Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Just Two

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 4 years ago by chrissy16.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #129868
June 30, 2012
2452 Posts
Posted: May 27, 2013, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

Hi, Todd

I just have two suggestions.  The first being, the recent post.  On the recent post page down at the bottom the max search allowing you to go back only at 100. Is there any away that you can add maybe a max of 500 or whatever you see fit, because for senior members like yourself, it's extremely time consuming to peform a search if you was interested in a particular members "recent post" from a few years back.  My interest in this came about because some LP players out of the blue become lotto gurus but after a diligent search you would see that the very same player, when they first came to LP, was asking other members for systems, thereby debunking them if you will.  Not suggesting that they cant hone thier skills over a period of time here, but I have seen some interesting inconsistencies.

The other suggestion, is maybe a forward feature to the PM, sometime I would like to send the same info to another LP member without the hassle of duplicating all the info.

Thanks for all your work

Chrissy16

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23259 Posts
    Posted: May 28, 2013, 11:00 am - IP Logged

Thanks for writing your suggestions.

For the first suggestion dealing with the Recent Posts page, that page is just for recent posts, and expanding the page size would only have the effect of slowing down the site.  (That's why the page sizes are kept to a "reasonable" size.)  Instead, I would suggest you use the Search page if you need to find very old posts by a person.  You can click "Username", type their Username, and go directly to any page of results for the person.  You can also filter by depth of history (time) to search, as well as the specific forum they posted in.  The page defaults to searching the past year of posts, but with a click you can set it to all history if you like.

In addition, the other categories of searching on the Search page — All, Forums, News, Tag, Blogs, and Private Messages — provide many other ways of finding information about a member or subject.

For the second suggestion, I would recommend that you use the excellent AutoSave feature built into the text editor to send the same post to different people.  You simply click the "life ring" (AutoSave) icon on the toolbar, and your previous message text is instantly recalled.

I would warn, however, that bulk mailings to many people will be interpreted as spam by the system, and will shut down your account.  If you're sending something to a few people that will be fine, but don't try to mail everyone you know with the same text.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
      Member #129868
      June 30, 2012
      2452 Posts
      Posted: May 28, 2013, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for writing your suggestions.

For the first suggestion dealing with the Recent Posts page, that page is just for recent posts, and expanding the page size would only have the effect of slowing down the site.  (That's why the page sizes are kept to a "reasonable" size.)  Instead, I would suggest you use the Search page if you need to find very old posts by a person.  You can click "Username", type their Username, and go directly to any page of results for the person.  You can also filter by depth of history (time) to search, as well as the specific forum they posted in.  The page defaults to searching the past year of posts, but with a click you can set it to all history if you like.

In addition, the other categories of searching on the Search page — All, Forums, News, Tag, Blogs, and Private Messages — provide many other ways of finding information about a member or subject.

For the second suggestion, I would recommend that you use the excellent AutoSave feature built into the text editor to send the same post to different people.  You simply click the "life ring" (AutoSave) icon on the toolbar, and your previous message text is instantly recalled.

I would warn, however, that bulk mailings to many people will be interpreted as spam by the system, and will shut down your account.  If you're sending something to a few people that will be fine, but don't try to mail everyone you know with the same text.

Thanks for your reply!and Enjoy your day!