Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:08 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Strong Lottery Beliefs Rituals Superstitions Lucky Charms?

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Mr-Smith.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #61435
May 22, 2008
908 Posts
Posted: July 6, 2013, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

Okay we all have them...what are yours?

I buy tickets at multiple/many locations in the belief that it increases my odds.  I have travelled out of state and out of local area to buy tickets when the jackpot was over $100,000,000. 

I think buying mostly quickpicks also increases odds, except in play 3 and play 4 where I believe self picks are better.  Who knows...

I keep my tickets stacked in date order of draw (tonights draw on top, future draws below) on top of a few items that I consider to be "good luck charms".  Occasionally I put the "good luck charms" on top of the tickets if I'm feeling really lucky....hahaha 

Most of all I believe that one day I will strike it rich....the small fun I have each day playing waiting for the winning ticket is just part of the process.

Share yours!  This could be interesting...

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #61435
    May 22, 2008
    908 Posts
    Posted: July 6, 2013, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

Is everybody SO superstious they wont post before Sat draws??? lol.......

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: July 6, 2013, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

I used to have them but now it seems the more people dont think they are going to win is when they do win..One I had was I just didnt like going into busy stores and having a line of folks behind me...I just like to walk in pay get my tickets and leave, not be stuck behind someone who is buying white grape cigarillos and winstons in the box but the clerk cant find them then it take them two swipes to pay with their debit card...all the while the line is forming out the door and wanting me to hurry up when its my turn....LOL

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
        Texas Panhandle
        United States
        Member #136843
        December 20, 2012
        1276 Posts
        Posted: July 6, 2013, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

The only one I have is buying tickets w/ mistakes; I try to use a filled in slip, but sometimes I forget them.  Just yesterday I was trying to get a QP on the Texas Lotto, MM and PB and the clerk made mistakes on the TX and PB tickets (no Extra/Power Play like I had told her) and I went ahead and bought them.  I'm not really all that superstitious, but it would be "just my luck" for someone else to hit the JP on those two tickets that were supposed to be mine.

I won $2 on the correct TX ticket f/ tonight - same amt. I paid f/ it.

Romancandle's avatar - moon
          Upacreek
          United States
          Member #136306
          December 8, 2012
          428 Posts
          Posted: July 7, 2013, 12:21 am - IP Logged

Interesting... I think you're no different than most of us.

I have my quirks too; I'll mix it up... totally random, not scientific, but it's fun to dream that maybe someday we'll find a way...Sun Smiley

Good luck BuyLow!

-RC

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10351 Posts
            Posted: July 7, 2013, 1:04 am - IP Logged

BuyLow,

Once or twice a year the tabloids run a Lucky Lotto Pyramid page with numbers and dates and instructions for your sign and a pyramid cutout to keep your tickets under.

There's a current thread in Mystical with lucky numbers and dates. A couple of archived threads may have some instructions, such as Taurus: Keep your tickets wrapped in something red.

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4108 Posts
              Posted: July 7, 2013, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

I buy tickets at multiple/many locations in the belief that it increases my odds.  I have travelled out of state and out of local area to buy tickets when the jackpot was over $100,000,000. 

I think buying mostly quickpicks also increases odds, except in play 3 and play 4 where I believe self picks are better.  Who knows...

I keep my tickets stacked in date order of draw (tonights draw on top, future draws below) on top of a few items that I consider to be "good luck charms".  Occasionally I put the "good luck charms" on top of the tickets if I'm feeling really lucky....hahaha 

Most of all I believe that one day I will strike it rich....the small fun I have each day playing waiting for the winning ticket is just part of the process.

For the most part- l buy my tickets in the next city or town, if l get a hit there l don't have to contend with the locals pointing the finger at " l wonder if so & so won?". That is the method to my madness.

Party

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                Rochester
                United States
                Member #103282
                January 1, 2011
                603 Posts
                Posted: July 7, 2013, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

You got to be in it to win it! Good luck..Smash

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #86154
                  January 30, 2010
                  1649 Posts
                  Posted: July 7, 2013, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

I kinda believe in purchasing "mistake" tickets. Those tickets containing repeat numbers, tickets that the clerks acccidentally overprint, tickets left behind for whatever reason.These are all undesirable for players but, have high potential in my opinion.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                    United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3855 Posts
                    Posted: July 7, 2013, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

Not lottery specific, but if I spill the salt, I do throw some over my shoulder.

Another one, if I'm anticipating something good happening, I don't talk about it, fortunately my wife believes that one also.

I buy mistake tickets when available.

Last but not least, if I find $ or get a tip I call it lucky $ so you know where it goes.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                      Massachusetts
                      United States
                      Member #37433
                      April 14, 2006
                      2747 Posts
                      Posted: July 7, 2013, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

My crazy belief is that the stores nearest me never sell winning scratch tickets. I stopped playing them for that reason. My scratch ticket budget for a year is less than $50 from a high of almost $400 back in 2008. On numbers I have no superstition. I do swallow hard just before I check Mass Cash (5/35) numbers when I skip playing because I have an old set of numbers.

That money's gone fo ever

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                        rekjavik
                        Iceland
                        Member #99537
                        October 27, 2010
                        177 Posts
                        Posted: July 8, 2013, 7:24 am - IP Logged

I agree on the buy at multiple locations I tend to do 2 or 3 depending on the pot amount... Cheers

But I never travel out of my area. I just look around when I'm in a shop to see how many

winning tickes they have sold and then I stick with that store...

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?Patriot