Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Club in USA

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 3 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #126230
April 5, 2012
256 Posts
Posted: June 27, 2013, 11:46 am - IP Logged

Hi,

Any one belong to a lottery club in the US?

Trying to find new info - LP has a lot of older posts on this subject.

Personally, I never heard of these...

Thanks,

Lucky

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19831 Posts
    Posted: June 27, 2013, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

What's the difference between a lottery club and a lottery pool?  Over the years LP news has had a few stories about lottery pools but I only remember reading one about a lottery club.

I never belonged to a lottery club but before I retired I was a member of several lottery pools where I worked.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #124493
      March 14, 2012
      7023 Posts
      Posted: June 27, 2013, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

What's the difference between a lottery club and a lottery pool?  Over the years LP news has had a few stories about lottery pools but I only remember reading one about a lottery club.

I never belonged to a lottery club but before I retired I was a member of several lottery pools where I worked.

I think in a lottery club you get a free t-shirt and use logic reason and mathematics to play smartpicks.Smash

People also play more consistently and intelligently (also less greedily) with reasonable division of labor.

In a lottery pool, nobody wants to do any work, you only wait till the jackpot is astronomical (or becoming so) and you get dumbpicks.Puke

Thinking of...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: June 27, 2013, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

I think in a lottery club you get a free t-shirt and use logic reason and mathematics to play smartpicks.Smash

People also play more consistently and intelligently (also less greedily) with reasonable division of labor.

In a lottery pool, nobody wants to do any work, you only wait till the jackpot is astronomical (or becoming so) and you get dumbpicks.Puke

Thinking of...

You make it sounds like if one wants to play with a group then a lottery club is the better way to go.  I now play alone and have all the advantages of a club except for the free t-shirt.

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #124493
          March 14, 2012
          7023 Posts
          Posted: June 27, 2013, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

You make it sounds like if one wants to play with a group then a lottery club is the better way to go.  I now play alone and have all the advantages of a club except for the free t-shirt.

A lottery club would be also a group of people trying to master random and get rich.

I would go out on a limb and say a lottery club is a group of people interested in the game.

A lottery pool would just be a group of people trying to get rich who dont really have any interest in the game at all.

In a pool generally the only one who is interested in the game is the person who collects the money.  Everybody else is just interested in winning, and only cough up dough when the greed factor kicks in.  The one who collects the money also buys the tickets and generally is the only person who does the work of the pool.

One is the lonliest club that you ever did see.

Its all about the free t-shirt RJ!!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19831 Posts
            Posted: June 27, 2013, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

A lottery club would be also a group of people trying to master random and get rich.

I would go out on a limb and say a lottery club is a group of people interested in the game.

A lottery pool would just be a group of people trying to get rich who dont really have any interest in the game at all.

In a pool generally the only one who is interested in the game is the person who collects the money.  Everybody else is just interested in winning, and only cough up dough when the greed factor kicks in.  The one who collects the money also buys the tickets and generally is the only person who does the work of the pool.

Its all about the free t-shirt RJ!!!

True but when I win I'm glad it's the loneliest club that I ever did see, a split of one is easier.

Evil Looking