Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you forget to ask for the Multiplier or Powerplay on a ticket do you still buy that one?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Artist77.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: June 26, 2013, 9:28 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

Just curious if you are buying a MM or PB ticket and you forgot to say you wanted it with the Multiplier or Powerplay do you still buy the ticket that was just printed out? If you buy that mistake ticket do you ever take those same numbers and play again using the Multiplier or Powerplay option. Last night at a gas station I made the mistake of not saying MM with Multiplier but still bought the mistake ticket. When I left I was wondering if I should have just bought another ticket with the same numbers using the multiplier. Since I play hoping to win the other prizes (knowing that it really is impossible to win the jackpot) it just made me think that if I won a lower prize it could have been more if I had the Multiplier option on it.  If it happens again will just play those same numbers on another ticket with the MM or PB option.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19821 Posts
    Posted: June 26, 2013, 11:23 am - IP Logged

You don't have the option of refusing to buy a MM or PB ticket you ordered if the clerk didn't make the mistake because those tickets can't be canceled, only tickets for local games can be canceled.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #129225
      June 13, 2012
      546 Posts
      Posted: June 26, 2013, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

Just curious if you are buying a MM or PB ticket and you forgot to say you wanted it with the Multiplier or Powerplay do you still buy the ticket that was just printed out? If you buy that mistake ticket do you ever take those same numbers and play again using the Multiplier or Powerplay option. Last night at a gas station I made the mistake of not saying MM with Multiplier but still bought the mistake ticket. When I left I was wondering if I should have just bought another ticket with the same numbers using the multiplier. Since I play hoping to win the other prizes (knowing that it really is impossible to win the jackpot) it just made me think that if I won a lower prize it could have been more if I had the Multiplier option on it.  If it happens again will just play those same numbers on another ticket with the MM or PB option.

Of course I would take the ticket especially since it was "my mistake" by not asking for the multiplier.  I would never leave a store stuck with a ticket!

East of Columbus, OH
        United States
        Member #120843
        December 28, 2011
        447 Posts
        Posted: June 26, 2013, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

I don't ever ask for the Powerplay or Multiplier, so its not an issue for me.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: June 26, 2013, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

Heck yeah...I'd be sick if I had the opportunity to purchase a ticket and for whatever reason I didnt buy it and it won....whether it was my mistake or not..

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #94283
            July 17, 2010
            2284 Posts
            Posted: June 26, 2013, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

If I were to buy a duplicate ticket, I'd change the red/yellow number so I'd have another chance to win the big one.  I'd probably not buy the multiplier on this one either.  If the first 5 match, you'd have 2 winning tickets worth $500K.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
              Member #121745
              January 16, 2012
              4786 Posts
              Posted: June 26, 2013, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

If you forget, then it is your fault and you should still be made to buy the ticket. I use slips so I check the multiplier always.

J'aime La France.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19821 Posts
                Posted: June 27, 2013, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

I don't ever ask for the Powerplay or Multiplier, so its not an issue for me.

Even though I always make out play slips exactly as I want my tickets printed and never mark Powerplay or Megaplier, the clerks always tell me they has to ask if I want it before printing the tickets

Evil Looking       

NY
                  United States
                  Member #23835
                  October 16, 2005
                  3474 Posts
                  Posted: June 27, 2013, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

Even though I always make out play slips exactly as I want my tickets printed and never mark Powerplay or Megaplier, the clerks always tell me they has to ask if I want it before printing the tickets

Maybe it's because of all those players who asked for tickets and then wouldn't buy them because they forgot to ask for what they wanted.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                    Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2747 Posts
                    Posted: June 27, 2013, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

I would just take the ticket without the Powerplay/Multiplier and walk away. It was not the fault of the store clerk, right? And I certainly would not spend more money buying the same ticket with the Multiplier or Powerplay because I am never that confident on my numbers anyway.

That money's gone fo ever

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: June 27, 2013, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

I would take the ticket and then flip over the Cheezy Poofs rack on the way out.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19821 Posts
                        Posted: June 28, 2013, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

Maybe it's because of all those players who asked for tickets and then wouldn't buy them because they forgot to ask for what they wanted.

I think a message pops up on the terminal because they ask if I want the *"kicker" when I play Classic Lotto using play slips too.

* the kicker is a one dollar 6 digit game that can only be played when buying Ohio's Classic Lotto tickets.

Evil Looking       

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                          Member #121745
                          January 16, 2012
                          4786 Posts
                          Posted: June 28, 2013, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

I would take the ticket and then flip over the Cheezy Poofs rack on the way out.

I prefer to flip over the funyons.

J'aime La France.