Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Changes to Illinois Lotto

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 3 years ago by jerryb*49.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10348 Posts
Posted: July 11, 2013, 1:28 am - IP Logged

Northstar strikes again!

E-mail from the Illinois Lottery:

As a valued Illinois Lottery customer we’d like to make you aware of exciting changes coming to one of your favorite Illinois Lottery games.

Starting July 14, 2013, Lotto will change! 

Larger non-jackpot winnings plus a new “match 2” prize category.

Wednesday draw day moved to Thursday! The last Wednesday draw date will be July 10, 2013.

$1 for 1 game panel instead of 2.

Don't miss a draw!

I'm thinking the new "match 2" prize will be $1

$1 for 1 game panel means what used to be two panels for $1 will now cost $2

On Wednesdays the game was copmpeting with PB, until this the biggest jackpot goig on Thursdays was Lucky Day Lotto with a starting jackpot of $100,000 (same for Sunday)

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5592 Posts
    Posted: July 11, 2013, 9:13 am - IP Logged

Northstar strikes again!

E-mail from the Illinois Lottery:

As a valued Illinois Lottery customer we’d like to make you aware of exciting changes coming to one of your favorite Illinois Lottery games.

Starting July 14, 2013, Lotto will change! 

Larger non-jackpot winnings plus a new “match 2” prize category.

Wednesday draw day moved to Thursday! The last Wednesday draw date will be July 10, 2013.

$1 for 1 game panel instead of 2.

Don't miss a draw!

I'm thinking the new "match 2" prize will be $1

$1 for 1 game panel means what used to be two panels for $1 will now cost $2

On Wednesdays the game was copmpeting with PB, until this the biggest jackpot goig on Thursdays was Lucky Day Lotto with a starting jackpot of $100,000 (same for Sunday)

Hey Coin Toss, howya like those "exciting" changes? Bet you can't wait to win all those match 2 prizes.

LOL.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

butch2030's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
      The KEY ingredient is Combos & Patterns
      Elgin, IL
      United States
      Member #68867
      January 1, 2009
      1221 Posts
      Posted: July 14, 2013, 11:42 am - IP Logged

I belive it is a rip off & the game doesn't go into effect until tomorrow night.

Let's see now - A $5.00 play slip with 10 lines which I played yesterday will now cost me $10.00 tomorrow for the same 10 lines.

- The Extra shot Option which cost you $5.00 yesterday will now cost you $10.00 tomorrow. (never liked this option as you don't get to pick your numbers).

- They avdertise HIGHER prizes for 8 prize levels. (Only 3 apply to the original game, 5 apply to the Extra Shot option (which cost you an additional $1.00/game).

- 3 of 6 was $3.00 prize (now that I am paying double the money), I don't get $6.00 instead only $5.00.

- 4 of 6 was approx $32.00 prize (now that I am paying double the money), I don't get $64.00 instead only get approx $50.00.

- They are taking away prize money from the upper levels to give it to the newly formed 2 of 6 prize bracket & charging you twice as much as before to get the job done.

- Bottom Line, is that, they want to increase their Bottom Line at your expense.  (Instead of 2 lines for $1.00; it is now costing you $2.00 for 2

lines).

And remember, the odds haven't changed.  Your chances of winning have (instead of 2 lines for a $1.00; you now only have  1 line).

Chicago
        United States
        Member #90131
        April 22, 2010
        38 Posts
        Posted: July 14, 2013, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

This was my $3/week subscription game.  Thought they would at least raise starting jackpot up from $2 million, but they didn't.  They will probably get less players, so what's the point?  With the odds increased, might as well play MegaMillions. 

Won't be long before Illinois lottery is made mandatory like ObamaCare.

Jerry B

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
          NY
          United States
          Member #121961
          January 21, 2012
          3157 Posts
          Posted: July 14, 2013, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

All the States learned from PB that higher jackpots attract more players who are willing to pay double. Two dollar games will become a epidemic across the US. Even my neighbor who buys 4 tickets a year could'nt resist the big PB jackpot.

butch2030's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
            The KEY ingredient is Combos & Patterns
            Elgin, IL
            United States
            Member #68867
            January 1, 2009
            1221 Posts
            Posted: July 15, 2013, 12:06 am - IP Logged

All the States learned from PB that higher jackpots attract more players who are willing to pay double. Two dollar games will become a epidemic across the US. Even my neighbor who buys 4 tickets a year could'nt resist the big PB jackpot.

Sad to say that the starting Jackpot for this Game was 2M.   And, after today, WOW - the starting Jackpot for this Game is still 2M.  Lets see now - double the cost per ticket & keep the starting Jackpot the same.  Let's see how many suckers (opps) investesters will jump on the band wagon...................................

Stupid is as Stupid does...........  Here's Your Card........................

Chicago
              United States
              Member #90131
              April 22, 2010
              38 Posts
              Posted: July 16, 2013, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

Why didn't they just increase the number of balls and keep the price the same?  Maybe Linda Kohlmeyer would have trouble with the higher numbers.Wink