Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Whoa...I buy my tickets from this clerk...

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 3 years ago by redhot7.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #115803
August 28, 2011
127 Posts
Posted: June 27, 2013, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

Imagine my surprise to see a familiar face on the local news tonight.

One of the clerks who sells me tickets all the time was busted for lottery fraud. Lottery investigators presented a scratch off that was worth $10,000. She told them it was a $20 winner, and then tried to collect the $10K later on.

I always check the tickets myself on the self-scanner and never rely on what a clerk says. But still, it was a little surprising to see this woman on the news!

Additionally, it looks like the sting was in May 2012, but she still works there. I'm surprised that she's allowed to continue handling lottery tickets?

(Actually, I have always assumed that she's one of the owners. It has always appeared to me to be a family run place - the only employees are a man, this woman, and 2 younger girls. I have always assumed they are related.)

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/22707933/imagine-winning-the-lottery-and-never-seeing-a-dime

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: June 27, 2013, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

Imagine my surprise to see a familiar face on the local news tonight.

One of the clerks who sells me tickets all the time was busted for lottery fraud. Lottery investigators presented a scratch off that was worth $10,000. She told them it was a $20 winner, and then tried to collect the $10K later on.

I always check the tickets myself on the self-scanner and never rely on what a clerk says. But still, it was a little surprising to see this woman on the news!

Additionally, it looks like the sting was in May 2012, but she still works there. I'm surprised that she's allowed to continue handling lottery tickets?

(Actually, I have always assumed that she's one of the owners. It has always appeared to me to be a family run place - the only employees are a man, this woman, and 2 younger girls. I have always assumed they are related.)

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/22707933/imagine-winning-the-lottery-and-never-seeing-a-dime

The self help scanners in new york dont work well for scratchers.

I dont play many scratchoffs, but some time I cash them in for my mom and I always try to scan them to try and double check. 

The few times I did have scratchers, I was FORCED to give the ticket to the clerk.  The only thing good is that when the clerk does scan it the prize does pop up on the console display.  Those are new gtech machines installed statewide about 4 or 5 years ago I think.

San Diego
      United States
      Member #132745
      September 11, 2012
      35 Posts
      Posted: June 28, 2013, 12:31 am - IP Logged

You should report to the lotter officials that she is still working there.

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
        Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #123290
        February 17, 2012
        3048 Posts
        Posted: June 28, 2013, 12:37 am - IP Logged

Last name PatelWhat?

Oh nooo!! We all know what some L.P. members feel

about clerks with the last name Patel.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
          NY