Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Have you ever in desperation prayed to win the lottery?

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Win$500Quick.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4108 Posts
Posted: July 9, 2013, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

I mean pouring your heart out, privately airing your financial concerns, looking for a sign..

United States
    Member #139735
    March 2, 2013
    669 Posts
    Posted: July 9, 2013, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

Yes Yes and Yes!!!!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4108 Posts
      Posted: July 10, 2013, 12:42 am - IP Logged

Well, well. At least someone has the stones to answer.Its rather puzzling considering that when " some" people do win, they might say " Thank God".. or " Its a gift from above"- yet many seem to be afraid to say " yes l do" because the next question would be" Since you have not won yet, does that mean God is not listening to your plea for help, why would a sweet thing like you be denied?" 

Its a " Hmmm" moment.

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: July 10, 2013, 9:11 am - IP Logged

Well, well. At least someone has the stones to answer.Its rather puzzling considering that when " some" people do win, they might say " Thank God".. or " Its a gift from above"- yet many seem to be afraid to say " yes l do" because the next question would be" Since you have not won yet, does that mean God is not listening to your plea for help, why would a sweet thing like you be denied?" 

Its a " Hmmm" moment.

LOL I pray for it to happen to me everynight at bedtime.....but Ive also heard God doesnt always answer your prayers the way you want him to...i.e. God doesnt always give you what you want  he gives you what you need

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19828 Posts
          Posted: July 10, 2013, 9:37 am - IP Logged

Its a " Hmmm" moment.

I've always believed the Lord help those who help themselves, just praying isn't enough. 

Besides there are probably thousands of other players praying for the samething and if the Lord decided to answerer all their prayers at the same time they all would be pissed.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
            adelaide sa
            Australia
            Member #37136
            April 11, 2006
            3300 Posts
            Posted: July 10, 2013, 10:08 am - IP Logged

yes but who to pray to?  me ill offer them all my favor, once they show me theirs. just send me a sign,  and an identifying sign.

http://www.luckymojo.com/deityluck.html

or here for lucky coins

http://www.churchofgoodluck.com/Tokens_and_Coins.html

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: July 10, 2013, 10:28 am - IP Logged

I've always believed the Lord help those who help themselves, just praying isn't enough. 

Besides there are probably thousands of other players praying for the samething and if the Lord decided to answerer all their prayers at the same time they all would be pissed.

Actually they were all very happy in the move the Yes Man, but when it came to the lottery jackpot the winners only got a few dollars each. Yes Nod

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                Los Angeles, California
                United States
                Member #103813
                January 5, 2011
                1530 Posts
                Posted: July 10, 2013, 11:17 am - IP Logged

United States
                  Member #130815
                  July 25, 2012
                  1636 Posts
                  Posted: July 10, 2013, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

LOL forget the powerball or even wining the superbowl....Lord just put me on a team where I might actually get to set foot on the field and play

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                    Member #142499
                    May 13, 2013
                    1183 Posts
                    Posted: July 10, 2013, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

Actually they were all very happy in the move the Yes Man, but when it came to the lottery jackpot the winners only got a few dollars each. Yes Nod

Yep, I was just going to say that in Bruce Almighty he let everyone who prayed to win actually win then they won so few bucks that they thought it was a scam and started a riot. It pays to be specific. Can't just ask to win, have to put in there your minimum dollar amount and also pray 20 people don't climb out of the woodwork trying to sue you, scam you, or kill you.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5121 Posts
                      Posted: July 10, 2013, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

I mean pouring your heart out, privately airing your financial concerns, looking for a sign..

NG:

Good ???????????????????.................Good post...................but, why would GOD want 2 dump a ship load

of money on someone who can't balance a check book........can't give D church but, One Dollar a Week and

can only pray......................Oh GOD>>>>>>please let me....not my next door neighbor WIN D LOTTERY $$$

NOTE:

The above statement has no refelection on NG>>>>>R anyone I know here on D Lottery Post but, if GOD

is listen'n.....hear'n.....read'n......(this)>>>>>please let Psyko win a big jackpot soon. won't tell anyone &

will be a good boy from now on. Will say my prayer every nite, will B nice 2 my friend's, will not talk about

my friend's R say bad things bout anybody>NO>>>>MORE but, GOD if U don't let Psyko WIN D LOTTERY$$

"Oh Loard wonch yoouuuuuu buy meeeeee aha>>MERCEDEEEESSS BENZZZZZEEEEEEE$$$$$$$$$$"

PartyDrumParty

maby a Ford..Chevy..Smart car???

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                        Member #142499
                        May 13, 2013
                        1183 Posts
                        Posted: July 10, 2013, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

Its a " Hmmm" moment.

I don't know what to say. Have I prayed for it? Yes. But my doubts that God would let me win may be why I have not. Isn't gambling supposed to be against the rules of Christianity? My pastor said yes. But when I asked if the church would turn away the 10% in tithes I'd pay I got no response. 

I know people who will give their last dime to help out someone else, who struggle their whole  lives to make ends meet. Working multiple jobs to pay someone else's medical bills or tuition. Then I read the story of the guy who won the PB after he purchased his QP ticket at a strip club. Guy ogling nekkid women wins, grandmother taking care of other people's kids gets nothing.

Really not too sure how the prayer thing works sometimes. You're supposed to have complete and utter faith that you will be taken care of and that you will receive your requested blessings, I guess I'm not there yet. Not when it happens for the ogler and not others. Whitaker was already a millionaire when he won, so the whole who-will-win-after praying seems more arbitrary than spritual.

Sunny California
                          United States
                          Member #40295
                          May 31, 2006
                          7712 Posts
                          Posted: July 10, 2013, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

Please help me,oh Lord,if I have to pray to win the lottery! Yikes. I believe it's in your destiny if you're going win or not. A lottery system or two wouldn't hurt. But God has more important matters to attend to and,I'm pretty sure, me you or anyone else winning the lottery isn't top of His priority list. I certainly hope ending hunger,animal abuse,and all the other atrocities of the world would be. So,I guess my answer is no. Never prayed for that.

kaseydia's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg

United States
                            Member #57795
                            January 19, 2008
                            188 Posts
                            Posted: July 10, 2013, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

I have prayed for financial help. God knows our needs before we ask. My blessing came through on a winning ticket right on time. I am so thankful for which ever direction he sends it.

Saint Louis MO
                              United States
                              Member #110754
                              May 11, 2011
                              2649 Posts
                              Posted: July 10, 2013, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

Absolutely, I always pray for prosperity.  Blue Angel

Remember to flip 6's 9's, mirror front and end #'s, and do front/back3 for a hit!