Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why so few lottery pool winners these days - is there not strength in numbers?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 3 years ago by PrisonerSix.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4104 Posts
Posted: June 7, 2013, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

I can't for the life of me recall the last lottery pool winners of either MM or PB.Perhaps going or staying solo is the right course of action in these uncertain times.  Your thoughts?

* Have a Great Weekend People.

London
    United Kingdom
    Member #140684
    March 24, 2013
    566 Posts
    Posted: June 7, 2013, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

I hate pools, seem like hassle. Would rather just buy my own tickets, plus I don't play every week only when the JP is huge so playing for smaller JP's isn't what I want to do. Ofc I would be very happy with winning small but I don't like the odds of playing for that haha

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
      California
      United States
      Member #112364
      June 17, 2011
      661 Posts
      Posted: June 7, 2013, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

I can't for the life of me recall the last lottery pool winners of either MM or PB.Perhaps going or staying solo is the right course of action in these uncertain times.  Your thoughts?

There are Powerball office pool winners just a couple of weeks ago. They shared a portion of their winning with a coworker who opted out. But they didn't win the jackpot. They won the second tier for 1 millions.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: June 7, 2013, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

Individuals win far more often than pools.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4104 Posts
          Posted: June 7, 2013, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

There are Powerball office pool winners just a couple of weeks ago. They shared a portion of their winning with a coworker who opted out. But they didn't win the jackpot. They won the second tier for 1 millions.

Red- l said few, not none. Point being if they give one a better chance in winning with more players,  how is it that there are more solo players making out big-time than LPP's. Perhaps Lottery pools are overrated.
          Can you imagine how many lottery pools were formed or contributed to with this last go- round and they failed to land the big One?

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
            NY
            United States
            Member #121961
            January 21, 2012
            3157 Posts
            Posted: June 8, 2013, 2:13 am - IP Logged

We only get our pool going at 100mil. No one is interested under that which confuses me. I think we won 8$ on that last PB with 20 players.

United States
              Member #130815
              July 25, 2012
              1636 Posts
              Posted: June 8, 2013, 7:25 am - IP Logged

You really got to lock everything down when you do a pool and it may seem like a hassle for a lot of people...it's easier if your the only one and you just decide when you want to go claim it and not 10 or 20 others....

United States
                Member #125185
                March 26, 2012
                75 Posts
                Posted: June 8, 2013, 9:13 am - IP Logged

Yeah Holm'z,

I say avoid da pools, 'less you got good frenz t'play wiff.

Does you plays e'ery week?  Bofe gamez?

Den, I says play ya ownseof, and join da poo' when da jackpot

gets huge like in Florida.

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
                  Jacksonville, Florida
                  United States
                  Member #140364
                  March 17, 2013
                  195 Posts
                  Posted: June 8, 2013, 9:24 am - IP Logged

Red- l said few, not none. Point being if they give one a better chance in winning with more players,  how is it that there are more solo players making out big-time than LPP's. Perhaps Lottery pools are overrated.
                  Can you imagine how many lottery pools were formed or contributed to with this last go- round and they failed to land the big One?

There are more individual players than there are pools. I run a pool with 20 people on powerball but we only play it when it is 100 million. With 20 people for 40 million jackpot with the cash option being around 23 million with the odds of winning, I have a better chance with the state lotto with 10 people with far better odds, and only cost me $1 instead of $2.

Can you imagine how many tickets were purchased from May 16th til May 18th around 1040pm EST - but yet only 1 person landed the big one?

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                    Oklahoma
                    United States
                    Member #82391
                    November 12, 2009
                    6290 Posts
                    Posted: June 8, 2013, 9:26 am - IP Logged

It has been a while I think that lady in Maryland scared all the pool players.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
                      Jacksonville, Florida
                      United States
                      Member #140364
                      March 17, 2013
                      195 Posts
                      Posted: June 8, 2013, 9:28 am - IP Logged

It has been a while I think that lady in Maryland scared all the pool players.

Which lady?

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: June 8, 2013, 9:44 am - IP Logged

Pools are not overrated nose, just mostly people who are too cheap to buy more than a dollars worth of tickets so they form a pool and get $20. worth total. I was surprised to hear that each Realtor put in $20.

Baton Rouge, LA
                          United States
                          Member #4602
                          May 7, 2004
                          699 Posts
                          Posted: June 11, 2013, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

I run a pool and it is a lot of work. I've been running for several years now, it started with just 2 of us, and grew to 13 at one point, and is now at 11 members. For $4 every other Friday, we get a mix of Powerball, Lotto, and MegaMillions tickets for 2 weeks worth of drawings. We haven't won anything big yet, with the best we've won is around $100 in one round of tickets. We usually win something over the 2 week period, even if it's just $2.

We still keep trying, hoping for the best.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"