Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotterys rights

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 3 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
elkton, maryland
United States
Member #85565
January 18, 2010
1028 Posts
Posted: June 14, 2013, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

Should a lottery be able to cut off play on a pick3/4 number. The number came in Maryland 1111 and it was cut off as of yesterday.

London
    United Kingdom
    Member #140684
    March 24, 2013
    566 Posts
    Posted: June 14, 2013, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

Wow, I feel sorry if there was any people who played those numbers every time to have them cut off and then to finally hit.

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10348 Posts
      Posted: June 14, 2013, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

Most, if not all, state lotteries have a certain amount that they will pay out on Pick 3 or Pick 4 and once a number is played enough to hit that amout - should it come in - the number gets closed out.

A few of them are 911 on Sep 11, 476 and 1776 on July 4th sometimes, and when certain events happen that involve something with a number. Sometimes it's scores of sporting events, championship games.

Attempts to pay such numbers should be made early in the day.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #94283
        July 17, 2010
        2284 Posts
        Posted: June 14, 2013, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

Good to know that they cut you off from buying more tickets.  I knew they had a stop loss amount, but I figured they'd go ahead and sell the tickets, then para-mutuel the prize so each ticket would be worth less.  That would be even less fair, letting you potentially spend hundreds of dollars on tickets only to find you weren't winning any extra on the extra money you spent.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
          Los Angeles, California
          United States
          Member #103813
          January 5, 2011
          1530 Posts
          Posted: June 14, 2013, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Most, if not all, state lotteries have a certain amount that they will pay out on Pick 3 or Pick 4 and once a number is played enough to hit that amout - should it come in - the number gets closed out.

A few of them are 911 on Sep 11, 476 and 1776 on July 4th sometimes, and when certain events happen that involve something with a number. Sometimes it's scores of sporting events, championship games.

Attempts to pay such numbers should be made early in the day.

Not all. CA is pari-mutuel for all games. No limiting of sales/numbers is needed because prize liability is dealt with by reduced pari-mutuel prize amounts on highly played numbers. NJ also has pari-mutuel pick 3/4.

Sherita's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Vtracs is My Game!
            Georgia
            United States
            Member #3617
            February 6, 2004
            7416 Posts
            Posted: June 14, 2013, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

In Ga, the payout limit on each of these... Cash 3, Cash 4, Georgia 5, is 10 Million Dollars...

Congrats To All Winners and Posters!

LurkingWe are all in it to win!  My Pet numbers 103,724,152,397,189,118,205.

Ga Lottery Player!

Hot-Due-Cold. Short Sums/Last Digit Sum. Pairs. Vtracs. Vtrac Pairs. SUM OF VTRACS CHART.

Don't forget to FLIP 6/9 in all WORKOUTS!  66=99=69. Vtracs Code sheets available....

Los Angeles, California
              United States
              Member #103813
              January 5, 2011
              1530 Posts
              Posted: June 14, 2013, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

Should a lottery be able to cut off play on a pick3/4 number. The number came in Maryland 1111 and it was cut off as of yesterday.

Is it stated in your game rules anywhere that they do this, on the website or playslip? If not, that's kinda not cool. Or it might be buried in the lottery regulations somewhere.

Here's an example: (link to lottery regulations at bottom of post)

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/262005/3098470

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                Dallas, Texas
                United States
                Member #4549
                May 2, 2004
                1684 Posts
                Posted: June 14, 2013, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

A cut-off on betting certain combinations is nothing new. Pennsylvania started liability limits in 1989. On the Missouri Lottery page, they spell out the liability limits at the bottom.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Los Angeles, California
                  United States
                  Member #103813
                  January 5, 2011
                  1530 Posts
                  Posted: June 14, 2013, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

A cut-off on betting certain combinations is nothing new. Pennsylvania started liability limits in 1989. On the Missouri Lottery page, they spell out the liability limits at the bottom.

Part of the issue is proper disclosure. How about your state Texas, is there a sales/number limitation and is it published anywhere?

Pari-mutuel is nothing new also, and it deals with the problem on the back-end, only when the need arises. In effect, benefitting the many at the expense of the few. And ironically, it results in higher average prize values per draw.

Sales/number limits deals with it on the front end, regardless of whether the protection is need or not.(if the number hits or not)

Dallas, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #4549
                    May 2, 2004
                    1684 Posts
                    Posted: June 14, 2013, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

All I've seen in Texas are rumors it happens. I've never been denied buying any combinations I wanted. There is talk that IF they bring back the All or Nothing game, they will have strict limits on the number of tickets per combination, possibly lowering the jackpot as well.

Wouldn't surprise me if there are limits, that has gotten pretty standard for set payout Pick 3 and Pick 4 games.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                      u$a
                      United States
                      Member #106665
                      February 22, 2011
                      19771 Posts
                      Posted: June 14, 2013, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

No Nod

Let it Snow Snowman

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                        Winning makes me smile.
                        bel air maryland
                        United States
                        Member #90251
                        April 24, 2010
                        4862 Posts
                        Posted: June 15, 2013, 1:46 am - IP Logged

Absolutely not!!! There has been 21 quads in 16,646 draws in Md.  Pretty small percentage. 0.126% to be exact. What are

they worried about? IMO, whenever they cutoff a # they are denying people a chance to win.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Dallas, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #4549
                          May 2, 2004
                          1684 Posts
                          Posted: June 15, 2013, 8:54 am - IP Logged

In Ga, the payout limit on each of these... Cash 3, Cash 4, Georgia 5, is 10 Million Dollars...

A 10 million dollar limit on any combo would mean that combo could be sold 40,000 times for a single draw.

Sherita's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                            Vtracs is My Game!
                            Georgia
                            United States
                            Member #3617
                            February 6, 2004
                            7416 Posts
                            Posted: June 15, 2013, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

A 10 million dollar limit on any combo would mean that combo could be sold 40,000 times for a single draw.

Payout limit and Play limits are not the same.

Cash 3, 20,000, $1 str plays (play limit) would pay out $10 million (Payout limit)

$500 x 20,000= $10,000,000

Cash 4, 2000, $1 str plays (play limit) would pay out $10 million

(Payout limit)

$5000 x 2000= $10,000,000

Ga 5, 1000, $1 str plays( play limit) would payout $10 million

(Payout limit)

$10,000 x 1000= $10,000,000

Congrats To All Winners and Posters!

LurkingWe are all in it to win!  My Pet numbers 103,724,152,397,189,118,205.

Ga Lottery Player!

Hot-Due-Cold. Short Sums/Last Digit Sum. Pairs. Vtracs. Vtrac Pairs. SUM OF VTRACS CHART.

Don't forget to FLIP 6/9 in all WORKOUTS!  66=99=69. Vtracs Code sheets available....

elkton, maryland
                              United States
                              Member #85565
                              January 18, 2010
                              1028 Posts
                              Posted: June 15, 2013, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

The issue is you can play a number for years and 1 day you go to play that same number you are told it is cutoff and comes out.In this case everyone should know the limit and be able to be kept abreast of the amount being bet on each number daily.