probably closer to 90% or higher.

"We know for certain that that none of the 28 picked their own numbers while only using birthday numbers, multiples of 5, or any of the common patterns and sequences."

Because there are 59 numbers, the players using birthday and anniversary dates have the option to use the year of birth or their age, so any set of numbers could be self pick date or age numbers, but I still agree with your figures.

msharkey2001's avatar - Trek startrek.gif
                New Hampshire
                United States
                Member #136492
                December 12, 2012
                326 Posts
                Posted: May 16, 2013, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

In the grand scheme of things, I I have to ask if it really matters if a person picked own numbers or what the amount of the jackpot is. To hear some people talk about the latter, one would think $25 million is not enough for those everyday working stiffs to bother playing the lottery on an every draw basis. Sure, I understand about budgets and all, but many people who say they only play when the jackpot exceeds a certain level perhaps smoke cigarettes, drink beer, and buy a daily latte from Starbucks. I think I would rather spend an extra $6 per week on lottery than on any of those 3 expenditures that only leave you unhealthy and fat. Yes, I am not one for political correctness.

I Agree!