Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is your clerk careless when tearing scratch-off tickets?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 3 years ago by RedStang.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
California
United States
Member #112364
June 17, 2011
661 Posts
Posted: June 26, 2013, 3:13 am - IP Logged

More often than not, part of the ticket is torn apart when I buy from a clerk. This could be problematic if I buy smallest size ticket. And this is part of the reason why I prefer to buy from a self service machine.

Boston, MA
    United States
    Member #134899
    November 9, 2012
    93 Posts
    Posted: June 26, 2013, 11:45 am - IP Logged

More often than not, part of the ticket is torn apart when I buy from a clerk. This could be problematic if I buy smallest size ticket. And this is part of the reason why I prefer to buy from a self service machine.

It happend to me once. It was a $50 winner but with the way she tore it, small part of the bar code stuck to the next tik. I realized this when I came home, when I went back to store, it was gone..First time it happend to me.

Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #109275
      April 9, 2011
      1495 Posts
      Posted: June 26, 2013, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

Here is PA, they can still manually cash it with the hidden long code under the scratch area. I never really had a problem. I have seen it worse in machines where people change out tickets and forget to change the cut length in the machine when going from one size to another. I have also seen it work in your favor where the cut length should be 4 inches and its larger(if they went from a $20 to a $2 ticket in the slot) and you end up with 2-3 for the price of 1 :)

kaseydia's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg

United States
        Member #57795
        January 19, 2008
        188 Posts
        Posted: July 2, 2013, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

Do you get quite a few winners from self service machines?

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
          California
          United States
          Member #112364
          June 17, 2011
          661 Posts
          Posted: July 10, 2013, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

Do you get quite a few winners from self service machines?

Yes. I do get quite a few winners. The last $2 Lucky for Life winner bought it from a vending machine.

United States
            Member #124493
            March 14, 2012
            7023 Posts
            Posted: July 11, 2013, 12:11 am - IP Logged

i think clerks are just careless "in general".

Another problem you see is that a lot of winning lottery tickets go unclaimed.

Therefore most lottery players are also careless players.

When a careless clerk sees a careless player, boy I think some fireworks go off.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
              NY
              United States
              Member #121961
              January 21, 2012
              3157 Posts
              Posted: July 13, 2013, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

Never had a clerk problem, but one time i wanted 4 of the same tickets from the machine and pressed the button 4 times fast. Stood there in shock as the machine was cutting the tickets in half and i could'nt stop it. Got lucky the scratch area was on the bottom.