Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 2:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's up with the small Hot Lotto jackpot increases?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 4 years ago by msharkey2001.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
msharkey2001's avatar - Trek startrek.gif
New Hampshire
United States
Member #136492
December 12, 2012
326 Posts
Posted: May 23, 2013, 8:15 am - IP Logged

Three drawings into the cash only, harder to win format and the jackpot increases have been an anemic $50,000 per draw. This coming with one extra moderate sized state (Tennessee) now participating.

Prior to the game change we would have expected increases in the $100,000-$150,000 range with a jackpot over $6 million. What gives? Could it be that players have been more focused on the recent huge PB and MM jackpots, they don't care for the higher odds, or do taxes paid jackpots simply tend to grow at a much smaller rate?

This used to be one of my favorite games when the odds were better, but I've now switched to playing Lucky For Life. I prefer the smaller state/regional games specifically for the better odds of winning a decent prize. The small difference in potential cash payout does not entice me enough to play considering the odds just almost tripled for winning the JP.

It will be interesting to see if this down revenue trend continues. If it does I hope those that run MM take notice.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #82391
    November 12, 2009
    6305 Posts
    Posted: May 23, 2013, 11:54 am - IP Logged

The smaller increase is due to the new changes I know it suxs Bang Head

I Love Pink & Green 1908

PlayToWin47's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
      Joplin MO
      United States
      Member #138489
      January 28, 2013
      190 Posts
      Posted: May 23, 2013, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

Three drawings into the cash only, harder to win format and the jackpot increases have been an anemic $50,000 per draw. This coming with one extra moderate sized state (Tennessee) now participating.

Prior to the game change we would have expected increases in the $100,000-$150,000 range with a jackpot over $6 million. What gives? Could it be that players have been more focused on the recent huge PB and MM jackpots, they don't care for the higher odds, or do taxes paid jackpots simply tend to grow at a much smaller rate?

This used to be one of my favorite games when the odds were better, but I've now switched to playing Lucky For Life. I prefer the smaller state/regional games specifically for the better odds of winning a decent prize. The small difference in potential cash payout does not entice me enough to play considering the odds just almost tripled for winning the JP.

It will be interesting to see if this down revenue trend continues. If it does I hope those that run MM take notice.

Maybe there are a lot of people boycotting the game because of the changes?!?

At the current 6,000,000+ JP, the federal "taxes paid" amount (25% withheld) is over 1.5 million (which is in addition to the 6 million+ cash).

While this game's JP is still high, I'm going to keep playing.  Once someone wins (unless it is me) and the JP starts over, I'm going to start playing Kansas Super Cash for awhile ... WAY better odds, but typically not retirement level JP's.

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
        Member #32537
        February 12, 2006
        698 Posts
        Posted: May 23, 2013, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

i even asked MUSL about this

no reply yet

the jackpot use to be 

Sat, May 11, 2013$6.1 Million
        $230,000
        Wed, May 8, 2013$5.9 Million
        $210,000
        Sat, May 4, 2013$5.7 Million
        $190,000
        Wed, May 1, 2013$5.5 Million
        $200,000
        Sat, Apr 27, 2013$5.3 Million
        $200,000

as u can see, with the old "Annuity"  but it is safe to say, the CASH was mini half of Annuity

so it really should be going up at lest 100k CASH at these levels

somhow they sold us down the river with low mini 50k rollovers even at 6m 

this is tennessee cash bad idea "disease" all over again

in tn they killed pick 5 game in tn "that rollovered more then our pick6" it was better before the change

, remade it pick 6"tn cash", but the game is slower rollovers, takes forever to get higher then old pick 5 game did ,many more rollovers to get to same amount of cash, and it was "easyer" to win, sound like history repeating it self here

, its like how in world did anyone think this was a good idea then pure marketing........

higher odds, slower jackpots, takes longer to grow to small amounts, and lots of marketing"saying its better" HAHAHAH

history repeating it self, they screwed us all over with much slower rollovers for this new"cash" only game

and sold it 2 us as a gain, Ha, how is slower jackpot /takes much longer to gain better?

u know what's really beep unreal

Wed, May 22, 2013$650,000
        $70,000

tn cash, my freaking state game i never care about, and  i hate with a passion

growing at 70k rollover  at freaking 600k range to boot, wtf

we at 6m in hot lotto, played in many states then just TN and its slower OMFG

what i think going on here is they did something moronic, they had to do what i think they did

they made 30 something  or whatever cents  that goes to jackpot lower

that  money that use to go to jackpot to grow it, , MUCH lower NOW

to pay for tax's paid marketing gimmick

in short, they made jackpot prize pool"how much of the money per ticket goes to jackpot % wise" go WAY down in order to fund the "taxes paid part" pool

u think they pay for taxes for free> ha, 

50% of money per ticket goes to prizes

so out of 50 cents they work with,

they just  made jackpot  get LESS of the overall 50 cents that goes to prize pools

it was 30 something cents i think,. they just made it MUCH less

hance MUCH slower rollovers 

sign, at lest what i think that did

i hope we find out  what's going on for sure, i emailed them etc

only time will tell

for now all we know is they screwed it over for marketing 'tax free" just made it worst 

slow mini 50k rollovers , and lord knows when it ever go beyond 50k  rollovers

we could be doomed like this for months,who knows will it take 10m, 20m , 30m jackpots before it ever grows beyond 50k a roll

or we doomed for whatever, only MUSL knows how much they doomed us

No bees, no honey.

PlayToWin47's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
          Joplin MO
          United States
          Member #138489
          January 28, 2013
          190 Posts
          Posted: May 23, 2013, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

Maybe there are a lot of people boycotting the game because of the changes?!?

At the current 6,000,000+ JP, the federal "taxes paid" amount (25% withheld) is over 1.5 million (which is in addition to the 6 million+ cash).

While this game's JP is still high, I'm going to keep playing.  Once someone wins (unless it is me) and the JP starts over, I'm going to start playing Kansas Super Cash for awhile ... WAY better odds, but typically not retirement level JP's.

Also ... If you recall, when the game changed to the all cash option, they didn't reduce the JP amount ... which means that before the change, the JP was 6M+, in which you had to take taxes from, then it went to 6M+ with the taxes paid.  That means that the lottery instantly would have to fork over 1.5M+ more for that next drawing, even though it normally took many drawings for the payout to be raised 1.5M.

I can actually kinda understand that the JP might only go up the minimum defined in the new rules ... at least for a while, until they catch back up.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4987 Posts
            Posted: May 23, 2013, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

I thought it was always slow moving in terms of increases in jackpots.  But it is still the best $1 game out there when the JP is high. I seem to win about every thrid time(the hotball number or that and plus one...just got it again). The frequency charts and games out seem to follow a more predictable/guessable pattern.

J'aime La France.

msharkey2001's avatar - Trek startrek.gif
              New Hampshire
              United States
              Member #136492
              December 12, 2012
              326 Posts
              Posted: May 23, 2013, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

I'm starting to feel the same about the new game I'm playing, Lucky For Life. I just hit 4 of 5 tonight minus the hot ball for $100!