Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Since Mega Millions is changing in October will you be playing more now before the change?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 3 years ago by jerryb*49.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: July 23, 2013, 8:58 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

Just curious to see if some of you are playing Mega Millions more now before the change in October. I'm very upset to see the change coming for MM. It's sounding more like Keno where they have 80 numbers. Though it would be a dream to win the jackpot prize I play in hopes of winning a lower tier prize. It was hard enough winning the jackpot before the change comes in October but it's going to be even more ridiculously hard to win when the new changes go into effect. Even though the lottery says there will be more lower prizes won it seems impossible to win those prizes (especially getting 5 numbers) to win the 2nd prize. What were they thinking when they decided to make this change? Granted it will be easier now to get the Mega ball number since it's going to change to 1 in 15 but since the other numbers are going up to 75 numbers then I don't see how that will help people to win a prize. Even though I've cut way down on my lottery playing the last 6 months I'm starting to rethink playing more on the Mega Millions until the new changes come in October. When I play I tend to buy just one ticket with the MegaPlier added on. I will continue to still buy one ticket but will play more often than I do now. It's a shame that I will just have to stop playing this game in October.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4111 Posts
    Posted: July 23, 2013, 9:31 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

Just curious to see if some of you are playing Mega Millions more now before the change in October. I'm very upset to see the change coming for MM. It's sounding more like Keno where they have 80 numbers. Though it would be a dream to win the jackpot prize I play in hopes of winning a lower tier prize. It was hard enough winning the jackpot before the change comes in October but it's going to be even more ridiculously hard to win when the new changes go into effect. Even though the lottery says there will be more lower prizes won it seems impossible to win those prizes (especially getting 5 numbers) to win the 2nd prize. What were they thinking when they decided to make this change? Granted it will be easier now to get the Mega ball number since it's going to change to 1 in 15 but since the other numbers are going up to 75 numbers then I don't see how that will help people to win a prize. Even though I've cut way down on my lottery playing the last 6 months I'm starting to rethink playing more on the Mega Millions until the new changes come in October. When I play I tend to buy just one ticket with the MegaPlier added on. I will continue to still buy one ticket but will play more often than I do now. It's a shame that I will just have to stop playing this game in October.

You mean " Losing More?". My habits won't change,  its still one or two tickets for me. As someone likes saying " You have to be in it to win it".

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: July 23, 2013, 9:56 am - IP Logged

I plan to play more before the change if the jackpot ever roll to a decent amount.  Right now, the local 6/49 has a jackpot of $41.7M with odds of winning it that are 13x better than MM.

Even after the overall odds improve to 1:14 of winning a prize, the jackpot will have to roll to a decent amount before I buy a ticket.  I'm all about playing for a decent jackpot with best odds for my dollars.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: July 23, 2013, 10:08 am - IP Logged

I plan to play more before the change if the jackpot ever roll to a decent amount.  Right now, the local 6/49 has a jackpot of $41.7M with odds of winning it that are 13x better than MM.

Even after the overall odds improve to 1:14 of winning a prize, the jackpot will have to roll to a decent amount before I buy a ticket.  I'm all about playing for a decent jackpot with best odds for my dollars.

I Agree! Im already playing more PB tickets because the risk to reward ratio is BETTER.

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: July 23, 2013, 10:54 am - IP Logged

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: July 23, 2013, 10:54 am - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

United States
              Member #130815
              July 25, 2012
              1636 Posts
              Posted: July 23, 2013, 11:20 am - IP Logged

EEEHHH long as it stays a dollar a ticket...I'll keep throwing a dollar at it here and there, hoping something sticks LOL

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: July 23, 2013, 11:32 am - IP Logged

EEEHHH long as it stays a dollar a ticket...I'll keep throwing a dollar at it here and there, hoping something sticks LOL

Mine are $15. Green laugh

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: July 23, 2013, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

Nah, I just keep my foot in the door is all now fer when Lady Luck comes a knockin'.

I play more on the state games in Virginia.

I don't play any state games in Tennessee cuz they're all fake computer drawings.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                    San Angelo, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #1097
                    January 31, 2003
                    1394 Posts
                    Posted: July 23, 2013, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

FWIW

I've dumped all my Mega Millions tracking charts.
                    I've switched to Cash 5/37 for Tuesday and Friday.
                    It's a lousy game but 2 of 5 pays $2.
                    There are some indications that a new Pick 5 game will be implemented later this year.
                    I hope it's a game with a decent jackpot. The current $20,000 sucks.

So long Mega Millions!!

As for the future 5/75 1/15 - lottery folks can KMA on that one!!

Tatototman65's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
                      Member #138729
                      February 4, 2013
                      2875 Posts
                      Posted: July 23, 2013, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

I've already boycotted!

Smile

Want regulated Internet gaming in your state? Got 30 SECONDS to spare?
                      MI Residents ONLY (Time is running out; ACT NOW)-
                      Click me
                      Open to EVERYONE- Click me

ThemBonez's avatar - 16314 s.jpg
                        Phoenix, AZ
                        United States
                        Member #136173
                        December 5, 2012
                        1034 Posts
                        Posted: July 23, 2013, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Not sure yet.  I'm mainly playing AZ Pick 3 and AZ Fantasy 5 than Mega Millions.  I'm pretty sure I'll still play it.

"JACKPOT BABY!" ...those elusive words still elude me! LOL

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                          Florida
                          United States
                          Member #77815
                          August 1, 2009
                          3460 Posts
                          Posted: July 23, 2013, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

I've already boycotted!

Smile

I Agree!

Guess Who's Back?

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                            Massachusetts
                            United States
                            Member #37433
                            April 14, 2006
                            2747 Posts
                            Posted: July 23, 2013, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

I have a MM season ticket for the whole of 2013 so I will just let it expire then it is addios to MM for me too. Hopefully I win something before then. I wouldn't have been involved with the game after the matrix change had I not had the season tickets.

That money's gone fo ever

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                              Oklahoma
                              United States
                              Member #82391
                              November 12, 2009
                              6290 Posts
                              Posted: July 24, 2013, 6:50 am - IP Logged

This is why I wish Oklahoma had a state lotto gameMad ( then again it would probably be CG)Bang Head

I Love Pink & Green 1908