Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should we test kids in number picking ?

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Tami333.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
CHERRY HILL, NJ
United States
Member #130213
July 9, 2012
387 Posts
Posted: May 16, 2013, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

Being a regular in the lotto counter, I have seen the same people claiming Pick3/Pick4 winners regularly it makes me believe they were born natural number pickers. Is there value in testing kids to pick midday results and compare them to actual results ? Is number picking a skill or the 6th sense ?

Toronto
    Canada
    Member #138397
    January 26, 2013
    179 Posts
    Posted: May 16, 2013, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

You see the same people because they're the ones who play a lot regularly, not because they're "natural number pickers" lol....

They're the ones that lose more money than anyone else...

CHERRY HILL, NJ
      United States
      Member #130213
      July 9, 2012
      387 Posts
      Posted: May 16, 2013, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

You see the same people because they're the ones who play a lot regularly, not because they're "natural number pickers" lol....

I swear, if waiters live off tips. The guys from our lotto counter do the same. The people I see winning are <snip>s and more. So makes me think, they have this special talent or am getting their numbers somewhere.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

CHERRY HILL, NJ
        United States
        Member #130213
        July 9, 2012
        387 Posts
        Posted: May 16, 2013, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

Being a regular in the lotto counter, I have seen the same people claiming Pick3/Pick4 winners regularly it makes me believe they were born natural number pickers. Is there value in testing kids to pick midday results and compare them to actual results ? Is number picking a skill or the 6th sense ?

My other idea is to make number picking a family affair for lotto lovers. Ask family members to make picks, save them and compare later. The one with the  best results gets a token prize or a special title.

Toronto
          Canada
          Member #138397
          January 26, 2013
          179 Posts
          Posted: May 16, 2013, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

I swear, if waiters live off tips. The guys from our lotto counter do the same. The people I see winning are <snip>s and more. So makes me think, they have this special talent or am getting their numbers somewhere.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Why don't you try to befriend a few of them, and ask for their secret? Seems like a better idea, and seems more friendly to talk to people you see often 

rather than ignore each other all the time

Denmother1's avatar - batman38
            Suffolk, VA
            United States
            Member #106648
            February 22, 2011
            781 Posts
            Posted: May 16, 2013, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

...or win more money than anyone else!  Hyper

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing that a tomato does not go in a fruit salad."  Hat

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
              Connecticut
              United States
              Member #61623
              May 29, 2008
              20581 Posts
              Posted: May 16, 2013, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

it can't do any worse than a quick pick..

In fact I will be having my 7 year old pick 5 lines tomorrow for saturdays PB draw.It can't hurt or be any worse luck than I already have  lol

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

luckyshoes's avatar - butterfly neg.jpg
                Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #79502
                September 2, 2009
                6395 Posts
                Posted: May 16, 2013, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

Well, I ve gotten some great wins off  the talent of my 2 sons Sun Smiley

Surely the most important news of any day ...

is that the sun has risen one more time. Sun Smiley

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: May 17, 2013, 1:04 am - IP Logged

Kids can have amazing beginner's luck.

But like most beginner's luck, it's a one-time opportunity.

PipSqueek's avatar - winter
                    Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #140280
                    March 15, 2013
                    179 Posts
                    Posted: May 17, 2013, 8:12 am - IP Logged

We have some sixth sense ability here but it's more random. Not something you would necessarily benefit financially from although it can help in decision making where we get a good feeling or bad feeling about something.

My kids have known what I was thinking before said the word that was in my head at that time. But to be able to predict what I'd be thinking 5 minutes to an hour from now is a different story. The other thing that blew me away was my kids already had info in their heads that was not taught to them like they came preprogrammed. I was in the car once with my 4-5 yr old and he started counting high and doing some difficult math. I about jerked out of my seat and asked how he knew that and he said it's all in my head mommy, well from what I hear some kids have this type of ability. New generatios what can you say?

these kids on tv reading little ones? I don't think it's any magic program I think it's the kids. Things are changing. We are evolving.

I often get a blip of a person right before I see them or hear from them.

I get blips of events that are going to happen and then they do.

Sometimes not clear though.

So to be able to see a number before it happens. Well all I can say about that is for us it's not that precise.

The messages or info just comes we don't choose what info we get.

Maybe there are some that would have a knack for numbers.

From what I've read the human race is evolving and these types of skills along with it.

So it would make sense that there are some older ones that are better seers and maybe new generations emerging. 

If I'm divulging huge secrets and am ready to be carried off by men in black suits uh oh!

sorry about that it's just for me it's not the total answer.

When you think about it if there is a point in the future where eveybody has these abilities or many they won't be able to run a lottery anymore. Unless they can find a way to keep it behind some kind of magic walls that people can't see through. : )

Oh yeah and there is a very negative dark side to all of this that I don't particularly like and that is that objects come up missing quite a bit. Just random items -it's like they just go into another dimension.

Sometimes they reappear in plain sight and other times they stay lost for quite a while.

