Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does the lawyer cash in when you consult them after winning the lottery too??

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 4 years ago by billionaire2bee.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: May 26, 2013, 8:04 am - IP Logged

So if you hit the jackpot and get a lawyer to set up your trust and or help you claim your jackpot....Do they get the 33% of your winnings like they do if they represented you in a civil case or what?? Cause if it is the 33% the lawyer who helps that 590 million winner(s) will be richer than the winner(s)....So does anybody know what percentage the lawyer gets or what??

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #121745
    January 16, 2012
    4784 Posts
    Posted: May 26, 2013, 8:37 am - IP Logged

Are you serious? Setting up a trust etc. is an hourly fee service (not a percentage) and most will provide you a cost estimate. The 33% is for contingency type fees (if you prevail) for litigation, etc.

J'aime La France.

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
      Nutley, New Jersey
      United States
      Member #131058
      August 1, 2012
      875 Posts
      Posted: May 26, 2013, 8:42 am - IP Logged

So if you hit the jackpot and get a lawyer to set up your trust and or help you claim your jackpot....Do they get the 33% of your winnings like they do if they represented you in a civil case or what?? Cause if it is the 33% the lawyer who helps that 590 million winner(s) will be richer than the winner(s)....So does anybody know what percentage the lawyer gets or what??

yes it's true. The lawyer taking 33% of the jackpot is the standard rate for this type of job but you are in luck. If you let me represent you, I will cut you a once in a life time special deal and I will only charge you 32%.

Is it a deal? LOL

United States
        Member #121745
        January 16, 2012
        4784 Posts
        Posted: May 26, 2013, 8:44 am - IP Logged

yes it's true. The lawyer taking 33% of the jackpot is the standard rate for this type of job but you are in luck. If you let me represent you, I will cut you a once in a life time special deal and I will only charge you 32%.

Is it a deal? LOL

lol lol  Oh no. Let me stand in line to represent him first. I willl only charge him 30%. That is fair..maybe up to 10 billable hours of work...lol.

J'aime La France.

Nutley, New Jersey
          United States
          Member #131058
          August 1, 2012
          875 Posts
          Posted: May 26, 2013, 8:53 am - IP Logged

lol lol  Oh no. Let me stand in line to represent him first. I willl only charge him 30%. That is fair..maybe up to 10 billable hours of work...lol.

my final offer is 29% of the winnings and I'll be your best friend.  Big Grin

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4784 Posts
            Posted: May 26, 2013, 9:02 am - IP Logged

my final offer is 29% of the winnings and I'll be your best friend.  Big Grin

lol My final offer is 25% and I will pretend I like you (plus knowing someone with a book deal as well will improve your social standing and make people think you are wise).

J'aime La France.

Nutley, New Jersey
              United States
              Member #131058
              August 1, 2012
              875 Posts
              Posted: May 26, 2013, 9:18 am - IP Logged

lol My final offer is 25% and I will pretend I like you (plus knowing someone with a book deal as well will improve your social standing and make people think you are wise).

I only do this for very special people but for you, I will lower my rate to 24% and as an added bonus I will also become your exclusive financial adviser. I will make you a billionaire in no time! I have a track record of 50% annualized returns on all my investments*

*past performance is no guarantee of future results

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                adelaide sa
                Australia
                Member #37136
                April 11, 2006
                3300 Posts
                Posted: May 26, 2013, 11:13 am - IP Logged

33% is for a no win no fee kind of deal as well,

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: May 26, 2013, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

My lawyer will do it for 23% and he promises not to hump your leg when he starts thinking about the money.

Or 20% with leg-humping included.

United States
                    Member #130815
                    July 25, 2012
                    1636 Posts
                    Posted: May 26, 2013, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

Is it a deal? LOL

Wow cracker jack law degrees are that much in demand or are you on the meth again??

United States
                      Member #130815
                      July 25, 2012
                      1636 Posts
                      Posted: May 26, 2013, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

Are you serious? Setting up a trust etc. is an hourly fee service (not a percentage) and most will provide you a cost estimate. The 33% is for contingency type fees (if you prevail) for litigation, etc.

Yeah im serious I asked the question I wanted an honest answer....the only time I ever needed a lawyer is well.....never....so that why I wanted to know

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                        Bay Area - California
                        United States
                        Member #136477
                        December 12, 2012
                        4102 Posts
                        Posted: May 26, 2013, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

There is no pro Bono work from Lawyers when it involves the lottery- those guys are not called Lawyers for nothing. ..

United States
                          Member #124493
                          March 14, 2012
                          7023 Posts
                          Posted: May 26, 2013, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

Wow cracker jack law degrees are that much in demand or are you on the meth again??

What is meth?  Is that how your becoming a billionaire?

I used to love cracker jacks.  The prize got a little cheap I think.

I love corn in a box.

United States
                            Member #121745
                            January 16, 2012
                            4784 Posts
                            Posted: May 26, 2013, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

What is meth?  Is that how your becoming a billionaire?

I used to love cracker jacks.  The prize got a little cheap I think.

I love corn in a box.

I wish I had known one could get law degrees in a box of cracker jacks. I have to stop doing things the hard way! One time I got a little joke book (about an inch high) as my prize....my fave...what is green and sings??  Elvis Parsley!

J'aime La France.

Nutley, New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #131058
                              August 1, 2012
                              875 Posts
                              Posted: May 26, 2013, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

Yeah im serious I asked the question I wanted an honest answer....the only time I ever needed a lawyer is well.....never....so that why I wanted to know

this was a serious question??? OMG.....