Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 9:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who here plays Lotto, like a business?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Lucky Loser.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #129868
June 30, 2012
2457 Posts
Posted: May 27, 2013, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

Hi, Guys

I just want to see who here plays the Pick 4 games, like a business.  In other words, who tries to play professionally here?  I would love to converse with you, shares ideas, anything we can think of to be more successful.  I would love to gain your perspective and vice versa.  I know there have been a series of topics with respect to this and I have found them all very interesting but I still don't know who really is trying to accomplish this feat and this is the aim of my topic.

Would love to hear from you 

Chrissy16

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
    Whiskey Island
    United States
    Member #90216
    April 24, 2010
    12808 Posts
    Posted: May 27, 2013, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Hi, Guys

I just want to see who here plays the Pick 4 games, like a business.  In other words, who tries to play professionally here?  I would love to converse with you, shares ideas, anything we can think of to be more successful.  I would love to gain your perspective and vice versa.  I know there have been a series of topics with respect to this and I have found them all very interesting but I still don't know who really is trying to accomplish this feat and this is the aim of my topic.

Would love to hear from you 

Chrissy16

Here is the link :    Playing the Lottery as a Business

United States
      Member #129868
      June 30, 2012
      2457 Posts
      Posted: May 27, 2013, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

Here is the link :    Playing the Lottery as a Business

Thanks CajunWin4

I feel so terrible now that I have created this thread.  My apologies, I didn't see this, next time I will be sure to go back more.  Thanks again.  For now, I guess we can disregard this thread.  Sorry again.

United States
        Member #129868
        June 30, 2012
        2457 Posts
        Posted: May 27, 2013, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

It is my hope, that this thread gets deleted.  Sorry again.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19893 Posts
          Posted: May 28, 2013, 11:35 am - IP Logged

If you track your lottery playing like a business, you'll probably conclude you're losing money and with be out of business if you don't think of it as entertainment or a hobby.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #129868
            June 30, 2012
            2457 Posts
            Posted: May 28, 2013, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

If you track your lottery playing like a business, you'll probably conclude you're losing money and with be out of business if you don't think of it as entertainment or a hobby.

I thinke the emphasis on the word "business" is a little to strong in the context your using.  What I mean is,to take it "seriously" more than anything.  And as far as your statement goes, I disagree.  I've been playing for sometime now as a " business", i.e, wins thats exceed loses and I've been doing well.  By the way all business are face with the threat of losing money, and some do go out of business and I think this is probably why it gets treated as "entertainment or hobby"  Its nothing entertainig about losing money nor relaxing, this is why I guess I treated as such, call me what you want...lol.  Anyways my aim was to find if there were common folk here trying to do the same thing.  Thanks for words RJOh, see you around.

United States
              Member #129868
              June 30, 2012
              2457 Posts
              Posted: May 28, 2013, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

And one other thing, it baffles me that people think this can't be done.

boxofrox's avatar - Lottery-016.jpg

United States
                Member #45361
                August 19, 2006
                556 Posts
                Posted: May 28, 2013, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Sun Smiley

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: May 28, 2013, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

I thinke the emphasis on the word "business" is a little to strong in the context your using.  What I mean is,to take it "seriously" more than anything.  And as far as your statement goes, I disagree.  I've been playing for sometime now as a " business", i.e, wins thats exceed loses and I've been doing well.  By the way all business are face with the threat of losing money, and some do go out of business and I think this is probably why it gets treated as "entertainment or hobby"  Its nothing entertainig about losing money nor relaxing, this is why I guess I treated as such, call me what you want...lol.  Anyways my aim was to find if there were common folk here trying to do the same thing.  Thanks for words RJOh, see you around.

If your wins exceed your losses and you're doing well, you should be the one giving advice here because barring a substantial jackpot win, you're doing way better than everybody else.

Perhaps you would share your strategy?

United States
                    Member #129868
                    June 30, 2012
                    2457 Posts
                    Posted: May 28, 2013, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't say I am doing better than anyone else. I don't know what others are making but I can tell you this there are a few people bringing in some serious cash that I don't know personally, I am talking income tax money payouts.  So, I just know it can be done.  I think the larger question is, is this the peoples aim or is something they shouldn't tool around with from time to time.  This was the point of my topic, to meet people who are doing this or at least trying.  With respect to sharing, I don't mind.  See you around.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #86154
                      January 30, 2010
                      1654 Posts
                      Posted: May 30, 2013, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

To me, this statement is questionable in regards to Pick3/Pick4. If a person is, in fact, playing and tracking these games like a business, they'll learn how to get the most out of their money during a series of plays. As with a business the first priority should be RECOVERY, at some point, and not trying to just win because you can win and still be in the hole if that win doesn't occur in enough time.

With the jackpot games, yes, everyone loses money every time based strictly on the odds and payouts for even a (3) number match. There is no approach that will allow ANY player to realize any profit in these larger games unless a major win takes place. Any game larger than (0-9) is only for entertainment and hobby for 99% of lotto enthusiasts. For the states, it's the way to move and make millions at $2 a shot.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Texas
                        United States
                        Member #86154
                        January 30, 2010
                        1654 Posts
                        Posted: May 30, 2013, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

My point exactly. When a player becomes more informed and "serious" with the game(s), they will then refrain from playing just any old way and being careless with their money. There are definitely approaches available which actually allow the player, at the minimum, to recover monies for a given amount of plays. Often, a small profit can be realized but this is much tougher when playing state lottery.

If a person is online, it's much easier to turn a profit due directly to how the odds are outlined. I agree with you 100% about it not being entertaining or relaxing, at all, when losing money constantly. For the serious players, it forces them to become better in every aspect because "money ain't cheap".

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living

Texas
                          United States
                          Member #86154
                          January 30, 2010
                          1654 Posts
                          Posted: May 30, 2013, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Well, it falls directly in line with the controversy of UFO's and alien life forms. Those that have never seen any such thing or believe in them...they shun it to the lowest degree. Those which have actually seen evidence of either, and maybe both, look at the shunners and shake their heads laughing at how disconnected the really are.

So many people are always ready and willing to go along with what is so popular without any desire to really dig and see if there's any substance to it. It's just easier to go with the flow and repeat what everyone else does...that's their power in numbers.

Where there's a will, there's a way to accomplish most anything in life.

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living