It must be some strange magnetic field created by all of this. If you would let it it would make you think you were going crazy or you would be convinced people were stealing from you. I decided to not do either and considered the fact that the rule we've learned of object permanence and by that I mean that objects are solid and will stay in place wherever you put them could be a very false assumption. Shortly after a friend suggested I read about theoretical physics. Totally fascinating by the way.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                      Economy class
                      Belgium
                      Member #123700
                      February 27, 2012
                      4035 Posts
                      Posted: May 17, 2013, 9:29 am - IP Logged

Some parents have luck in the name of their children. The 6th sense often masks hidden rational thinking. Mathematically averaged you can't win, so math says, don't play.

Tami333's avatar - winifrid
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #139344
                        February 20, 2013
                        1141 Posts
                        Posted: May 18, 2013, 10:57 am - IP Logged

Wanted to share my story, sorry it's a little detailed.  Every couple of weeks I spend a Saturday with my 5-yr old Godson.

He is so smart it's unbelieveable!  (I know most would say that about their children & relatives)

A few months ago my sister & I were messing around asking him for some 3-digit numbers becuase I play the 3-digit.

Didn't think anything of it and 2 days later, the two sets came in 2 evenings in a row.  Argh! If I would have played them.

So for fun the next Sat., I got some new numbers from him.  He gives them as 4-digits, which I don't play. 

Said he had a dream about 1113.  I dropped a (1) and played 113.  It came in 3 days later on 2/12 (Michigan).  That Friday 5113 arrived.

The next month I stayed over he only gave one set 123 (So we laughed becuase he obviously is just repeating numbers in school or someting)

Oh MY Gosh.....the following Friday I hit 123!  (Just luck we thought)

We had to be "Careful" and not discuss the money or winnings becuase he remembers everything you say and we didn't want him telling anyone "I give my Aunt numbers and she wins big money"...that's so wrong we felt.  We never talk about the "money" part.

So sorry, I could go on & on, but will just end with that.

I'm going to play some number he gave me last night.

(601-he has been fixed on this one, 792 (new) and 123 again).  7092 & 7082 (I'll have to break it down)   

He then speed talks and rattled off thirty-eighty-ninety and a thousand.  I have no idea what to make of that.

For this week, we'll see if any of those show up (Michigan 3-digit) 

I always play his birthday, my sister & brother-in-law.  So I am waiting on 910, 622 & 713 as well.

Thank you for reading!  (Sorry it's so long)Blue Angel

Good luck everyone on the Poweball tonight!!!!!

luckyshoes's avatar - butterfly neg.jpg
                          Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #79502
                          September 2, 2009
                          6395 Posts
                          Posted: May 18, 2013, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

Wanted to share my story, sorry it's a little detailed.  Every couple of weeks I spend a Saturday with my 5-yr old Godson.

He is so smart it's unbelieveable!  (I know most would say that about their children & relatives)

A few months ago my sister & I were messing around asking him for some 3-digit numbers becuase I play the 3-digit.

Didn't think anything of it and 2 days later, the two sets came in 2 evenings in a row.  Argh! If I would have played them.

So for fun the next Sat., I got some new numbers from him.  He gives them as 4-digits, which I don't play. 

Said he had a dream about 1113.  I dropped a (1) and played 113.  It came in 3 days later on 2/12 (Michigan).  That Friday 5113 arrived.

The next month I stayed over he only gave one set 123 (So we laughed becuase he obviously is just repeating numbers in school or someting)

Oh MY Gosh.....the following Friday I hit 123!  (Just luck we thought)

We had to be "Careful" and not discuss the money or winnings becuase he remembers everything you say and we didn't want him telling anyone "I give my Aunt numbers and she wins big money"...that's so wrong we felt.  We never talk about the "money" part.

So sorry, I could go on & on, but will just end with that.

I'm going to play some number he gave me last night.

(601-he has been fixed on this one, 792 (new) and 123 again).  7092 & 7082 (I'll have to break it down)   

He then speed talks and rattled off thirty-eighty-ninety and a thousand.  I have no idea what to make of that.

For this week, we'll see if any of those show up (Michigan 3-digit) 

I always play his birthday, my sister & brother-in-law.  So I am waiting on 910, 622 & 713 as well.

Thank you for reading!  (Sorry it's so long)Blue Angel

Good luck everyone on the Poweball tonight!!!!!

Sounds similiar to when my sons were small.  Hidden rational thinking?  Not everyone.  I  averted danger on my sons words more than once. High sat scores ivy league schools  track scholarship/ law school/childrens charities. Oh and hes psychic. Shine on.

Surely the most important news of any day ...

is that the sun has risen one more time. Sun Smiley

United States
                            Member #124814
                            March 20, 2012
                            219 Posts
                            Posted: May 18, 2013, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

I don't want them growing up thinking they have a claim in my fortune just because they picked the winning numbers. LOL

Tami333's avatar - winifrid
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #139344
                              February 20, 2013
                              1141 Posts
                              Posted: May 19, 2013, 9:55 am - IP Logged

Kids can have amazing beginner's luck.

But like most beginner's luck, it's a one-time opportunity.

Rdgrnr, You are correct!  Smiley That luck only lasted for 2 months.

But I'm going to try it again this week.

CT(190), MN(109) & PA(109) got his birthday#910 yesterday.  (Nothing for me-MI)

VA got 2079  (7-0-9-2)

I might stick with his 601 & 123 for 7 days.