Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

My playing style has changed with a smaller budget

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 4 years ago by noise-gate.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
Columbus, Ohio
United States
Member #128906
June 5, 2012
591 Posts
Posted: May 19, 2013, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

For the past year, I was spending $30 a wk playing just MM and PB.  I was doing 1 draw with my own numbers for MM/PB and an extra 10 MM qp's weekly.  While I've hit 3 white MM numbers several times, I've come to realize all it takes is just 1 ticket to win.  It doesn't matter how many tickets you buy, that does not increase your chances of winning.  Now, I just do 1 MM and PB ticket with my own numbers weekly.  I've reduced my budget from $30 a wk to just $10 a wk... I'm much happier=)

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
    Massachusetts
    United States
    Member #37433
    April 14, 2006
    2747 Posts
    Posted: May 19, 2013, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

The predictions board is there for a reason. To safely remind you that the lottery is very very hard to win.

That money's gone fo ever

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
      Dallas, Texas
      United States
      Member #4549
      May 2, 2004
      1658 Posts
      Posted: May 19, 2013, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

Never surprises to hear that someone has changed the way they play. Most of us have changed several times the longer we hang in and the more we research. And many of us will change again as we learn something new.

I grabbed a couple of QPS on the way home last night. People in front of me were doing it, so I did too. I was hypnotized by the mob rule. A lemming, sheep, follower. If only I were a rich sheep I would feel better. LOL

While it is true that any number can be drawn at any time, some combinations have a better chance than others of being drawn. This holds true in every game. If you look at the sum chart for any pick 3 game you'll see that the sums 13 and 14 have the most combinations. If you look at the result, you'll see that 13 and 14 are drawn the most often.

Some sums DO have a better chance.

If we do a sum chart for the Texas 2Step we'd find the highest sums look like this:

On the LEFT we have the sum breakdown for the total 52360 combinations. On the RIGHT we have the draw results. Similiar to the NBA draft, the more balls you have in the drawing the better chance you have of being drawn. And as we see the sums with the highest combinations in the overall matrix are the highest in the real drawing.  There is order in random.

Absolutely buy a couple of QPS. Don't be shy to make your own picks either. Research might help you make better selections.

So be bold. Walk around like the force is with you, lady luck is in your pocket, and you have a lightning rod in your underwear.

Good Luck in any case!

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4102 Posts
        Posted: May 19, 2013, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

For the past year, I was spending $30 a wk playing just MM and PB.  I was doing 1 draw with my own numbers for MM/PB and an extra 10 MM qp's weekly.  While I've hit 3 white MM numbers several times, I've come to realize all it takes is just 1 ticket to win.  It doesn't matter how many tickets you buy, that does not increase your chances of winning.  Now, I just do 1 MM and PB ticket with my own numbers weekly.  I've reduced my budget from $30 a wk to just $10 a wk... I'm much happier=)

I agree.
        I observe those slogans out here that say " Play Responsibly" and view the game as fun, and l play $3-5 a game with no regrets either way. I am also well aware of the odds so when l don't win at least l tell myself l only lost the cost of
        a happy meal.