Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 4:14 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I'm LOSING MY MIND! (step away from the numbers, Cindi!)

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 4 years ago by CinCin.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Columbia, SC
United States
Member #135285
November 21, 2012
584 Posts
Posted: June 1, 2013, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

I've been playing a couple of different lotteries on a regular basis for about a year and like many others, I've been trying to come up with a system that will help me with that ONE big win!!.....For the record, I will NOT be playing the MegaMillions lottery when it changes over in the FALL so I really want to try my best to concentrate on a win before the change.  Yesterday, I spent 2 HOURS calculating and analyzing numbers to play for last night's draw. I was sooooo excited when I was finally able to narrow down my selection to the five magical numbers that I just KNEW were going to change my life forever!!!!..I could barely contain my excitement as I searched for a pencil to fill out my play slip. It was  getting close to the ticket purchase cutoff so I needed to hurry, hurry, hurry!!!! As I adjusted my reading glasses, the first thing I did was make sure I blackened in the powerplay option, as I've forgotten to do this in the past a couple of times.  I then carefully penciled in the area for my first number......then my second number and third.....but as I was penciling in my fourth number, I could feel my excitement slowly diminishing as I began searching the last line on the playslp for my final number, which was 59.    Yes, I'm very aware MegaMillions only goes up to 56, as this topic is titled. "I'm LOSING IT!!......According to the results, it appears I wouldn't have been close any way....<sigh>

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7343 Posts
    Posted: June 1, 2013, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

I've been playing a couple of different lotteries on a regular basis for about a year and like many others, I've been trying to come up with a system that will help me with that ONE big win!!.....For the record, I will NOT be playing the MegaMillions lottery when it changes over in the FALL so I really want to try my best to concentrate on a win before the change.  Yesterday, I spent 2 HOURS calculating and analyzing numbers to play for last night's draw. I was sooooo excited when I was finally able to narrow down my selection to the five magical numbers that I just KNEW were going to change my life forever!!!!..I could barely contain my excitement as I searched for a pencil to fill out my play slip. It was  getting close to the ticket purchase cutoff so I needed to hurry, hurry, hurry!!!! As I adjusted my reading glasses, the first thing I did was make sure I blackened in the powerplay option, as I've forgotten to do this in the past a couple of times.  I then carefully penciled in the area for my first number......then my second number and third.....but as I was penciling in my fourth number, I could feel my excitement slowly diminishing as I began searching the last line on the playslp for my final number, which was 59.    Yes, I'm very aware MegaMillions only goes up to 56, as this topic is titled. "I'm LOSING IT!!......According to the results, it appears I wouldn't have been close any way....<sigh>

I'd play the same five numbers in tonight's PB drawing, but I'd probably try to use a bonus number higher than 35.

Yep, I know the feeling.

Columbia, SC
      United States
      Member #135285
      November 21, 2012
      584 Posts
      Posted: June 1, 2013, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

I'd play the same five numbers in tonight's PB drawing, but I'd probably try to use a bonus number higher than 35.

Yep, I know the feeling.

thanks for the advice Stack, but I can't play the same 5 numbers as they were all based off of the totals I had for the entire month. it was the last draw of the month for MM and the numbers i had were calculated from the sums I had for that game, not Powerball...Heck, i just may do what you suggested too....it could've been a sign, huh?

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
        NY
        United States
        Member #121961
        January 21, 2012
        3159 Posts
        Posted: June 1, 2013, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

I would of played the 56. The 6 being a mirrored 9.

elkton, maryland
          United States
          Member #85565
          January 18, 2010
          1028 Posts
          Posted: June 1, 2013, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

"I've been playing these winning numbers for about 35 years, ever since the lottery started," Black said.This is what the man said

that just hit the lottery in Canada. Play your same numbers they may bring you joy.

GLHyper

Columbia, SC
            United States
            Member #135285
            November 21, 2012
            584 Posts
            Posted: June 1, 2013, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

I would of played the 56. The 6 being a mirrored 9.

