Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Players Are Spending The Average Of $5 A Day On The Lottery $18,250 In 10 Years.

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 3 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
11982 Posts
Posted: July 9, 2013, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

Buy 2 Lottery Tickets. It is OK to dream big!

HOW TO WIN THE LOTTERY BY NOT PLAYING=SAVE YOUR MONEY TO PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY.

OUR REGULAR LOTTERY PROGRAMMING.

1) Playing the lottery more often for less tickets= Buying 1 lottery ticket.

2) Playing the lottery less often for more tickets= Buying multiple lottery tickets.

3) Playing the lottery less often for less tickets= Buying 1 lottery ticket monthly or yearly.

4) Playing the lottery more often for more tickets= Spending more money= Gambling addiction.

I SET A LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT TO MINIMIZE MY LOSSES.

A lottery stop loss limit is very important to be a successful lottery player over the long term.

Feng Shui Lucky Cats.
by Chinese Collectibles

STOP THE LOTTERY INSANITY. LOL

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #121745
    January 16, 2012
    4792 Posts
    Posted: July 9, 2013, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

" Think me not unkind and rude

That I walk alone in grove and glen ,

I  go to the God of the woods

To  fetch  His  word  to men "

" Tax not my sloth that I

Fold my arms beside the brook ,

Each  cloud  that  floated in the sky

Writes a letter in my book "

" Chide me not , laborious band ,

For  the idle flowers I brought ,

Every aster in my hand

Goes  home  loaded  with  a  thought "

" There was never mystery

But  tis '  figured  in  the flowers ,

Was never secret  history

But birds tell  it  in  the  bowers

"  One harvest from thy  field

Homeward brought the  oxen  strong  ,

A second crop thine acres yield

Which I gather in a song "

........... Emerson

Did I miss poetry day?

I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud

By William Wordsworth 1770–1850 William Wordsworth

I wandered lonely as a cloud
    That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
    When all at once I saw a crowd,
    A host, of golden daffodils;
    Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
    Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
    Continuous as the stars that shine
    And twinkle on the milky way,
    They stretched in never-ending line
    Along the margin of a bay:
    Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
    Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
    The waves beside them danced; but they
    Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
    A poet could not but be gay,
    In such a jocund company:
    I gazed—and gazed—but little thought
    What wealth the show to me had brought:
    For oft, when on my couch I lie
    In vacant or in pensive mood,
    They flash upon that inward eye
    Which is the bliss of solitude;
    And then my heart with pleasure fills,
    And dances with the daffodils.

J'aime La France.

NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      11982 Posts
      Posted: July 9, 2013, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

Did I miss poetry day?

I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud

By William Wordsworth 1770–1850 William Wordsworth

I wandered lonely as a cloud
      That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
      When all at once I saw a crowd,
      A host, of golden daffodils;
      Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
      Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
      Continuous as the stars that shine
      And twinkle on the milky way,
      They stretched in never-ending line
      Along the margin of a bay:
      Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
      Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
      The waves beside them danced; but they
      Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
      A poet could not but be gay,
      In such a jocund company:
      I gazed—and gazed—but little thought
      What wealth the show to me had brought:
      For oft, when on my couch I lie
      In vacant or in pensive mood,
      They flash upon that inward eye
      Which is the bliss of solitude;
      And then my heart with pleasure fills,
      And dances with the daffodils.

Tao Te Ching
      Translation, Interpretation and
      Notes by Derek Lin

Chapter 1

The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao
      The name that can be named is not the eternal name
      The nameless is the origin of Heaven and Earth
      The named is the mother of myriad things

Thus, constantly free of desire
      One observes its wonders
      Constantly filled with desire
      One observes its manifestations

These two emerge together but differ in name
      The unity is said to be the mystery
      Mystery of mysteries, the door to all wonders

Interpretation

The Tao that can be completely explained or expressed in words is not the constant, eternally unchanging and true Tao.

If the name of this Tao can be defined with words, then it is not the constant, eternally unchanging name of the true Tao.

Names did not exist prior to Creation. The nameless Tao is therefore the source of the universe.

Once it manifests itself as the physical universe, it can be named. Everything is derived from it through natural processes. It is therefore the mother of all things.

