Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NC Tickets Printed

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 3 years ago by MsNumberDreamer.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
MsNumberDreamer's avatar - lottery balls-cash.jpg
North Carolina
United States
Member #145690
August 11, 2013
258 Posts
Posted: August 17, 2013, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

I have looked on the website trying to find out the total amount of tickets printed in each Scratch off game. Can anyone from NC tell me where you find this information?  I thought it was public information but I do not see it on any of the tickets on the site.  I have bought quite a few The Vault tickets from various stores and out of all have only gotten a lousy $3.00 win.  But I have had several with the same ticket number which confused me.  I thought each ticket was supposed to have it's own number.

Romancandle's avatar - moon
    Upacreek
    United States
    Member #136306
    December 8, 2012
    428 Posts
    Posted: August 17, 2013, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

I have looked on the website trying to find out the total amount of tickets printed in each Scratch off game. Can anyone from NC tell me where you find this information?  I thought it was public information but I do not see it on any of the tickets on the site.  I have bought quite a few The Vault tickets from various stores and out of all have only gotten a lousy $3.00 win.  But I have had several with the same ticket number which confused me.  I thought each ticket was supposed to have it's own number.

You should post in the scratcher's forum...

Who knows how many tickets have been printed... if you find that out, please let me know too!

Here's the remaining prizes though... and yes, you will get tickets with the identical numbers... they are printed in "packs" etc.

http://www.nc-educationlottery.org/instant_detail.aspx?gn=344

-RC

North Carolina
      United States
      Member #145690
      August 11, 2013
      258 Posts
      Posted: August 17, 2013, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

Okay thanks.  I am new to the site.  I thought Lottery Discussion was for general topics.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19740 Posts
        Posted: August 17, 2013, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

Okay thanks.  I am new to the site.  I thought Lottery Discussion was for general topics.

Welcome MsNumberDreamer

Upacreek
          United States
          Member #136306
          December 8, 2012
          428 Posts
          Posted: August 17, 2013, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

It might be, heck I'm a newbie here too... so don't listen to me LOL just thought you might get better information if you post there Wink

Welcome aboard BTW!

If you find out how many tickets are printed in a game... please do tell!

-RC

North Carolina
            United States
            Member #145690
            August 11, 2013
            258 Posts
            Posted: August 17, 2013, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

Thanks HelpmeWin and Romancandle.

United States
              Member #130815
              July 25, 2012
              1636 Posts
              Posted: August 18, 2013, 7:29 am - IP Logged

Hey Im in NC also and Ive never seen it posted anywhere either, but I just keep up with the "top prizes remaining" count and when they are gone I stop buying that particular scratch-off...Also the more expensive tickets are supposed to have better odds, so like if it's 3.95 to 1 I'll buy four tickets, hoping to win something, but sometimes I'll lose on all 4 LOL

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                Massachusetts
                United States
                Member #37433
                April 14, 2006
                2747 Posts
                Posted: August 18, 2013, 8:33 am - IP Logged

This is how I work out the tickets printed on this game.

http://www.nc-educationlottery.org/uploads/docs/htp344.pdf

The odds of winning the top prize are 1:720,000 and there are 4 top prizes.

Therefore it means that there are 720,000 X 4 = 2,880,000 tickets printed.

I hope a math major at LP can check on my calculations and correct me if I am wrong Naughty

That money's gone fo ever

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                  Massachusetts
                  United States
                  Member #37433
                  April 14, 2006
                  2747 Posts
                  Posted: August 18, 2013, 8:40 am - IP Logged

Oh I forgot to welcome you MsNumberDream to LP and wish you success in that Money Vault ticket so welcome and goodluck!

That money's gone fo ever

Upacreek
                    United States
                    Member #136306
                    December 8, 2012
                    428 Posts
                    Posted: August 18, 2013, 11:49 am - IP Logged

I hope a math major at LP can check on my calculations and correct me if I am wrong Naughty

That's how I thought it may work too... but I wasn't sure about that Disapprove

We have a $20 game here were there are 3 top prizes with 1 in 7,000,000 odds, so... 21,000,000 tickets printed.

Another $5 game with 12 top prizes with 1 in 4,050,000...that's 48,600,000 tickets... that's crazy!

So if that is right, along with my math Crazy... the total revenue alone (less payouts) for just those two games is $663 Million dollars- Eek

There's about 12-13 million residents in our state... safe to say all of them do NOT buy scratchers, so it's gonna be awhile before all those tickets get sold... if ever at all.

-RC

North Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #145690
                      August 11, 2013
                      258 Posts
                      Posted: August 18, 2013, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

Thanks.  That at least gives me an idea of the amount.