Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick3 and Pick4 and Series

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 3 years ago by bobby623.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
Park City, UT
United States
Member #69864
January 18, 2009
993 Posts
Posted: June 26, 2013, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

LotSoftPro has the concept of series where it would track n-sequence of digits for hits.  Has this been discussed before on Lottery Post?

For the next draw some of these n-sequence digits will continue with a hit and others will stop.  Tracked individually they are just indicating 1 digit or more but has any research been done on tracking these n-sequences as a group or by the individual digit skip counts within the n-sequence.  Hope my question makes sense.  I have always thought their was something that can be done with these but could never quite wrap it up into an algorithm.

Does anyone have thoughts on the subject?

Thanks

Jimmy

United States
    Member #116344
    September 8, 2011
    3928 Posts
    Posted: June 26, 2013, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

LotSoftPro has the concept of series where it would track n-sequence of digits for hits.  Has this been discussed before on Lottery Post?

For the next draw some of these n-sequence digits will continue with a hit and others will stop.  Tracked individually they are just indicating 1 digit or more but has any research been done on tracking these n-sequences as a group or by the individual digit skip counts within the n-sequence.  Hope my question makes sense.  I have always thought their was something that can be done with these but could never quite wrap it up into an algorithm.

Thanks

Jimmy

check http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/260665, it may help

Park City, UT
      United States
      Member #69864
      January 18, 2009
      993 Posts
      Posted: June 26, 2013, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the link, I glossed over it quickly so I might have mis-understood but I don't think this is the Series that I was thinking about.

The Series I am thinking about is say the series 1234 has a hit count of 30 for the last 30 pick3 draws.  What this means is that this series 1234 has had at least 1 number match the last 30 draws.  I believe there are 210 4 digit series.  You can rank them from top to bottom.  For the next draw some will continue with a hit and others will stop.  Has anyone done any analysis on the entire 210 sets of numbers to see if there is a pattern to the ones that hit and the ones that stop so that you can take the intersection of the ones either most likely to hit or the ones most likely to stop to predict the next draw?

Thanks

Jimmy

United States
        Member #116344
        September 8, 2011
        3928 Posts
        Posted: June 26, 2013, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the link, I glossed over it quickly so I might have mis-understood but I don't think this is the Series that I was thinking about.

The Series I am thinking about is say the series 1234 has a hit count of 30 for the last 30 pick3 draws.  What this means is that this series 1234 has had at least 1 number match the last 30 draws.  I believe there are 210 4 digit series.  You can rank them from top to bottom.  For the next draw some will continue with a hit and others will stop.  Has anyone done any analysis on the entire 210 sets of numbers to see if there is a pattern to the ones that hit and the ones that stop so that you can take the intersection of the ones either most likely to hit or the ones most likely to stop to predict the next draw?

Thanks

Jimmy

I thought this might help. Take any draw set between 0 thru 3( ie 000,123,103 ....333) and test the $String 7864, meaning most draw set 0-3 brings the string 7864(elements are positional), valid for p4 and p5.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
          San Angelo, Texas
          United States
          Member #1097
          January 31, 2003
          1394 Posts
          Posted: June 30, 2013, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

Thanks

Jimmy

Jimmy

I think I know what you are asking.
          I evaluate several 'n-sequences' everytime I choose specific numbers/digits for the games I play.
          I'm not sure there is one single formula, or algorithm, that can be relied on in all situations.
          Specifically, I've found, via my substitution workout, that using the 'last four' digits, or the 'last three'  to guess what the 'next' digit
          might be doesn't provide enough information to work with.
          Or, in some situations, too much information!
          The problem is that I have a completely different way of tracking lotteries.
          What I do won't make much sense to folks who are using traditional methods.
          I'm not making a judgment. Players can choose whatever method or strategy they find useful, but, overall, I suggest that maybe
          folks who use a workout or a strategy to guide their playing activities are taking on too much.
          In other words, I think breaking a lottery down into multiple parts for analysis can be a better method.
          Of course, I realize I stand alone.
          Folks who have devoted tons of time and mental energy into a particular method aren't likely to set it aside and
          do something different.
          In the coming days, I'm going to post some examples of what a 'substitution' workout looks like.
          I'm going to put special emphasis on the 'n-sequences' and how I use them to choose numbers to play.
          Perhaps someone who is proficient in developing/generating algorithms will jump in and help, or not.