I see what you're saying, but with the system I use, changing the 59 to a 56 would mean I'd have to change my other four numbers because the system involves a known sum...

Thanks for your input though!!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: June 1, 2013, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

I got a feelin' you're gonna win someday anyway you do it, CinCin.  Thumbs Up

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7343 Posts
                Posted: June 2, 2013, 1:14 am - IP Logged

thanks for the advice Stack, but I can't play the same 5 numbers as they were all based off of the totals I had for the entire month. it was the last draw of the month for MM and the numbers i had were calculated from the sums I had for that game, not Powerball...Heck, i just may do what you suggested too....it could've been a sign, huh?

I noticed 59 was one of the PB numbers so you're already did better than a QP.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19900 Posts
                  Posted: June 2, 2013, 1:54 am - IP Logged

For the record, a lot of players said they won't be playing MM after the next change.  But then a lot of players said the same thing about PB before its last change and changed their minds.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                    adelaide sa
                    Australia
                    Member #37136
                    April 11, 2006
                    3316 Posts
                    Posted: June 2, 2013, 3:10 am - IP Logged

here is my prediction, when MM hits a $500 mill jackpot, EVERYONE will be playing

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                      u$a
                      United States
                      Member #106665
                      February 22, 2011
                      19964 Posts
                      Posted: June 2, 2013, 4:14 am - IP Logged

hang in there you'll get em Smiley

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                        Park City, UT
                        United States
                        Member #69864
                        January 18, 2009
                        993 Posts
                        Posted: June 2, 2013, 5:38 am - IP Logged

For the record, a lot of players said they won't be playing MM after the next change.  But then a lot of players said the same thing about PB before its last change and changed their minds.

I won't be playing MegaMillions with a system anymore but I will play a few QP's when the jackpot gets over 500 million.  So all in all I will be contributing signifcantly less to the jackpot pool during the jackpot run than I have currently to date.  So I don't think people will not play the game but I think the hardcore lottery players will contribute less to the jackpot, but I might be wrong.  You never know when you have 75 balls banging around maybe it will be less random.  I assume they will be changing their machines.

Jimmy

Columbia, SC
                          United States
                          Member #135285
                          November 21, 2012
                          584 Posts
                          Posted: June 2, 2013, 10:07 am - IP Logged

I got a feelin' you're gonna win someday anyway you do it, CinCin.  Thumbs Up

awwwww Thanks Ridge!!

I think i've become someone obsessed with cracking this thing..I just want ONE big win!! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK???? LOLOLOLOL

Thanks for the encouragement!

Columbia, SC
                            United States
                            Member #135285
                            November 21, 2012
                            584 Posts
                            Posted: June 2, 2013, 10:07 am - IP Logged

hang in there you'll get em Smiley

Thanks Helpmewin!!!! You're such a sweetie!

Columbia, SC
                              United States
                              Member #135285
                              November 21, 2012
                              584 Posts
                              Posted: June 2, 2013, 10:09 am - IP Logged

I won't be playing MegaMillions with a system anymore but I will play a few QP's when the jackpot gets over 500 million.  So all in all I will be contributing signifcantly less to the jackpot pool during the jackpot run than I have currently to date.  So I don't think people will not play the game but I think the hardcore lottery players will contribute less to the jackpot, but I might be wrong.  You never know when you have 75 balls banging around maybe it will be less random.  I assume they will be changing their machines.

Jimmy

I need to rephrase..i won't be playing on a regular basis like I do now...I might contribute a couple (and I do mean just a COUPLE) of dollars when the jackpot is EXTREMELY high, but I will not be helping build it up to that point.....

The odds are just TOO HIGH for my interest!

@RJOH--Yeah, alot of people do have to eat their words....I personally just do not have the finances to invest in playing MM on a regular basis with such high odds...Nor would I be interested... As I mentioned above, i might play when it's at an unusually high jackpot, but even then, I won't be putting into it what I do now....just a couple of bucks for fun