Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

pball and lottery games

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #87423
February 24, 2010
93 Posts
Posted: May 19, 2013, 10:38 am - IP Logged

the people who really need dont win this monetary system is no good for those who need it

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: May 19, 2013, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

the people who really need dont win this monetary system is no good for those who need it

I'm so glad you brought this up and not me. lol

It's nice to dream and spend a few bucks once in a while, but you'd be surprised how many people I personally know, and others I don't know who really believe they will win the JP in their lifetime. Just by the way they try to console themselves when they don't win is frightening to me. If someone is eagerly waiting by the sidelines hoping that their only escape from the rat race is to win big, then they're only setting themselves up for disappointment considering 99.9% of all people who play won't ever win the JP.

Not trying to be negative, but being realistic. If someone does have a really good system and has the huge bankroll, and patience, it is possible to hit, but the majority who don't have a few hundred bucks a week to cover the high odds consistently, will be an extremely small percentage that even come close, and out of that 0.1% who do come close, MAY hit the JP.

Considering that I know so many people who believe, imagine how many more there are out there unaccounted. It's just impossible for hundreds of thousands, If not many more, to believe they will win, and actually winning the JP. They all say they know for sure, but they all can't win, it's just not possible.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
      Massachusetts
      United States
      Member #37433
      April 14, 2006
      2747 Posts
      Posted: May 19, 2013, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

The city I live in has over 50,000 people and nobody here has even won the second prize in Powerball or Mega Millions. It is this kind of knowledge that reminds me to calm down when I "feel lucky."

That money's gone fo ever

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
        Dallas, Texas
        United States
        Member #4549
        May 2, 2004
        1736 Posts
        Posted: May 19, 2013, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

Whoever said, "Winning is not everything, it's the only thing," never played the lottery.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
          u$a
          United States
          Member #106665
          February 22, 2011
          19894 Posts
          Posted: May 19, 2013, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

I'm so glad you brought this up and not me. lol

It's nice to dream and spend a few bucks once in a while, but you'd be surprised how many people I personally know, and others I don't know who really believe they will win the JP in their lifetime. Just by the way they try to console themselves when they don't win is frightening to me. If someone is eagerly waiting by the sidelines hoping that their only escape from the rat race is to win big, then they're only setting themselves up for disappointment considering 99.9% of all people who play won't ever win the JP.

Not trying to be negative, but being realistic. If someone does have a really good system and has the huge bankroll, and patience, it is possible to hit, but the majority who don't have a few hundred bucks a week to cover the high odds consistently, will be an extremely small percentage that even come close, and out of that 0.1% who do come close, MAY hit the JP.

Considering that I know so many people who believe, imagine how many more there are out there unaccounted. It's just impossible for hundreds of thousands, If not many more, to believe they will win, and actually winning the JP. They all say they know for sure, but they all can't win, it's just not possible.

Yawn

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
            Member #128790
            June 2, 2012
            5431 Posts
            Posted: May 19, 2013, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

Yawn

You do that pretty well. Naughty

United States
              Member #128790
              June 2, 2012
              5431 Posts
              Posted: May 19, 2013, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

No, you didn't get the joke. Green laugh

Banana

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10354 Posts
                Posted: May 20, 2013, 1:54 am - IP Logged

Whoever said, "Winning is not everything, it's the only thing," never played the lottery.

Vince Lombardi

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.