BTW Thanks again for the search tool you sent.
          I'll demonstrate how I use it with my workouts.
          Bobby

San Angelo, Texas
            United States
            Member #1097
            January 31, 2003
            1394 Posts
            Posted: June 30, 2013, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy

I think I know what you are asking.
            I evaluate several 'n-sequences' everytime I choose specific numbers/digits for the games I play.
            I'm not sure there is one single formula, or algorithm, that can be relied on in all situations.
            Specifically, I've found, via my substitution workout, that using the 'last four' digits, or the 'last three'  to guess what the 'next' digit
            might be doesn't provide enough information to work with.
            Or, in some situations, too much information!
            The problem is that I have a completely different way of tracking lotteries.
            What I do won't make much sense to folks who are using traditional methods.
            I'm not making a judgment. Players can choose whatever method or strategy they find useful, but, overall, I suggest that maybe
            folks who use a workout or a strategy to guide their playing activities are taking on too much.
            In other words, I think breaking a lottery down into multiple parts for analysis can be a better method.
            Of course, I realize I stand alone.
            Folks who have devoted tons of time and mental energy into a particular method aren't likely to set it aside and
            do something different.
            In the coming days, I'm going to post some examples of what a 'substitution' workout looks like.
            I'm going to put special emphasis on the 'n-sequences' and how I use them to choose numbers to play.
            Perhaps someone who is proficient in developing/generating algorithms will jump in and help, or not.

BTW Thanks again for the search tool you sent.
            I'll demonstrate how I use it with my workouts.
            Bobby

Substitution works!

Just about every lottery player using a system or workout to guide their activities encounters
            'n-sequence' data strings of one form or another.

Usually, the challenge is to evaluate the 'endings' and try to use them to guess what the 'next'
            digit might be.
            The next digit being the lottery number to play.
            While I'm certain there is a mathmatical solution, I've yet to find a formula or process that
            will provide correct answers in a majority of cases.

The best solution and the one I follow is to organize the facts and then use intuition, experience, and other  human (brain matter)  qualities to choose specific numbers to play.

My assumptions are often correct, but my win/loss record is nothing to brag about.

The workout begins by substituting winning lottery numbers with other numbers.

For example, in my Texas Daily 4 game, lottery digit '5' is '1A', '9' is '2A' and '1' is '3A'
            This is a fixed conversion governed by a 'key.'

Substitution table:

5, 9, 1 = 1A, 2A, 3A
            6, 8, 7 = 4B, 5B, 6B
            4, 3, 2, 0 = 7C, 8C, 9C, 0R

Here is the data arrangement used for choosing numbers to play for the 062313 Daily 4  drawing.

a     b       c    d   
            41   1A     7    5       15  4B  1  6     19  7C    2  4      30  0R 29  0
              2   2A    19   9       25  5B  5  8       2  8C  16  3
            43   3A      *   1       55  6B  6  7     11  9C    3  2 

a - from tracking charts showing the number of times an item has come up in the
            workout since 010612.

b - key assignment  for lottery number.

c - from tracking charts showing the gap/skip for the key assignment.
            Example: 1A has missed 7 consecutive opportunities, 2A has missed 19 opportunties,
            3A was the last 'A' logged, as indicated by an asterisk.

d - lottery number assignment according to a key.

USAGE

According to 'n-sequences' in other tracking charts, the 'next' winning 'structure' could be
            a 'triple', or, specifically, 'BBB'.

Note: Triple in this instance is NOT repeat NOT a lottery combination with same digit
            repeated 3 times.

