Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions Takes Over YouTube site!!

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Astekblue.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Seattle, Washington
United States
Member #48896
January 13, 2007
10 Posts
Posted: August 29, 2013, 4:16 am - IP Logged

We all know that Mega Millions is starting to have their NEW and BETTER Lotto game starting in October of this year.  More white balls up to 75, and less Megaball.  But that's NOT the only thing.  The other hand, their secret is to take over YouTube site!!!  YES, that's right, Mega Millions folks is thinking about taking over YouTube site that's related to Mega Millions.  And they want to control YouTube by NOT letting MUSL, Multi-State Lottery, which they runs Powerball, to be on YouTube.  That's right!!! Mega Millions want to control YouTube and NOT allow MUSL to have their YouTube channel of Powerball.   Now is this is right or wrong??? To me it sounds too LIBERAL by Mega Millions folks that wants everything on their side. If you're interested in this matter, find sources for more details and post it on USA Mega, or AP, to let Lottery players knows.   I'm NOT kdding, it's true that Mega Millions folks wants to control YouTube site when they hav their NEW Mega Millions game this coming October.   What do you think???  Spread the words!!!   What do you think??? What?  Your comment is always welcome, whether if it political to you or whatever. Smile

Eugene

United States
    Member #130815
    July 25, 2012
    1636 Posts
    Posted: August 29, 2013, 7:44 am - IP Logged

What do you mean? Are they just going to have their live drawings on youtube and not live drawings of powerball? If that's the case then I don't think it's political it's more capital and marketing...like Wal-mart undercutting everbodys prices so you'll buy from them and not their competitors....Same thing MM want people to play and cater to them and not PB, but good luck with that cause I'd never stop trying my hand at both

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10345 Posts
      Posted: August 29, 2013, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

New and better game for those running the game, not for the players.

The oddds against winning the jackpot are going from 175,000,000:1 to 258,000,000:1. If you honestly think that's 'new and better' you must work for MM or are what they would consider the 'perfect player for the house'.

Going from a 56 number matrix to a 75 number matrix is insanity, from a player's standpoint.

A lot of people here on LP are bailing on MM.

Good Luck.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
        Kentucky
        United States
        Member #35086
        March 12, 2006
        10374 Posts
        Posted: August 29, 2013, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

The oddds against winning the jackpot are going from 175,000,000:1 to 258,000,000:1. If you honestly think that's 'new and better' you must work for MM or are what they would consider the 'perfect player for the house'.

Going from a 56 number matrix to a 75 number matrix is insanity, from a player's standpoint.

Good Luck.

I Agree!

They   are   Pathetic  to   even   offer  a   game   like    that

Yep............I  am  one  of  them  thats  gonna   bail   on   them   come   October

Seattle, Washington
          United States
          Member #48896
          January 13, 2007
          10 Posts
          Posted: August 29, 2013, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

To answer the question for Billionair2bee, JUST Mega Millions drawings, after the LIVE drawings. And according to MUSL Director, says that Mega Millions folks won't allow MULS to post their Powerball drawings on YouTube. Just Mega Millions or anything that's relate to Mega Millions.  IF it some other Lottery games that's NOT relate to Mega Millions, then MM folks would not allow that.  The MUSL director says that the MM folks is thinking about to control YouTube site.  As far as I know of that MM folks isn't buying YouTube site.

But you know what???  Think of this.... If anyone likes or loves YouTube, it's the "People's YouTube", NOT Mega Millions' YouTube site.   I've talked to a retired pastor this morng at a workout, who's in the 70's years of age, said it's NOT right, and it's gone too far.  It's the people's YouTube site. Not Mega Millions' site for their new Mega Millions game.   So, that's the answer to that.  Sleepy

Eugene

str8ca$hhomie's avatar - Cash

United States
            Member #146028
            August 22, 2013
            842 Posts
            Posted: August 29, 2013, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

Good Luck.

If they provided what represents two or three years worth of pre-test data with the new range of numbers 1-75 then I might consider staying with Mega Millions. Then and only then would pre-testing become a useful tool to the lottery player and not the MEGA MILLIONS HOUSE ADVANTAGE. Otherwise, I'm going to bail along with all of the other statistical trackers in favor of the Powerball because of the lower range of numbers and of course, their current up to date history files.

Sometimes it's extremely difficult if not practically impossible to get people to disregard the smoke and mirrors.  Instead, they seem to enjoy the ride down the proverbial Garden Path....... helpless to extricate themselves from being totally deceived by known forces in their midst who would argue that they have come here for the sole purpose of helping people.......str8ca$hhomie

Greg2117's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
              New York
              United States
              Member #145706
              August 12, 2013
              108 Posts
              Posted: August 29, 2013, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

Good Luck.