If we approach the Tao without self-serving desires, we can readily observe its inner wonders and marvels. This establishes a direct connection with the source, the vast intelligence of universal consciousness. This gives us flashes of powerful, intuitive insights, as well as free-flowing creativity.

If we approach the Tao full of self-serving desires, then we can only observe its external physical manifestations, rather than its inner essence. These desires block the connection and interfere with the Tao process. We often do this to ourselves.

The Tao's external manifestations (life, nature, the cosmos, and so on) and its inner wonders (oneness, the living void, the flow, etc.) are both properties of the ultimate reality. Although we call them by different names, they are but two sides of the same coin.

This unity of these two aspects gives us an interesting paradox. They seem distinctively different, and yet they lead to one another. Understanding of the Tao's inner essence gives us greater understanding of its outer manifestations, and vice versa.

Our recognition and acknowledgement of this paradox will open the door for us to further explore the infinite wonders of the Tao.

Notes

The Tao that can be spoken (expressed in words)
           Is not the constant (eternal) Tao
           The Name that can be named
           Is not the eternal Name
      The "Nameless Name" - that which existed before there was anything to name - is a synonym for the Tao.

The main idea here is that the Tao is a concept beyond reason and logic. It is the universal principle that permeates every action and every phenomenon, but it cannot be adequately understood through the rational mind. To comprehend it completely, you must exercise your intuition and get in touch with the fundamental divinity that connects everyone.

Lao Tzu is also pointing out the limitation of spoken words and written texts. Our tendencies to categorize, define and analyze only give us the limited understanding of how the Tao acts upon the material world. This is exactly what happens when we study physics, biology, chemistry, and other natural sciences.

On the other hand, if we free ourselves of this limiting human desire to put everything into words, and become aware of our wordless communion with nature, we can catch glimpses of a divine wisdom. Beyond categories, definitions, and analyses, it is wisdom far more profound than anything that academic knowledge, science and technology can offer.

Translation Notes

One translation renders the first line as "The way that can be trodden," which fails to take the above into account. Another translation mistakes "can" as "possible" and waxes poetic about "The possible Tao." That's even further away from the original meaning.

In this context, this character means "ever-lasting." In one instance a translator renders it as "absolute," which is close, but not quite correct.

There are many other erroneous translations of the first line, such as the following:

The Way that can be experienced
      The way that can be followed
      Those who would follow the way

They are erroneous because the second Dao, when used as a verb, can only means to talk, to speak, etc. It can never mean to follow or to experience. Not in modern or ancient Chinese, and not in any conceivable context. Such mistakes were fairly common in the past, when Western scholars' understanding of Chinese was still in its infancy.

US Flag

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: July 9, 2013, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

Tao Te Ching
        Translation, Interpretation and
        Notes by Derek Lin

Chapter 1

The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao
        The name that can be named is not the eternal name
        The nameless is the origin of Heaven and Earth
        The named is the mother of myriad things

Thus, constantly free of desire
        One observes its wonders
        Constantly filled with desire
        One observes its manifestations

These two emerge together but differ in name
        The unity is said to be the mystery
        Mystery of mysteries, the door to all wonders

Interpretation

The Tao that can be completely explained or expressed in words is not the constant, eternally unchanging and true Tao.

If the name of this Tao can be defined with words, then it is not the constant, eternally unchanging name of the true Tao.

Names did not exist prior to Creation. The nameless Tao is therefore the source of the universe.

Once it manifests itself as the physical universe, it can be named. Everything is derived from it through natural processes. It is therefore the mother of all things.

If we approach the Tao without self-serving desires, we can readily observe its inner wonders and marvels. This establishes a direct connection with the source, the vast intelligence of universal consciousness. This gives us flashes of powerful, intuitive insights, as well as free-flowing creativity.

If we approach the Tao full of self-serving desires, then we can only observe its external physical manifestations, rather than its inner essence. These desires block the connection and interfere with the Tao process. We often do this to ourselves.

The Tao's external manifestations (life, nature, the cosmos, and so on) and its inner wonders (oneness, the living void, the flow, etc.) are both properties of the ultimate reality. Although we call them by different names, they are but two sides of the same coin.

This unity of these two aspects gives us an interesting paradox. They seem distinctively different, and yet they lead to one another. Understanding of the Tao's inner essence gives us greater understanding of its outer manifestations, and vice versa.

