Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Thoughts on states that do not have live drawings

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 3 years ago by onlymoney.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
dager's avatar - vampireteeth100x98
New Orleans
United States
Member #143282
May 29, 2013
36 Posts
Posted: June 17, 2013, 10:09 am - IP Logged

Louisiana for instance has not conducted live drawings since 1998 claiming live drawings cost too much money, and it is less secure.

Their official answer to why they did away with live drawings is "The Lottery's need to soundly manage its operating costs outweighs the entertainment value that live drawings provide"

They also don't publish their pre-tests.

What other states are like this?  Does anyone really think it matters whether they have live drawings or not?

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
    Winning makes me smile.
    bel air maryland
    United States
    Member #90251
    April 24, 2010
    4870 Posts
    Posted: June 17, 2013, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

Louisiana for instance has not conducted live drawings since 1998 claiming live drawings cost too much money, and it is less secure.

Their official answer to why they did away with live drawings is "The Lottery's need to soundly manage its operating costs outweighs the entertainment value that live drawings provide"

They also don't publish their pre-tests.

What other states are like this?  Does anyone really think it matters whether they have live drawings or not?

Go to results in the blue bar on top. On the drop down menu, click on state lottery report card, also click on help eliminate computerized drawings. Yes, it matters.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: June 18, 2013, 1:07 am - IP Logged

I would think what they are saving in 'operating costs' (as if they couldn't afford to broadcast live dawings) they are losing in trust.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7310 Posts
        Posted: June 18, 2013, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

I would think what they are saving in 'operating costs' (as if they couldn't afford to broadcast live dawings) they are losing in trust.

The Kentucky Lottery came up with a unique way to cut operating costs and still show the live drawing. For security purposes they taped all the drawings so they simply offer that by live streaming via the Internet. After the numbers are drawn, two auditors holding clip boards will verify the results and one of them will announce and repeat the winning numbers.

It turned out to be a low cost improvement because the Midday drawings are live streamed too.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
          u$a
          United States
          Member #106665
          February 22, 2011
          19797 Posts
          Posted: June 18, 2013, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

i say NO it don't matter Smash

Let it Snow Snowman

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
            Oklahoma
            United States
            Member #82391
            November 12, 2009
            6290 Posts
            Posted: June 18, 2013, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

Oklahoma state games are all computer generated. It makes it hard to play the Cash 5 & Pick 3&4.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
              Member #128790
              June 2, 2012
              5431 Posts
              Posted: June 18, 2013, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

Oklahoma state games are all computer generated. It makes it hard to play the Cash 5 & Pick 3&4.

So how does it work in a computerized state? No balls, no chambers, so what gives?

Is there a guy or gal who pushes this big red button and the digital numbers pop up individually on some screen? lol

"LIVE" Drawing must be correct, some LIVE person hit the button. Green laugh

But back to the machines. lol 

Ok, it's a wrap everyone, except that tonight is our turn to perform 9 post tests just to make sure the machine will work properly tomorrow.

I say we have a county commissioner's meeting to elevate the number of times lottery officials do a pre test, just to make extra sure. How about 12?

This way, when a machine does actually break during one of those 12 pre and post tests, we can proudly claim that our method served it's purpose. We caught the breakdown red handed people!!!!    SEE? It worked !   I'm fully aware of my decision, I admit I encouraged the breakdown of the machines, but let's not talk about that. Instead of the machine's intended rate of usage, I sped up the machine's demise by encouraging friction, wear and tear, and final breakdown. lol