The odds don't mean anything. Doesn't matter how it much goes up. It's 50/50. Either you win or you don't.

"When you begin to see, then you begin to feel. And when you begin to feel, then you begin to believe".

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                rekjavik
                Iceland
                Member #99537
                October 27, 2010
                177 Posts
                Posted: August 29, 2013, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

1-75  Bash you can throw every system, theory, or idea out the window.. if you win its PURE luck.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?Patriot

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                  Massachusetts
                  United States
                  Member #37433
                  April 14, 2006
                  2747 Posts
                  Posted: August 29, 2013, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

We all know that Mega Millions is starting to have their NEW and BETTER Lotto game starting in October of this year.  More white balls up to 75, and less Megaball.  But that's NOT the only thing.  The other hand, their secret is to take over YouTube site!!!  YES, that's right, Mega Millions folks is thinking about taking over YouTube site that's related to Mega Millions.  And they want to control YouTube by NOT letting MUSL, Multi-State Lottery, which they runs Powerball, to be on YouTube.  That's right!!! Mega Millions want to control YouTube and NOT allow MUSL to have their YouTube channel of Powerball.   Now is this is right or wrong??? To me it sounds too LIBERAL by Mega Millions folks that wants everything on their side. If you're interested in this matter, find sources for more details and post it on USA Mega, or AP, to let Lottery players knows.   I'm NOT kdding, it's true that Mega Millions folks wants to control YouTube site when they hav their NEW Mega Millions game this coming October.   What do you think???  Spread the words!!!   What do you think??? What?  Your comment is always welcome, whether if it political to you or whatever. Smile

Wow, this is so confusing. Ok so MegaMillions want to control the MM youtube channel (once created because as it is, it doesn't exist). What is so wrong with that? MM & MUSL consortiums are still competing even though they agreed to let each other sell tickets in their own turf. MUSL can create its own youtube channel in less than 2 minutes if it wanted to.

That money's gone fo ever

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                    Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2747 Posts
                    Posted: August 29, 2013, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

Good Luck.

Every once in a long while the combination of all the white balls will be under 50. Once in a blue moon the combination will fall under the category of "birthday numbers" (all under 31). I had promised to quit playing but since I have season tickets, I will be playing involuntarily for the remaining bit of 2013. I would have preferred a refund but they told me to reselect my MegaBall to any number under 15 or they will do it for me Disapprove Wish me luck people.

That money's gone fo ever

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                      Wisconsin
                      United States
                      Member #123290
                      February 17, 2012
                      3048 Posts
                      Posted: August 29, 2013, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

They   are   Pathetic  to   even   offer  a   game   like    that

Yep............I  am  one  of  them  thats  gonna   bail   on   them   come   October

Bail on them for now.

Once that jackpot gets to a record high you'll be back in.

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7297 Posts
                        Posted: August 29, 2013, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

Good Luck.

The new game is going to much better for the state lotteries with smaller volumes of play. MM upped the 5 + 0 to $1 million, but the odds are over 17 million to 1.

"A lot of people here on LP are bailing on MM."

Someone said players will bail when PB went to $2 tickets with the same odds as the $1 MM ticket. But I guess it depends on how one calculates the odds. If 2 MM tickets now gives a player a 1 in 87.5 million chance to win the jackpot, 2 tickets in the new game will give them a 1 in 129 million chance and still lower than PB's 1 in 175 million for the same price.

Considering only 0.0091% of all the winning tickets in last nights drawing won over $100, everyone should have bailed a long time ago.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: August 29, 2013, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

The odds don't mean anything. Doesn't matter how it much goes up. It's 50/50. Either you win or you don't.

Yes, it's true that either you'll win or you won't.

There's one chance that you'll win.

And roughly 258 million chances that you won't.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                            Bay Area - California
                            United States
                            Member #136477
                            December 12, 2012
                            4105 Posts
                            Posted: August 29, 2013, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

The catch is to make the players think that since the price of the game is going to stay at a buck- there is nothing to worry about.

That's like saying " l have a 20 foot Pet Python, and as long as l feed him regularly- l am in no danger whatsoever"

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: August 29, 2013, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

Every once in a long while the combination of all the white balls will be under 50. Once in a blue moon the combination will fall under the category of "birthday numbers" (all under 31). I had promised to quit playing but since I have season tickets, I will be playing involuntarily for the remaining bit of 2013. I would have preferred a refund but they told me to reselect my MegaBall to any number under 15 or they will do it for me Disapprove Wish me luck people.

"Wish me luck people."

Luck people!   LepLepLep