Our recognition and acknowledgement of this paradox will open the door for us to further explore the infinite wonders of the Tao.

Notes

The Tao that can be spoken (expressed in words)
             Is not the constant (eternal) Tao
             The Name that can be named
             Is not the eternal Name
        The "Nameless Name" - that which existed before there was anything to name - is a synonym for the Tao.

The main idea here is that the Tao is a concept beyond reason and logic. It is the universal principle that permeates every action and every phenomenon, but it cannot be adequately understood through the rational mind. To comprehend it completely, you must exercise your intuition and get in touch with the fundamental divinity that connects everyone.

Lao Tzu is also pointing out the limitation of spoken words and written texts. Our tendencies to categorize, define and analyze only give us the limited understanding of how the Tao acts upon the material world. This is exactly what happens when we study physics, biology, chemistry, and other natural sciences.

On the other hand, if we free ourselves of this limiting human desire to put everything into words, and become aware of our wordless communion with nature, we can catch glimpses of a divine wisdom. Beyond categories, definitions, and analyses, it is wisdom far more profound than anything that academic knowledge, science and technology can offer.

Translation Notes

One translation renders the first line as "The way that can be trodden," which fails to take the above into account. Another translation mistakes "can" as "possible" and waxes poetic about "The possible Tao." That's even further away from the original meaning.

In this context, this character means "ever-lasting." In one instance a translator renders it as "absolute," which is close, but not quite correct.

There are many other erroneous translations of the first line, such as the following:

The Way that can be experienced
        The way that can be followed
        Those who would follow the way

They are erroneous because the second Dao, when used as a verb, can only means to talk, to speak, etc. It can never mean to follow or to experience. Not in modern or ancient Chinese, and not in any conceivable context. Such mistakes were fairly common in the past, when Western scholars' understanding of Chinese was still in its infancy.

"Such mistakes were fairly common in the past, when Western scholars' understanding of Chinese was still in its infancy."

Hell, I still can't understand Chinamen.

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
          Kentucky
          United States
          Member #35086
          March 12, 2006
          10374 Posts
          Posted: July 9, 2013, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

Emerson has special talents unequalled. The divine in man has had no more easy, methodically distinct  expression. His personal influence upon young persons greater than any man's. In his world every man  would be a poet, Love would reign, Beauty would take place, Man and Nature would harmonize.

— Henry David Thoreau, Journal, Undated 1845-47.

Thumbs Up                Patriot

NEW YORK
            United States
            Member #90535
            April 29, 2010
            11982 Posts
            Posted: July 10, 2013, 12:37 am - IP Logged

"Such mistakes were fairly common in the past, when Western scholars' understanding of Chinese was still in its infancy."

Hell, I still can't understand Chinamen.

HOW TO WIN THE LOTTERY BY NOT PLAYING=SAVE YOUR MONEY TO PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY.

2) Playing the lottery less often for more tickets= Buying multiple lottery tickets.

3) Playing the lottery less often for less tickets= Buying 1 lottery ticket monthly or yearly.

4) Playing the lottery more often for more tickets= Spending more money= Gambling addiction.

A lottery stop loss limit is very important to be a successful lottery player over the long term.

Feng Shui Lucky Cats.
            by Chinese Collectibles

US Flag

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
              adelaide sa
              Australia
              Member #37136
              April 11, 2006
              3300 Posts
              Posted: July 10, 2013, 12:49 am - IP Logged

just bought for my 2 pools,  2 weeks at $40 , if i divide that by 14 days thats $2.80 a day  thats  16 entries in ea  $1 mill draw,  8 ntries in a $4 mill draw. 4 entries in an under 1 mill, and 4 entries a $20 mill draw.  thatss per week.

theres another pool i dont run any more, similar sort of system going. it would add about $1 a day to my costs,

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: July 12, 2013, 12:07 am - IP Logged

Feng Shui Lucky Cats.
                by Chinese Collectibles

White Bounce

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=napoleon+xiv+they're+coming+to+take+me+away&mid=2C022BEA48B0AA435F712C022BEA48B0AA435F71&view=detail&FORM=VIRE5

White Bounce

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11982 Posts
                  Posted: July 12, 2013, 11:12 am - IP Logged

RDGRNR YOU WILL BECOME IMMORTAL PLAYING THE LOTTERY. LOL

US Flag