Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

IL is so broke they can't even pay of lottery winners without bouncing the checks!!

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 4 years ago by tony869.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #125918
March 31, 2012
362 Posts
Posted: May 22, 2013, 10:15 am - IP Logged

When you win the Lotto, you expect to get paid and google that story since i cant post links.. 

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
    Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
    United States
    Member #50210
    March 1, 2007
    843 Posts
    Posted: May 22, 2013, 10:26 am - IP Logged

When you win the Lotto, you expect to get paid and google that story since i cant post links.. 

The checks got returned due to a security code not being on the check. Funds were availalbe so that is not the issue

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/9851877-418/illinois-lottery-bounces-85-checks-to-winners.html

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
      Member #32537
      February 12, 2006
      698 Posts
      Posted: May 22, 2013, 10:43 am - IP Logged

lottery will pay for any bank fees that occurred because of the checks.

at lest they cover the damage, just normal idiots in charge messing up story

however i like to add, lottery is one of must trusted ways to get paid

for instant, did u know in PB  the annuity

is a contract of u and ALL the state lotteries promise to PAY u x amount 

even if the treasury bills fail,they invest the money into special  t bills............ the states MUST pay u,

u got not only fed govt with t bills covering the investment

but ever freaking lottery backing your payments if investment fails

to bad the interest rates rates are a sick JOKE, cash atm wins 100% of time, if u want to get richer that is

if this was like old 7/8% rates thro then 3% the annuity we got now, my god the annuity with all cash INVESTED BEFORE TAXES would be godsend 

u not only make insane amount of cash but have it backed up by one of must profitable  groups ever, 

a state lottery is just a money printing press, its so much profit   . how can u think, the lottery such as IL cant pay?

they are big earner just like other states, they can cover all prizes.....................

No bees, no honey.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10344 Posts
        Posted: May 22, 2013, 10:54 am - IP Logged

The checks got returned due to a security code not being on the check. Funds were availalbe so that is not the issue

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/9851877-418/illinois-lottery-bounces-85-checks-to-winners.html

Thanks for clearing that up, Jill34786.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
          Kunming
          China
          Member #57910
          January 23, 2008
          3626 Posts
          Posted: May 22, 2013, 10:59 am - IP Logged

I will always choose the 'cash' option for this reason. Give my money all up front. Just in case.

Play to win!

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7295 Posts
            Posted: May 22, 2013, 11:38 am - IP Logged

Don't let the facts get in the way of your conspiracy theory, eh Tony?

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: May 22, 2013, 11:43 am - IP Logged

I will always choose the 'cash' option for this reason. Give my money all up front. Just in case.

I Agree! If they can screw up how the check is printed, I'm sure they can screw up having the money.

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: May 22, 2013, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

LOL they still would have paid you with a check....So if you were a winner you still would have had the same problem....I hope the lottery commission isnt paying anyone out of petty cash LOL

United States
                  Member #125918
                  March 31, 2012
                  362 Posts
                  Posted: May 22, 2013, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

Don't let the facts get in the way of your conspiracy theory, eh Tony?

Umm my conspiracy theory? No i don't think so and Todd last time suspended my account for posting a link and not taking that chance again.. I was merely passing on a abcnews story that was reported in IL. 

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23259 Posts
                    Posted: May 22, 2013, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

Umm my conspiracy theory? No i don't think so and Todd last time suspended my account for posting a link and not taking that chance again.. I was merely passing on a abcnews story that was reported in IL. 

Please do NOT post news stories in the forums.  In fact, it is a rule that is spelled out on the Rules page:

• Do not post news stories on the forums.

If you would like to share a news story you found, please submit it on the News Story Suggestion Form  (link), but do not post it yourself in the forums.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
                      Member #125918
                      March 31, 2012
                      362 Posts
                      Posted: May 22, 2013, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd for the heads up and i will do that next time. Smile