The task at hand is to choose three lottery numbers from the  "B"  group, which is an automatic
            choice given that there are only three choices - 6, 8, 7.

Other tracking charts suggest that of the three possibilities, structure
            "A687" would be the best choice.

Or, depending on how much money a player wants to spend, all three structures (A687,
            C687, R687)  could be played.

The task at this point is choosing a lottery number from the 'A' group.

There are 3 possibilties.

3A has been the most popular and was the last 'A'  in the tracking chart. Will it repeat?
            2A has missed 19 opportunities and is 'due'
            1A has been popular.

Referring to the 'C' group.
            '0R' is the most popular, followed by '7C'
            '8C' has been 'out' the longest, missing 16 consecutive opportunities.

In this instance, the fourth winning digit came from the 'A' group.

The exact sequence would be based on 'other' tracking charts.

5687, 9687, 1687 or other combinations.

What is your choice??

While using inventory totals and 'times out' data is sufficient in choosing winning
            lottery numbers, additional analysis is helpful.

This about to get a little more complex.

FACTS

GA
            313 - 3322133223
              13 - 3121331123222212123323332133223233233332221221233
                3 - 1/67  2/62  3/58

FA
            122 - 322322131231
              22 - 313233231333311221323311333122231331
                2 - 1/51  2/52  3/68

F/G

Note: The next digits in the sub-strings were determined by using a search tool
            developed by Jimmy.
            I entered a complete string and then asked the tool to scan for specific n-sequences.
            The results are as shown.

EXPLANATIONS

GA - Group A
            313 - last 3 digits in a string generated without regard to lottery number position in winning
            combinations since 010612. There are several hundred digits in the overall string.

(N-sequences for strings generated by lottery number position are different)

13 - last 2 digits in the string.

3 - the last digit in the string.

OBSERVATIONS

1. N-sequence 313 has come up ten times with the 'next' digits as shown.
            2. N-sequence 13 has come up 50 times with the next or third digits as shown.
            3. The last digit in the whole string is '3'
            A breakdown in a 3x3 matrix shows 3.1 has come up 67 times, 3.2 62  times and 3.3 58 times.

FA - Followers for GA

OBSERVATIONS

1. n-sequence 122 has come up 12 times with the next  digits as shown.
            2. n-sequence 22 has come up 36 times with the next digits as shown.
            3. The last digit in the string is '2'.
            A breadown in a 3x3 matrix shows 2.1 has come up 51 times, 2.2 52 times and 2.3 68 times.

F/G is a scale.
            For example, if the next digit chosen in the FA group is '2', the next GA digit is '1'

Thus FA 2 equals GA 1, which is 1A.
            1A equals lottery number '5'

Thus the final combination based on structure ABBB is "5687"

The winning combination was "8765", which showed up on June 29 Night drawing.

To answer the obvious question - When I decide to base my lottery combination
            on a 'triple structure,' I usually keep it in play until that particular structure arrives.

In this instance, I chose '2A' , lottery number '9' and missed winning $100 by one number!

HELP NEEDED

I sure would appreciate it if someone could assist me in finding a good method for
            determining the 'next' digit in those 'last 3' and 'last 2' sub-strings.

I usually rely on visual analysis, or construct additional charts.

This is important because the next digits selected from the sub-strings determines
            which lottery numbers will be played.

I realize that the absence of  "other strings" distorts this posting, but this is not the
            time nor place to describe the complete workout.

Thanks for your interest.

San Angelo, Texas
              United States
              Member #1097
              January 31, 2003
              1394 Posts
              Posted: June 30, 2013, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Thanks

Jimmy

Jimmy

Substitution Structures

You (generic) have to start somewhere!

I think it goes without saying that every lottery player bases his choices on some kind
              of formal or informal structure.

Additionally, some players maintain various tracking charts whereby they can determine which
              structures are hot, warm, cold or lost in the woods.

