Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:36 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hadn't heard anything about the Megamillions big winner

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: June 12, 2013, 8:00 am - IP Logged

All I've seen or hear about the big MM winner who hit just before the big PB winner was on their MM homepage....Im sure the winner is glad that the press is focusing on the PB winner but I guess even though he won a pretty good amount (190 million est) it was peanuts compared to the PB winner...but hey I'll take that amount of those peanuts anyday LOL

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4102 Posts
    Posted: June 12, 2013, 10:25 am - IP Logged

All I've seen or hear about the big MM winner who hit just before the big PB winner was on their MM homepage....Im sure the winner is glad that the press is focusing on the PB winner but I guess even though he won a pretty good amount (190 million est) it was peanuts compared to the PB winner...but hey I'll take that amount of those peanuts anyday LOL

Through her Attorneys she said she wanted " Privacy". What's there not to understand by that statement B?

In other words" if there is anything l want to say, l will say it, until then- leave me alone".

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: June 12, 2013, 10:51 am - IP Logged

Through her Attorneys she said she wanted " Privacy". What's there not to understand by that statement B?

In other words" if there is anything l want to say, l will say it, until then- leave me alone".

Ok go back and re-read what I asked...I think you may have not understood what I said

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19740 Posts
        Posted: June 12, 2013, 11:21 am - IP Logged

I Agree! she needs her privacy that's why she out flaunting all that money buying dinners and tipping staff workers good thinking. Hurray!

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: June 12, 2013, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Are you talking about the Powerball winner??? Cause the question I posed had nothing to do with her....I'll give you a little hint it was a man that won...Go back and re-read the question

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
            u$a
            United States
            Member #106665
            February 22, 2011
            19740 Posts
            Posted: June 12, 2013, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

Are you talking about the Powerball winner??? Cause the question I posed had nothing to do with her....I'll give you a little hint it was a man that won...Go back and re-read the question

was it this guy: Pedro

Powerball Winner Rent

Let it Snow Snowman

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
              Member #32537
              February 12, 2006
              698 Posts
              Posted: June 12, 2013, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

TRENTON (May 23, 2013)  – The New Jersey Lottery today announced that Giuseppe “Joe” Garofalo of Tinton Falls came forth as the New Jersey winner of the $198 million jackpot from the MEGA MILLIONS drawing held on May 17.  The lucky winner arrived this morning at Lottery Headquarters, and joins a winner in Virginia in sharing this jackpot.  Mr. Garofalo chose the cash option, which means he will receive $73,279,052 before 25% federal withholding and 3% state income tax.  He purchased $10.00 worth of tickets for the May 17 drawing at Kwik Farms, 590 Shrewsbury Ave., Tinton Falls, Monmouth County.  One of those quick pick selections provided the winning numbers for this drawing.  Those numbers were:  11, 15, 35, 43 and 49.  The Gold Mega Ball was 41, and the Megaplier Multiplier was 04.

Mr. Garofalo said he has always thought he would win the lottery someday.  Even so, winning this jackpot was a wonderful surprise.  He checked his tickets at the retail store and, as soon as he realized his good fortune, he couldn't wait to tell his wife he had the jackpot-winning ticket.  He decided once he could share the good news with her, he would consider what to do about going to work that day. Without a doubt, this Mega Millions win definitely helps to made 2013 a VERY good year for the Garofalo family!

Congratulations to the winner of this incredible jackpot,” said Carole Hedinger, executive director of the New Jersey Lottery. “Joe did everything right that you could ask of a winner of a jackpot of this size – he signed the back of his ticket, put it in a safe place, and then took the time to think about what he wants to do with the money in the future, and the steps he needs to take to get there. We love to see our winners do all of that before they come forward.”

that one?

however the 2nd winner from Virginia has not yet claimed

so that winner is missing atm

due to much bigger powerball, people as witness form this thread get very confused

they have no clue  its almust been a month now and someone with  half jackpot of 190 jackpot has not come forward

No bees, no honey.

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                California
                United States
                Member #112364
                June 17, 2011
                661 Posts
                Posted: June 12, 2013, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

I agree. Even 7M CA SLP is good enough for me. I could make it last a life time as long as I save and invest it wisely and not spend it on unnecessarily.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5114 Posts
                  Posted: June 12, 2013, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

B2B:

Great>>>>>>>>>post>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

B2B  >>>>>>>>>research>>>>>>>>>>>

Psyko can't FIND MUCH on this MM JP<<<<

Psyko THINK's MM>>lottery N "BIG" change

WAIT TIL UCD "NEW" Mega Million!!!!!!???

Hiding Behind ComputerHiding Behind ComputerHiding Behind ComputerBig Grin SantaHiding Behind ComputerBig Grin SantaHiding Behind ComputerBig Grin SantaHiding Behind ComputerHiding Behind ComputerHiding Behind Computer

United States
                    Member #130815
                    July 25, 2012
                    1636 Posts
                    Posted: June 12, 2013, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

was it this guy: Pedro

Powerball Winner Rent

Nah Pedro won powerball...Im talking bout the guy who won the 190 mega million right before the 590 million power ball...Havent heard too much other than the MM homepage cause the media focused on the powerball winner

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                      Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4102 Posts
                      Posted: June 13, 2013, 3:21 am - IP Logged

The answer is universal for all these winners, and no l am not confused- l understood your question perfectly. They just want to be left alone.They need their " Privacy"as they put it. That is why they are not reaching out to the likes of the press and so forth.You would do well to heed their request B.

By the way B: l seriously doubt any of these winners are going to write a book entitled " How to win or increase your chances of winning the lottery". l could be wrong, but l seriously doubt it.

Big Smile

United States
                        Member #130815
                        July 25, 2012
                        1636 Posts
                        Posted: June 13, 2013, 6:47 am - IP Logged

The answer is universal for all these winners, and no l am not confused- l understood your question perfectly. They just want to be left alone.They need their " Privacy"as they put it. That is why they are not reaching out to the likes of the press and so forth.You would do well to heed their request B.

By the way B: l seriously doubt any of these winners are going to write a book entitled " How to win or increase your chances of winning the lottery". l could be wrong, but l seriously doubt it.

Big Smile

I was mainly talking about the media focusing on the PB winner and just skipping over the huge MM jackpot winner completely, but the reason I thought you were confused was you did what the media did and focused on the PB winner.....of course they want to be left alone but that wasnt the point..point was how the media just didnt report on it at all

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7295 Posts
                          Posted: June 13, 2013, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

I was mainly talking about the media focusing on the PB winner and just skipping over the huge MM jackpot winner completely, but the reason I thought you were confused was you did what the media did and focused on the PB winner.....of course they want to be left alone but that wasnt the point..point was how the media just didnt report on it at all

Probably because he is an ordinary jackpot winner who didn't cut in line to purchase his ticket, didn't bring a pack of lawyers to lottery headquarters, didn't demand privacy, and answered enough questions at the press conference to satisfy the reporters. Oh, and he wasn't spotted shopping at Wal Mart and leaving in a Ford Focus either.

The latest news on Gloria is that her son received threatening phones which makes me wonder what happened to all the "good advice" their lawyers gave them. It would cost him nothing to change his phone number and make it a private listing because the phone company would bill them later. I have a feeling we'll be reading about private lives of those people demanding privacy for a long time. And probably read nothing about the majority of other jackpot winners.