Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

is there any scenario where you as a winner would shut out family from your winnings?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Lucky Loser.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4108 Posts
Posted: June 26, 2013, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

What would be some of the reasons?
For me: illegal Drugs is at the top of the list. Alcoholism is right up there as well, especially when help is provided and turned down.

United States
    Member #130815
    July 25, 2012
    1636 Posts
    Posted: June 26, 2013, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

For me: illegal Drugs is at the top of the list. Alcoholism is right up there as well, especially when help is provided and turned down.

I have a half brother who had a drug problem....I havent talked to him since our dad died in 2000, so I dont know if he cleaned up went back to jail or is even alive for that matter, Im sure Id find out though if I did win...but my other brother and two sisters we've all remained close over the years so they would get something 

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: June 26, 2013, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! That and any type of mental instability, including passive aggressive behavior.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19828 Posts
        Posted: June 27, 2013, 11:05 am - IP Logged

I've never imaged a scenario where a relative, even a sibling should feel obligated to share their winnings or any other wealth with me so I would probably feel the same.  I don't see not giving money to relatives as shutting them out especially if they are capable of supporting themselves.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
          Texas
          United States
          Member #86154
          January 30, 2010
          1649 Posts
          Posted: June 27, 2013, 11:41 am - IP Logged

This should be analyzed on a case-by-case basis in my opinion. There are those members who don't know the value of money and only waste it. They don't know how to budget and make it work to resolve issues while still retaining a percentage of it for a "rainy day". If a person knows that one, or, some of their members are substance abusers and they still hand them over even a small chunk of money "just because"...then you're hurting more than helping.

That money could've done a lot more good in the right hands where you can actually "see" it being productive. As such, those members knowing how to properly use money and make it work should be supported in what ever way needed. For me, this is about sowing seeds...when you plant in good soil, you'll see a very good return. If you plant in clay, well....

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living