We all know that there are 1000 combinations in a pick 3 game and 5000 combinations in a pick 4 game.

Tracking individual combinations is, in my view, for what it's worth, a nearly impossible task when done with a paper and pencil workout.

Players fortunate enough to have an "App" that tracks events electronically have an edge, but, again in my view, there are just too many possibilities.

Besides, trying to predict exactly what the next winning combination will be is a hopeless cause.

However, if one believes that 'trends' can foretell which combination has best chance of
              coming up in the next few drawings, substitution is something to consider.

According to the substitution workout I use, there are 35 Box structures in a Pick 4 game.
              Additionally, there are 256 straight structures.

For example.

Structure 1111 equals 1a, 1b, 1c and 1r, equals ABCR or 15 other arrangements having one A,
              one B, one C and one R.

Structure 2200 equals, in ABCR order, two As, two Bs, no Cs and no R. or AABB which has 15 additional variations.

Structure 2110 equals, in ABCR order, two As, 1 B, 1 C or no R. or AABC, which has 15 additional
              variations.

Structure 0211 equals, in ABCR order, no A, two Bs, one C and one R, or BBCR, or 15  additional
              variations.

ETC ETC

Again, there are 35 Box structures which can be rearranged to form 256 straight
              structures, which, in turn, can be rearranged to represent 5000 number combinations.

In Texas Daily 4 game, structures 1111, 2110 1210 and 1120 seem to come up almost twice as
              often as the other 32 structures.

But, tracking 35 different structures is a chore.

The solution is to break the structure list into smaller groups, and track them separately.

I have 7 groups.

1. Singles
              2. Double A
              3. Double B
              4. Double C
              5. Double R
              6. Double Doubles
              7. Triples/Quads

Groups 2, 3, 4 and 5 show up far more often than any other group.
              Therefore, these are combined and tracked as a single entity.

The n-sequence Follower string has four digits, 1,2,3 and 4.

The current n-sequence that I use to choose which Double could come up next has 87
              digits:

12422321212312131221324313233111332333222231223441141112124311311112124211424322

It sure would be nice if a mathmetician reading this post could advise me on what procedures
              I could use to determine what the 'next digit' might be.

If the digit is 3, for example, then I would determine which Double to choose by counting 3 places
              up a separate but asssociated string from a tracking chart.

In this instance, a 3 equals Double A.
              Referring to the tracking data for Group 2, I might choose 2110 (AABC), 2101 (AABR) or 2011 (AACR).

The current Inventory for the three possibilities are:

2110 - 75
              2110 - 14
              2011 - 24

I would no doubt choose to play a combination based on Structure 2110.

Thanks for your interest.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                United States
                Member #4924
                June 3, 2004
                5913 Posts
                Posted: July 1, 2013, 7:57 am - IP Logged

Thanks

Jimmy

Are you thinking strings?  String 1,4,5,9 has at least 1 of those digits for the last 37 draws. The string will break if one of those digits are not drawn, next draw. I have never seen anything about the skips within the strings.

Park City, UT
                  United States
                  Member #69864
                  January 18, 2009
                  993 Posts
                  Posted: July 1, 2013, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

Are you thinking strings?  String 1,4,5,9 has at least 1 of those digits for the last 37 draws. The string will break if one of those digits are not drawn, next draw. I have never seen anything about the skips within the strings.

Yes this is what I am talking about.  I assume Ricky put this into LotSoftPro based on someone's input.  Has anyone done any analysis on the usefulness of this information?  A single Series by itself might not be that useful but what about a group of series?  Anyway I'm probably not being that helpful, I just always thought I could do something with this information and was maybe looking for someone to jumpstart me in a certain direction.  After each draw either an individual series will increment or will be reset to bottom with a series length of zero.  Just thinking out loud.

Jimmy

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                    Stone Mountain*Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #828
                    November 2, 2002
                    10491 Posts
                    Posted: July 1, 2013, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

Thanks

Jimmy

I came up with the concept along with the word "Strings" years ago. It was later incorporated into Lotsoft for us by our friend Paurths. It started off using 2 and 3 digit strings.  In the latest version of Lotsoft the Length of the Strings was increased to 4 and 5 ....and even 6 digit strings.

I can't remember exactly what or when over the last 10 or 11 years here at LP that particular subject your asking about was discussed.... but I'm pretty sure it was.

Seems that my slant on it at the time may have had to do with "GATES" .....not Bill ...but like in HORSE RACING. LOL   Tracking each Gate. 

Tracking the specific Gate that repeat digits came from. It used a code system of 6 digits total.  Two digits per position...or Gate A,B,or C

1+2 position A.      3+4 B.  or  5+6 C.  Two for each position.

Each coded digit would represent  a certain drawn digit with-in the winning draw .....that repeated or not in the next up coming draw.     

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

San Angelo, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #1097
                      January 31, 2003
                      1394 Posts
                      Posted: July 1, 2013, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

It appears I misuderstood what Jimmy was looking for.
                      As a result, I presented a lot of information that apparently doesn't interest folks who are
                      analyzing lotteries using traditional methods.
                      I guess I was thinking that maybe there are folks who want to try something different.

Guess not!

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                        Stone Mountain*Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #828
                        November 2, 2002
                        10491 Posts
                        Posted: July 1, 2013, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

As a result, I presented a lot of information that apparently doesn't interest folks who are
                        I guess I was thinking that maybe there are folks who want to try something different.

Guess not!

Not at all Bobby.... that was just our take on what Jimmy MAY have been asking about. We are probably off subject as well. Who knows until Jimmy fills us in some more.

It's just that he started off asking something to do with LOTSOFT specifically....and because Carbob and myself were contributors to that Software.... that's why we presumed that was what his interest concerned. A Lotsoft aspect. 

Always interested in analyzing new methods for sure....that's the name of the LP game. LOL   

Oh, by the way you said P3 had 1000 combo's up there...and P4 had 5000.  Of course you ment 10,000 combos in P-4 . Just so neebee's don't confuse it. 

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

Florida
                          United States
                          Member #66575
                          October 30, 2008
                          3549 Posts
                          Posted: July 1, 2013, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

This string broke today - Mid   6286 .. Very interesting . approx 300 dollars profit, playing boxed ..

Thanks Carbob

Park City, UT
                            United States
                            Member #69864
                            January 18, 2009
                            993 Posts
                            Posted: July 2, 2013, 2:46 am - IP Logged

Guess not!

I am not dis-interested in your system but to be truthfully honest I just don't understand it.  I'm sure it makes sense to you, but it doesn't to me.  I'm sure if we meet in person and you explained your concepts I could probably follow along but message boards are not necassarily the best medium for explaining complex systems that may seem second nature to you.

I personally am a big picture kind of guy and if I don't understand the big picture its hard for me to go from point A to any intermediate step on my way to point B.  But that's just me.

Jimmy

Park City, UT
                              United States
                              Member #69864
                              January 18, 2009
                              993 Posts
                              Posted: July 2, 2013, 3:11 am - IP Logged

Not at all Bobby.... that was just our take on what Jimmy MAY have been asking about. We are probably off subject as well. Who knows until Jimmy fills us in some more.

It's just that he started off asking something to do with LOTSOFT specifically....and because Carbob and myself were contributors to that Software.... that's why we presumed that was what his interest concerned. A Lotsoft aspect. 

Always interested in analyzing new methods for sure....that's the name of the LP game. LOL   

Oh, by the way you said P3 had 1000 combo's up there...and P4 had 5000.  Of course you ment 10,000 combos in P-4 . Just so neebee's don't confuse it. 

Thanks for the reply Win D.  I thought it was probably something you or CARBOB had input about.  I was just wanting to know the background of the concept and how people where using it and you provided the information.  It seems like interesting information to track but have not found an interesting way to use it.

Jimmy